Author Topic: Your favorite "bad lift" to watch in the gym  (Read 19186 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: Your favorite "bad lift" to watch in the gym
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2007, 04:36:57 PM »
It's Monday and I will be in the gym ASAP and I guarantee I will have "the lift of the day"
Half rep machine dips were the routine of the day.  I saw another funny thing today in the gym when I was reracking my dbells.  This guy was doing incline flyes but with his crossed like a chick sitting down in a skirt.  Hahahaha.
Squishy face retard

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2007, 04:42:52 PM »
Half rep machine dips were the routine of the day.  I saw another funny thing today in the gym when I was reracking my dbells.  This guy was doing incline flyes but with his crossed like a chick sitting down in a skirt.  Hahahaha.
i saw a clown doing dumbbell shrugs with the 90's the other day and coming up onto his toes on every rep and i said, "hey a new exercise, standing dumbbell calf shrug raises".

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2007, 04:59:13 PM »
i saw a clown doing dumbbell shrugs with the 90's the other day and coming up onto his toes on every rep and i said, "hey a new exercise, standing dumbbell calf shrug raises".

hahaha, there is some skinny 40ish tard in my gym.  He's been bringing his 12-13yr old son in to train with him and doing 1/4 squats, etc...horrible form.  Anyway the guy has his son doing deadlifts (terrible form) and then at the top doing the tip toe thing, too.  hahahaha, maybe there is a secret society of these puffers?

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2007, 08:29:35 PM »
All of you guys are idiots.  I'd own ANY of you on the FIRST DAY of my workout week.  I'd like for you all to hit an entire week with me (after I hit the gym AFTER WORK, of course), but, honestly, NONE of you are in good enough shape to even come close to the the poundages I do or the intensity...for just a single day.

In short, I laugh at your clowns.  Idiots like you all make the world go round.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2007, 08:37:32 PM »
All of you guys are idiots.  I'd own ANY of you on the FIRST DAY of my workout week.  I'd like for you all to hit an entire week with me (after I hit the gym AFTER WORK, of course), but, honestly, NONE of you are in good enough shape to even come close to the the poundages I do or the intensity...for just a single day.

Hook up with Cormier, do some weed and chill out.
Squishy face retard

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2007, 08:42:02 PM »

i don't have any clowns. but if i did, i would imagine they'd be happy to know that you laugh at them, since that's why they're there.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »
OH yea.....  numnumnumnumnumnumnum... ..

JOEBEAST

• Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2007, 08:40:49 AM »

I'D LOVE TO BURY YOU.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2007, 09:47:33 AM »

Let me guess you're from "jersey" too? aka "the shore"
#

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »
bent over rows....
t-bar-rows.......
squats
barbell curls

but in general it could be every exercise....

"but who is perfect in everything", many good pro Bodybuilders using a lot of speed & "momentum" and the results where better than "Mr. Perfect-Form" who trains his "15 inch arms" who havenīt changed for the last 5 years.
On some exercises i`m going with a less than perfect form, because the results where better....
But on the other side ítīs very important not to go too far with a bad-form, because injuries don`t help you to build a Body you want.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2007, 02:50:10 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

IF you clowns would spend more time worrying about YOUR OWN WORKOUTS and PROGRESS than about what those around you are doing you might actually develope physiques worth being proud of.  Do you know how damn SAD it is that you all go to the gym to pay attention to what OTHER PEOPLE are DOING?  Who the hell CARES?

When you look in the mirror and aren't happy, consider spending less time looking at other people exercise.  You will see a correlation between being happier at what you see in the mirror the LESS TIME you spend WATCHING EVERYONE ELSE WORKOUT.  Why do you CARE what the hell someone else does at the damn gym unless they are stealing the equipment you are using?  Otherwise, you shouldn't give a f**k what someone else is doing.

Get LIVES

I'm glad this thread is here.  I get tired of internet posters saying they use 350 in pulldowns and 1500lbs. in the leg press.  We all know how they accomplish these numbers.  I think guys get insulted by these posts because they see themself using cheating short range of motion lifts to prop up their small fragile ego.  I was using 90lbs for full up and down incline dumbbell reps bringing them down as low as they could go.  A guy said can I work in?  He asks for help getting two 125 lbs dumbbells into position.  He then starts using 6 sloppy half reps and threw the dumbbells on the ground staring at me like check out this hunk of man.  I took his dumbbells and proceeded to do 12 sloppy half reps.  The clown said I can't believe how strong you are.  My next set I went back to my 90lbs doing the exercise correctly. 

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2007, 03:03:45 PM »
I'm glad this thread is here.  I get tired of internet posters saying they use 350 in pulldowns and 1500lbs. in the leg press.  We all know how they accomplish these numbers.  I think guys get insulted by these posts because they see themself using cheating short range of moition lifts to prop up their small fragile ego.  I was using 90lbs for full up and down incline dumbbell reps bringing them down as low as they could go. 

I don`t believe any claims until i see it with my own eyes.....but i haven`t seen youīre perfect 90`s and "sloppy 125`s....

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »

Let me guess you're from "jersey" too? aka "the shore"
Hahahah....are you saying that EgoCrusher sexually abuses his hair gel before making the Guido porcupine look prior to lifting at the gym?  Sounds like a Jersey guy to me.

bent over rows....
t-bar-rows.......
squats
barbell curls

but in general it could be every exercise....

"but who is perfect in everything", many good pro Bodybuilders using a lot of speed & "momentum" and the results where better than "Mr. Perfect-Form" who trains his "15 inch arms" who havenīt changed for the last 5 years.
On some exercises i`m going with a less than perfect form, because the results where better....
But on the other side ítīs very important not to go too far with a bad-form, because injuries don`t help you to build a Body you want.

Ya but I think doing 1/4 squats and leg presses are bullshit and are totally ego.  Training like Coleman in terms of speed and momentum IMO is bad but his 80% ROM reps aren't bad, esp for the joints.

Squishy face retard

Patrik15

• Getbig II
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:37 PM »
benching more than you can and only going down a few inches.
Got Lift?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »
benching more than you can and only going down a few inches.
I know a guy with fucked up shoulders and great triceps who can vouche for that one.  ;)
Squishy face retard

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
I think my two favorite "bad lifts" are the Tuna Bar Curls, where the guy bounces the bar off his thighs and bends backwards, it hurts my disks just seeing it, and the 1/4 squats with way more weight than the person can reasonably do. Just take some weight off and go deep! I think it's alot more impressive to see somebody doing perfect form with less weight...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2007, 04:36:27 PM »
I think my two favorite "bad lifts" are the Tuna Bar Curls, where the guy bounces the bar off his thighs and bends backwards, it hurts my disks just seeing it, and the 1/4 squats with way more weight than the person can reasonably do. Just take some weight off and go deep! I think it's alot more impressive to see somebody doing perfect form with less weight...
I remember Chick writing in  Flex Article about a bar with 800 lbs on it and he, T. Prince and Lou "$20 or leave" Ferrigno stopped to watch and the guy did a 1 inch squat and then racked it.  Speak on this Bob.
Squishy face retard