Author Topic: Best Fitshow ever!  (Read 3197 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Best Fitshow ever!
« on: February 14, 2007, 09:03:41 AM »
http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fitshow/2007im/im_fitshow.htm

13:36

"Finishing with... 10 pound hardcore BRUTAL dumbells.... for my fans from Getbig..."

Good one Milos!
Q

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: Best Fitshow ever!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 12:03:06 PM »

"Finishing with... 10 pound hardcore BRUTAL dumbells.... for my fans from Getbig..."

Good one Milos!

Milos looked small here. this must be a while back
Get Big, or Die Trying

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »
HARD CORE

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »
hahahahaa

nice pukefest

monster 50 lbs hacks.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 12:47:54 PM »
Wow I am impressed with the video. Since when did they start making it so high tech?
just push some weight!

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:13:22 PM »
why does milos inisist on using so light weights when science shows that its progressive overload(heavier weights) that builds muscle

his idea of intensity is crazy, rushing through a workout without rest, is that intesnsity? show me a study that proves this 'intensity' builds muscle...if it was true, milos can use his pink dumbells and build 300pds muscle for himself  since according to him, its the quality of contraction, intensity blahblah.. that matters..he just has to wave his pink dumbells like in the disco till he runs out of breath and puke and that would be an intense workout there  :-*

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 01:16:54 PM »
why does milos inisist on using so light weights when science shows that its progressive overload(heavier weights) that builds muscle

his idea of intensity is crazy, rushing through a workout without rest, is that intesnsity? show me a study that proves this 'intensity' builds muscle...if it was true, milos can use his pink dumbells and build 300pds muscle for himself  since according to him, its the quality of contraction, intensity blahblah.. that matters  :-*

training faster with lighter weights tricks the body into thinking its using much more weight...Much easier on the body...Jay Cutler now trains pretty fast...

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 01:21:06 PM »
training faster with lighter weights tricks the body into thinking its using much more weight...Much easier on the body...Jay Cutler now trains pretty fast...

Monster ignorance  :)

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »
seriously, milos if u r reading this pls reply i would love to hear ur scientific explanation behind this

dont u think training till u puke is stupid and bad for the body? puking is ur body's way of telling you its too much, u probably damaged ur body there doing more harm than good... and yet ur still so happy smiling to the camera telling everyone ur so 'harcore'

jong_1

Re: Best Fitshow ever! Episode #52
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »
This episode was outstanding. Nicely done Milos and gang (and Chapman Media Group)...I think a lot of people would never permit themselves to be video-recorded in such a manner. It's an awesome inside look at how far some people will push themselves and it carries a great sense of physical/mental reality that none of the other fit-show episodes have achieved.

I think OMG has a valid point however. This type of training, even when executed by seasoned professionals, would seem to increase the potential for injury, especially a couple of the shoulder exercise movements.

Milos:
How often do you engage in this type of training?
When you do is it part of some type of larger/extended cycle? If so, can you provide details?
How long does it take you to recover from one of these sessions?
To what extent do these types of training sessions contribute to muscular growth, in your opinion?
Have you suffered more injuries during these training sessions as opposed to less intense sessions?
Last, who's the sorry bastard who has to clean up the puke outside? Make sure they use chlorine bleach...

Your daughter is a cutie and appears to have a bright personality, congratulations. That face she made was hilarious.

jon

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 06:05:34 PM »
What did I miss? I saw Milos repping out w/a 25 on each side on the hack squat machine. Let's see...there was this brutal test of endurance and stamina that would attack just about anybody's nervous system enough to make them hurl. So where are we at here Milos? What did that accomplish? Did we tare down muscle? Did we build strength? WTF did you accomplish w/that stuff? Think I'll stick w/what I consider hardcore.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:51 PM »
Everyone questioning Milos' training methods has an invitation to go train with him!  Milos basically called everyone out who's been talking shit about his training methods.  The doors are wide open, step up and see how well you do.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzz :(. After the 1st 10 minutes of ads, I killed the link.
a

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 08:51:29 PM »

his idea of intensity is crazy, rushing through a workout without rest, is that intesnsity? show me a study that proves this 'intensity' builds muscle...if it was true, milos can use his pink dumbells and build 300pds muscle for himself  since according to him, its the quality of contraction, intensity blahblah.. that matters..he just has to wave his pink dumbells like in the disco till he runs out of breath and puke and that would be an intense workout there  :-*

kids these days eh?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 02:32:48 AM »

Good one Milos!

;D ;D ;D
I know that only my fans from Getbig would notice brutal poundages...so I couldn't help but mention...

As I said many times - all of you who think that I (and my training partners) train light are welcome to try my "light training"...
Anytime!

I think Hide said the best: "Please come to Koloseum Gym and train with us...I'll kick your ass..."
And I'll bet anything - Hide WILL kick your ass - as he trains with me for about a year...

What MAYBE confuses some people is the way the show was being taped...Nobody really realizes WHAT we are doing - as it is NOT shown from start to finish...
Giant sets are done as a sequence of multiple exercises ONE AFTER ANOTHER - with no rest in between...so after finishing front squats, smith machine squats, partial squats (to the bench), walking lunges, leg extensions and a leg press - by the time I would come to my 7TH exercise in a sequence (without resting in between) - Sissy squats on Hack Machine - 25 pounds on each side is MORE THAN HEAVY weight to complete 10 repetitions....
Some of you only see 25 pounds and Hack Squat machine and assume that this is so easy and "light" - it is laughable...

Well - I would love to see anyone come and join us and do our workout...AND YES - everyone is welcome ;) - just mention that you are one of the getbig members wanting to challenge Milos's training methods...

To finish our 1st rotation on legs: add 8th exercise: super slow hacks with wide stance - all the way down and only half way up - with 3 seconds pause on the bottom and also 3 seconds pause in the top position (half way up)...Ooops - almost forgot: stance should be only ball of the foot (with heels elevated at all times)...
9th exercise was Smith machine lunges....

Each rotation (total of 4...or was it 5 that day?) was done with progressively heavier weight in EACH exercise...

Hardcore DELTS training with Ed Van Amsterdam was:

Giant sets:
1- Snatch (185lbs)
2- Push press (185lbs)
3- Smith Machine Press(225lbs)
4- D-bell Front raises
5- D-bell Side lateral raises
6- D-bell Bent over lateral raises (I can't really remember the weight...)
7- Upright rows

All of these 7 exercises were done in a sequence ONE AFTER ANOTHER without any rest in between (less than 5 seconds to be exact)

We did 3 rotations before moving to the next GIANT SETS combo:

1-Dbell bent over lateral raises
2-Cable rear delts
3-Dbell side laterals
4- Cable side laterals
5- Lighter dbell side laterals
6 - Combination: seated SIDE-FRONT-UP d-bell exercise (one of my favorite...in witch 10 pounds ARE "monster d-bells"...and many of you would not be able to finish with 2 pound d-bells... ;)

After 3 rotations we finished with:
Triple drop superset: standing lateral raises + bent over lateral raises (using 3 pairs of d-bells and doing 10+10 reps with each pair = total of 60 reps per set).

Second rotation was ASCENDING set (instead of using lighter weight (dropping) we used heavier weights (ascending method: start with light and immediately go to heavier...and on the final 3rd rotation we would go ascending and than descending: using light weight in each of the 2 chosen exercises 10+10 reps, move to heavier (10+10) and than heaviest (10+10) and immediately drop to lighter (10+10) and finishing with lightest again (10+10) = total of 100 reps!

That was Delt training....

Back Training with Silvio and Hide:

A:
1- Incline bench dbell rows
2-standing dbell rows
3-tbar rows
4- partial dead lift (lats not traps)
5- Incline barbell row (wide grip)
6- smith machine row

ALL done in sequence one after another...
4 sets total

B:
6 MORE EXERCISES FOR BACK (combo of rows and pulldowns) X 3 ROTATIONS

C:
4 more pulldown exercises (4 different grips) X 3 rotations

D:
6 MORE EXERCISES (combo of low pulley cable rows and high pulley pull downs) X 3 rotations....

So, there you have it.
If someone THINKS that he can just come and join us AND LAST THROUGH THE WORKOUT - please do....We are very easy to find...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 02:33:13 AM »
zzzzzzzzzzz :(. After the 1st 10 minutes of ads, I killed the link.

Then you missed the good part at 13:36!
Q

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 02:46:45 AM »
That was actually fucking sweet.

Thanks Milos.
It's Hip to be Square!

vinnyvee

• Getbig IV
  • Dorian never bitched, he just shut em up!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 05:45:29 AM »
;D ;D ;D
I know that only my fans from Getbig would notice brutal poundages...so I couldn't help but mention...

As I said many times - all of you who think that I (and my training partners) train light are welcome to try my "light training"...
Anytime!

I think Hide said the best: "Please come to Koloseum Gym and train with us...I'll kick your ass..."
And I'll bet anything - Hide WILL kick your ass - as he trains with me for about a year...

What MAYBE confuses some people is the way the show was being taped...Nobody really realizes WHAT we are doing - as it is NOT shown from start to finish...
Giant sets are done as a sequence of multiple exercises ONE AFTER ANOTHER - with no rest in between...so after finishing front squats, smith machine squats, partial squats (to the bench), walking lunges, leg extensions and a leg press - by the time I would come to my 7TH exercise in a sequence (without resting in between) - Sissy squats on Hack Machine - 25 pounds on each side is MORE THAN HEAVY weight to complete 10 repetitions....
Some of you only see 25 pounds and Hack Squat machine and assume that this is so easy and "light" - it is laughable...

Well - I would love to see anyone come and join us and do our workout...AND YES - everyone is welcome ;) - just mention that you are one of the getbig members wanting to challenge Milos's training methods...

To finish our 1st rotation on legs: add 8th exercise: super slow hacks with wide stance - all the way down and only half way up - with 3 seconds pause on the bottom and also 3 seconds pause in the top position (half way up)...Ooops - almost forgot: stance should be only ball of the foot (with heels elevated at all times)...
9th exercise was Smith machine lunges....

Each rotation (total of 4...or was it 5 that day?) was done with progressively heavier weight in EACH exercise...

Hardcore DELTS training with Ed Van Amsterdam was:

Giant sets:
1- Snatch (185lbs)
2- Push press (185lbs)
3- Smith Machine Press(225lbs)
4- D-bell Front raises
5- D-bell Side lateral raises
6- D-bell Bent over lateral raises (I can't really remember the weight...)
7- Upright rows

All of these 7 exercises were done in a sequence ONE AFTER ANOTHER without any rest in between (less than 5 seconds to be exact)

We did 3 rotations before moving to the next GIANT SETS combo:

1-Dbell bent over lateral raises
2-Cable rear delts
3-Dbell side laterals
4- Cable side laterals
5- Lighter dbell side laterals
6 - Combination: seated SIDE-FRONT-UP d-bell exercise (one of my favorite...in witch 10 pounds ARE "monster d-bells"...and many of you would not be able to finish with 2 pound d-bells... ;)

After 3 rotations we finished with:
Triple drop superset: standing lateral raises + bent over lateral raises (using 3 pairs of d-bells and doing 10+10 reps with each pair = total of 60 reps per set).

Second rotation was ASCENDING set (instead of using lighter weight (dropping) we used heavier weights (ascending method: start with light and immediately go to heavier...and on the final 3rd rotation we would go ascending and than descending: using light weight in each of the 2 chosen exercises 10+10 reps, move to heavier (10+10) and than heaviest (10+10) and immediately drop to lighter (10+10) and finishing with lightest again (10+10) = total of 100 reps!

That was Delt training....

Back Training with Silvio and Hide:

A:
1- Incline bench dbell rows
2-standing dbell rows
3-tbar rows
4- partial dead lift (lats not traps)
5- Incline barbell row (wide grip)
6- smith machine row

ALL done in sequence one after another...
4 sets total

B:
6 MORE EXERCISES FOR BACK (combo of rows and pulldowns) X 3 ROTATIONS

C:
4 more pulldown exercises (4 different grips) X 3 rotations

D:
6 MORE EXERCISES (combo of low pulley cable rows and high pulley pull downs) X 3 rotations....

So, there you have it.
If someone THINKS that he can just come and join us AND LAST THROUGH THE WORKOUT - please do....We are very easy to find...

I'll hand it to you Milos, you have done well explaining what it is you guys actually did as your right, the tape did not show everything. But, you still have not explained what this is supposed to accomplish other than a new take on some cardio as I know your boys were sucking some air!
I wouldnt hesitate to jump in and try Ed V>Am's shoulder blast but this less than 5 seconds of rest between sets? Yeah, I would probably fatigue pretty quick. But in the event I kept pluggin away and then was able to complete the entire shoulder routine at this warp speed, what have I accomplished beside better cardio conditioning??

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 06:14:33 AM »
milos is into bdsm bodybuilding (sadobuilding).

minimal loading with 10 pound db...maximal pain. for nothing tho.

im sure milos could totally destroy me first couple of workouts doing such a routine...but id be able to follow him and hide after sometime..if i wanted to do such a workout but i would never wanna puke during a workout...its negative for building your body and just a macho thing.

better to do more normal sets with heavier weights (not powerlifting tho...) avoid failure and pump up the volume...(and the frequency of training)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 08:58:18 AM »
Well...anyone heard about ADVANCED training methods?
Or most of you would lift THE SAME for decades (which is sadly a case for many of you...)

Once you start THINKING maybe your training will (at least somewhat) improve...

Last sunday FLEX magazine actually came to my gym to take photos of my GIANT SET methods...
Hide, Luke and Silvio trained and Kevin Horton took photos of the ACTUAL TRAINING.

Kevin comes on getbig and maybe he can share some experiences (photos ::)) with all of you...
I believe we did use monster 10-lb dbells in ONE of the exercises - and none of the guys could actually complete 10 reps... 8)

How advance someone could be?
Well - how about thinking of impossible and than attempting to do exactly that!?!

This is exactly how I got SOME of my ideas.

finurface

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 09:00:12 AM »
you cant trick your body, but your body can trick you if you dont understand how it works.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:59:08 AM »
milos is into bdsm bodybuilding (sadobuilding).

minimal loading with 10 pound db...maximal pain. for nothing tho.

im sure milos could totally destroy me first couple of workouts doing such a routine...but id be able to follow him and hide after sometime..if i wanted to do such a workout but i would never wanna puke during a workout...its negative for building your body and just a macho thing.

better to do more normal sets with heavier weights (not powerlifting tho...) avoid failure and pump up the volume...(and the frequency of training)

Slaveboy - try few workouts and when you get ready to follow me and Hide - let me know.
I can organize possibly a little sponsorship from Fitshow or Bodybuilding.com to have you as a guest in my hardcore workout series...
So - start training...(not that you are out of shape or anything....)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
Slaveboy - try few workouts and when you get ready to follow me and Hide - let me know.
I can organize possibly a little sponsorship from Fitshow or Bodybuilding.com to have you as a guest in my hardcore workout series...
So - start training...(not that you are out of shape or anything....)

milos i actually do workout, and very hard but i have never puked and i hope i never will during working out. also i have  respect for you milos but i always been they kind of guy who can never shut up.

i probably wouldnt be able to lift the poundages as you could, but after some time i would get used to your workouts. mentally i know i could take the pain. im not afraid of pain, i just like doing workouts that are effective.

also i have trained crazy during periods with insane intensity but it didnt help more than "normal" training..it just burns you out. (in the long run)

but  PTs need to have something new to sell to their clients

instead of old 4 exercised 4 sets of each etc etc

thus all the crazy routines in magazines etc...(so called magic routines..there exist no magic routines its all about hard work)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 11:14:47 AM »
Well...anyone heard about ADVANCED training methods?
Or most of you would lift THE SAME for decades (which is sadly a case for many of you...)

Once you start THINKING maybe your training will (at least somewhat) improve...

Last sunday FLEX magazine actually came to my gym to take photos of my GIANT SET methods...
Hide, Luke and Silvio trained and Kevin Horton took photos of the ACTUAL TRAINING.

Kevin comes on getbig and maybe he can share some experiences (photos ::)) with all of you...
I believe we did use monster 10-lb dbells in ONE of the exercises - and none of the guys could actually complete 10 reps... 8)

How advance someone could be?
Well - how about thinking of impossible and than attempting to do exactly that!?!

This is exactly how I got SOME of my ideas.

Giant sets are nothing new and I've often used them with great success.  What you're not answering however, is the rationale for their effectiveness.  Are you basing all of this on personal experience? science? sudies?  Please elaborate...  
w

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 12:58:58 PM »
yes milos, like what mindspin said, all i am asking is, is there any proof that giant sets with ligther weights builds muscle? and is there really a need to ignore signs of fatigue and not take a rest till u puke.

your a pro, a world famous trainer, i am not here to put u down with childish remarks, its hard training i have no doubt, i am just wondering whats ur logic behind your training methods thats all