Author Topic: Dorian yates HIT?  (Read 35676 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Dorian yates HIT?
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
Is this what he means by HIt? (im using one exercise below as an example)

bB Barbell curls?...
1. Warm up with 50lb, 15 reps
2. Warm up with 60lb , 12 reps
3. Working set 65 or 70lb, time under tension, slow controlled negative reps till cant move it anymore

Sure i could do a set with 100lb instead of 65, but thats too heavy for TUT with static holds etc.

Then on to another bicep movement ?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Dorian yates HIT?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »
Basically he did 2-4 warm ups and one work set?so he really did 4-5 sets per exercise but didnt count the other sets as anything more than a warm up so he was full of shit about that.same as most people just didnt count the first sets.I dont have warm up sets i just go to failure on all sets and therefore count them all.Sobyes the way you have it is correct.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
I am not sure that biceps are a good measure of Dorian's progress.

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Is this what he means by HIt? (im using one exercise below as an example)

bB Barbell curls?...
1. Warm up with 50lb, 15 reps
2. Warm up with 60lb , 12 reps
3. Working set 65 or 70lb, time under tension, slow controlled negative reps till cant move it anymore

Sure i could do a set with 100lb instead of 65, but thats too heavy for TUT with static holds etc.

Then on to another bicep movement ?

Doesnt matter what you do or how hard you train, its drugs and genetics
Go and watch Phil Heath train.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 02:17:07 PM »
Just work hard. That's Dorians heritage.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »
Dorian was right because you get the same results if not better doing one warm up set then one balls to the wall, all out set to total failure. The key is knowing what represents true failure and staying in that torturous zone until either a negative or a postive is totally impossible. I recommend training this way every so often to vary things up abit and keep it fresh but I prefer lighter sets and higher reps chasing for a great pump because frankly it's not as hard!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
Dorian was right because you get the same results if not better doing one warm up set then one balls to the wall, all out set to total failure. The key is knowing what represents true failure and staying in that torturous zone until either a negative or a postive is totally impossible. I recommend training this way every so often to vary things up abit and keep it fresh but I prefer lighter sets and higher reps chasing for a great pump because frankly it's not as hard!

But he didnt do one warm up set, then one set to failure. He did multiple "warm up" sets, then did one to total failure. In essence, he did the standard 3-4 sets for one exercise, just like we all do. He just couched it under some special workout routine.
X

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 02:46:22 PM »
But he didnt do one warm up set, then one set to failure. He did multiple "warm up" sets, then did one to total failure. In essence, he did the standard 3-4 sets for one exercise, just like we all do. He just couched it under some special workout routine.

not really.
Ideally, the warm up sets are done low rep, they don't count, not even close.

Here is how you warm up for hit. Say you can bench press 100lbs for one rep.
first set is 5 reps with 50lbs
then 4 reps with 60
3 reps with 70
2 with 80
1 with 90

This is simply to tell you how you're feeling on that given day, if the last warm up set feels good, you're ready to go all out. It not, gotta figure out why....
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 03:03:37 PM »
not really.

then 4 reps with 60
3 reps with 70
2 with 80
1 with 90

This is simply to tell you how you're feeling on that given day, if the last warm up set feels good, you're ready to go all out. It not, gotta figure out why....

Sorry, thats 4 sets. Anyone can just say, "well, lets not count those sets." What determines whats a set? Amount of weight? Amount of reps? Or because Dorian says so?

Dorian was doing what most other people do. Not much different. All the same bullshit just presented differently.
X

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
This is the Mike Mentzer critics all over again......know your history before posting.  ::)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
not really.

then 4 reps with 60
3 reps with 70
2 with 80
1 with 90

That doesnt sound snything like dorians hit program. I never saw low reps like that

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
That doesnt sound snything like dorians hit program. I never saw low reps like that

Never mind Dorian's hit stuff....

Do the warm ups as i said, benefit from better trainings, period.

3 movements, 2 work sets each.

Rest long to handle max weights, if you get 8 on the first set, you should not be able to get more than 6 on the next.

This philosophy has done me very well.
?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 06:23:39 PM »
He did non taxing warm up sets for major exercises. For minor he either did one or none. I just can comprehend how volume trainers don't understand the meaning of one set to failure. Yates might do incline sets like this. First warm up 135 for 8. Second warm up 225lbs for 6. Third warm up 315 for 4 reps. His work set to failure is 415lbs for 7 reps.  Does anyone expect he should load the bar for one set with 415lb without a warm up? 

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »
I trained this way for years and only changed with injury problems... Its the mind set that the volume guys don't understand, and those who claim to train to failure and do 20 or 30 sets are deluded

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
I trained this way for years and only changed with injury problems... Its the mind set that the volume guys don't understand, and those who claim to train to failure and do 20 or 30 sets are deluded

Exactly. The volume guys are pacing themselves much more than they think. You can't go all out and do that kind of volume.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »

those are the dudes who jerk the weights, super fast tempo, very fast TUT, so yeah, of course they gotta do all those "sets", lol....
?

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:14 AM »
trained arms yesterday
3 sets seated dumbell curls 15k
5 sets machine preachers 15/20k
4 sets rope tricep ext 60k
3 sets 1 arm extensions 25k
3 sest single arm cable curls 20k

Done.

No throwing weights around all strict constant tension form

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 04:46:48 AM »
Anything less than Failure especially at a lower weight is a warm up. It does nothing.

People saying Dorian did 5 sets because some were warm ups have no idea. On top of that he only did those warm ups on the first exercise, every other one after he did one main set.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 07:57:07 AM »
trained arms yesterday
3 sets seated dumbell curls 15k
5 sets machine preachers 15/20k
4 sets rope tricep ext 60k
3 sets 1 arm extensions 25k
3 sest single arm cable curls 20k

Done.

No throwing weights around all strict constant tension form

Posing between sets?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 08:00:37 AM »
Anything less than Failure especially at a lower weight is a warm up. It does nothing.

People saying Dorian did 5 sets because some were warm ups have no idea. On top of that he only did those warm ups on the first exercise, every other one after he did one main set.

But going by that logic, then everyone uses the same principles as Dorian. Most people start off with lower weight and work their way up. Yet, Dorian was spouting this as if it was some special way of training. Its no different than the way most people train. Call it 5 sets call it 1 set, its the way most people train.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 08:01:05 AM »

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 09:52:24 AM »
HIT and their proponent (Arthur Jones,Mike Mentzer,Dorian Yates...) are the biggest fraud in bodybuilding history !!!
HIT is even worst than scam supplement and Jones,Mentzer and Dorian are even worst than snakeoil salesman !!!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:07 AM »
HIT and their proponent (Arthur Jones,Mike Mentzer,Dorian Yates...) are the biggest fraud in bodybuilding history !!!
HIT is even worst than scam supplement and Jones,Mentzer and Dorian are even worst than snakeoil salesman !!!

MASSIVE Troll job, whatever man...
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 09:58:44 AM »
MASSIVE Troll job, whatever man...

Ritch, calm down, broskie. Get yourself a protein shake and take a nap.  :D
X

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »

The Colorado experiment was basically a fraud. All Casey Viator did was regain the muscle he had lost. Muscle memory. Arthur Jones gained very little in comparison during the same experiment. Casey's numbers are always the ones mentioned though.
S