Author Topic: Mike Tyson vs Trevor Berbick - Nov 22 1986 -25th Anniversary  (Read 12381 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Mike Tyson vs Trevor Berbick - Nov 22 1986 -25th Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »
I sure do.......awesome time for boxing.
Watched all the Ali/Frazier/Foreman fights early '70's fights with my Da and all his lads. Class! 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
Watched all the Ali/Frazier/Foreman fights early '70's fights with my Da and all his lads. Class!  
Yup,saw them all too.

I was a huge boxing fan,but hardly watch it anymore.

Other greats from back then:

Alexis Arguello
Saiid Muhammed
Bob Foster
Vito Antoufermo (insane fights with Hagler)
Jorge` Paez
Michael Carbajal ("Little Hands Of Stone")
Vinny Paz
Hector Camacho

I`ve seen some good ones.....only wish I was at them in person.

Action Bronson

• Getbig II
  • I stay in the street like a hookers feet
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:05 PM »
mike tyson is fun to watch, but in bodybuilding terms you can call him all drugs, without drugs most likely he could never be a prime boxer, heavyweight class is out of the question, he is a small guy in reality. the modern boxing stance, the importance on punching power, the lack of defensive skills, these are all things brought about by the inclusion of drugs in boxing. it used to be a sport about not getting hit rather than hitting as hard as you can

Fu*k off he was a solid 180lbs before he started training. There's a picture of him as a child on a school bus and he dwarfs the other kids. Plenty of powerlifters and strongmen with all the power in the world it doesn't mean they know how to throw a punch. Watch the old footage of his training,  they made him a machine. Even in an interview on 60 minutes in prison he was solid. You retards really think all these guys in the can are on gear? Fu*king idiots. He had great defense head movement and speed. Fu*ck outta here with that shit. You clearly know nothing about him.
BRONSOLINIO

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
they get heroin and weed and everything else into prison, in fact they try very hard to get them into prison because in prison it sells for 5x as much as the street, but they can't get steroids into prison? even though they make u bigger tougher and more aggressive?

tyson was a small guy naturally, look at his neck, look at his shoulders, this is what steroids do to a body

tyson's style isn't really possible without drugs... the bones are not strong enough, tendons not thick enough, muscles don't squeeze fast enough

same thing with his opponent in his first fight out of jail, his aggression was all drugs, you that is also a consequence of steroids. people simply didnt fight like this an didnt look like this 60 years ago for a reason

Action Bronson

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 05:08:04 PM »
they get heroin and weed and everything else into prison, in fact they try very hard to get them into prison because in prison it sells for 5x as much as the street, but they can't get steroids into prison? even though they make u bigger tougher and more aggressive?

tyson was a small guy naturally, look at his neck, look at his shoulders, this is what steroids do to a body

tyson's style isn't really possible without drugs... the bones are not strong enough, tendons not thick enough, muscles don't squeeze fast enough

same thing with his opponent in his first fight out of jail, his aggression was all drugs, you that is also a consequence of steroids. people simply didnt fight like this an didnt look like this 60 years ago for a reason

That's because the majority of people locked up were junkies to begin with you moron. Don't talk like you know what goes on behind the walls , you don't know shit. Go ask any correctional officer in any prison about steroids and how much is attempted to smuggle in or confiscated. I know im not the only one here who's done state or fed time.  Steroids are a non-issue in the system. Bottom line...its prison, people wanna get high.
BRONSOLINIO

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2011, 05:14:07 PM »
on the one hand you say that so many steroids are confiscated on the other you say they are a non issue

get your story straight

so many are found because so many are brought in to be found, tyson was a steroid junkie, he found them and they found him in prison

Action Bronson

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 05:22:05 PM »
on the one hand you say that so many steroids are confiscated on the other you say they are a non issue

get your story straight

so many are found because so many are brought in to be found, tyson was a steroid junkie, he found them and they found him in prison

I thought I made my point clear...ask anyone who works in a state or fed facility. Steroids are a non-issue. Btw dear, someone who's a fighter doesn't need aggression from steroids they already are violent and aggressive they fu*king fight for a living that should tell you something. Oh and prisons are full of murdering psychos and violent predators they don't need steroids to make them more aggressive either.
BRONSOLINIO

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
listen to you talking, calling me dear lol, you said that many steroids are confiscated, then you said that steroids are not an issue

yeah, you made it clear, you made it clear that your brain sucks at working well

you don't have to be a violent person to be a boxer, I had at one time wanted to be a kickboxer, it's not about violence or being a psycho or whatever, but boxers didnt fight like fucking robots in cartoons before the age of steroids, they simply didn't

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2011, 02:00:04 AM »
I cant speak for the US prison system but here in the UK inside steroids are easier to get than on the outside!

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 02:45:43 AM »

Not true bud, take a look @ Tyson as a 13 YEAR OLD in the old clips doing speed drills in the Ring with Teddy atlas then with Kevin...his Neck and thickset physique was already Evident....AT 13....surely your not suggesting he was on the gear as a 13yr old? take another look @ his Reflex's, hand-speed, foot-speed, timing and power as that 13 year old were ALREADY EXTRA-ORDINARY at that age.....Bottom line IMO its Conceivable Mike MAY HAVE taken Steroids (1995-97 vintage when imo he started getting that "Ripped" look to his Physique see McNeely fight etc) in his Career....Thats possible, however if you really think the "Gear" was the factor that made Tyson the fighter he was in his Prime and Before......... :o :o :o :o......well everyone's entitled to their opinion i guess....

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »
This discussion is plain retarded. Action B., as well as the poster above me, know what the fuck they're talkin' about. Mike was a GENETIC MARVEL. Drugs ... and I repeat ... did not turn Mike into the fighter he became. He was bred for boxing. Plain and simple. Hope this helps.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 01:02:36 PM »
why do u scoff at the idea that tyson did steroids at 13, in high school I saw kids giving each other steroids, they were bball players, drugs to kids in the ghetto is nothing, they're all doign weed at 10 yo cocaine and 12-13, u think anadrol is gonna freak them out?

Salvatore Martinez

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
This discussion is plain retarded. Action B., as well as the poster above me, know what the fuck they're talkin' about. Mike was a GENETIC MARVEL. Drugs ... and I repeat ... did not turn Mike into the fighter he became. He was bred for boxing. Plain and simple. Hope this helps.

i agree, whether or not he "dabbled" we'll never know but NO ONE can deny the guys genetics, the guy had the handspeed and head movement of a middleweight at 225 pounds, plus knockout power with either hand.

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 09:54:01 PM »

Are you guys blind? This pic already screams juice usage...find me a natty boxer @ 20 years old who looked anywhere like that before the steroids era (70s and on) lol you won't.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »
Wonder how all you cage warriors would have done against this guy

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »
why do u scoff at the idea that tyson did steroids at 13, in high school I saw kids giving each other steroids, they were bball players, drugs to kids in the ghetto is nothing, they're all doign weed at 10 yo cocaine and 12-13, u think anadrol is gonna freak them out?

your a moron............. you must be a gimmick to come out with this shit

mike was a huge kid, hands like shovels , size 14 shoes, ...... at under 6ft,,,,i suppose he used ghoner to get his feet, hands etc so big

he had that big neck, untrained.....later he had the chest,bi's n delts as a 14yr old with some boxing training and a bit weights

he was a fucking animal, pure fighting genes

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 08:16:28 AM »
as for spending money on steroids, he was stealing to feed and clothe him self... he hadnt trained a day in his life before he went to bad kids prison

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »
Fight looks fixed? the other guy just walks straight forward and doesn't do anything.. no jabs no nothing King probably paid him. Didnt everyone already knew you cant stand still with tyson?

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 08:20:09 AM »
Local Hero. Another man who knows what he's talkin' about. Good posts. :-)

To answer your question, Dar. Av., none of us would of lasted 3 sec. in the ring with Mike. Not yesterday and not today. Fact.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
if you guys dont look at tyson and see DRUGS, if you guys see his agression and dont see DRUGS, i don't know what to tell you, wtf hav u been reading on this forum

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
if you guys dont look at tyson and see DRUGS, if you guys see his agression and dont see DRUGS, i don't know what to tell you, wtf hav u been reading on this forum

i see a very emotionally unstable young man, with a very bad upbringing with alot of issues.... plenty of them walking the streets right now, they must all scream drugs too

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2011, 09:07:22 AM »
lol, why u telling me his fucking shoe size, u obviously love tyson, i liek tyson too but not enough to blind me

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 09:25:05 AM »
lol, why u telling me his fucking shoe size, u obviously love tyson, i liek tyson too but not enough to blind me

you are blind tho, if you cant see he was a freak from a young age, he was almost fully grown at 13

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »

you are blind tho, if you cant see he was a freak from a young age, he was almost fully grown at 13

aas closes growth plates dummy