Author Topic: I bet half of you didn't even lift today  (Read 1449570 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: I bet half of you didn't even lift today
« Reply #3200 on: November 10, 2021, 10:36:00 AM »
Your post is motivational. Good work. An amazingly fast comeback. Anyone making excuses (guess who?) for why they can't do one thing or another is a dunce and a liar. Love the part about your belly hitting the floor first.

I am intrigued by the idea that if I were to cut out junk food, I could lose 6"off my waist. I only need to lose 4" tops, otherwise my pants would fall off and we don't want that to happen. Goodbye chocolate covered pistachios and the occasional box of Good & Plenty, and no more Rancho La Gloria Margarita agave wine cocktails. These go down as easy as lemonade only it contains 13.9%% alcohol.

Eat just  steak, eggs, and veggies for 6 weeks.

Delicious, and you'll lose the weight.
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3201 on: November 10, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »
Your post is motivational. Good work. An amazingly fast comeback. Anyone making excuses (guess who?) for why they can't do one thing or another is a dunce and a liar. Love the part about your belly hitting the floor first.

I am intrigued by the idea that if I were to cut out junk food, I could lose 6"off my waist. I only need to lose 4" tops, otherwise my pants would fall off and we don't want that to happen. Goodbye chocolate covered pistachios and the occasional box of Good & Plenty, and no more Rancho La Gloria Margarita agave wine cocktails. These go down as easy as lemonade only it contains 13.9%% alcohol.
Go for it Jay....I swear once you opt for healthier snacks,you`ll lose fat like crazy............all that shit is useles empty caloties for the most part.

I cut out bread,mayo,butter/mragarine,and all sweets,chips,cookie,etc. etc.

Now that I`ve lost some fat I treat myself here and therei n moderation of course.

Portion control is also a huge key.

Get busy,the time is NOW !!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3202 on: November 10, 2021, 10:42:21 AM »
The easiest way for most people to lose weight I think is to modify what you're drinking.  Most people drink a ton of calories of shit like juice, soda, booze of course, etc.  You can lose a lot of weight by switching all that to water (and black coffee if you need that) and don't even have to change what you "eat" (solid food).

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3203 on: November 10, 2021, 10:44:38 AM »
Eat just  steak, eggs, and veggies for 6 weeks.

Delicious, and you'll lose the weight.
Not that Prime is fat buy I always tell fatties....chicken,salad,water........4 X a day in moderate sized portions......it works..

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #3204 on: November 10, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »
First day back was Monday after two weeks off due to Covid. Back Monday, slightly nauseous, winded throughout my workout, dizzy and my heart rate was up 10 clicks on the treadmill. I’d say I was hit hard by Covid but on the plus side with natural immunity I have a less than 1% chance of being reinfected. Just waiting for the vaxxers to start dropping.
T

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #3205 on: November 10, 2021, 10:58:36 AM »
Not that Prime is fat buy I always tell fatties....chicken,salad,water........4 X a day in moderate sized portions......it works..

bah, midget baldy  >:(
"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3206 on: November 10, 2021, 11:00:27 AM »

Same concept as mine, but mine has a bit more fat, and tastes better.  ;D
Y

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #3207 on: November 10, 2021, 11:05:57 AM »
Filling up with gas this attractive gal filling up next to me she has a brand new Mercedes. I say "nice car". She says "thanks, no kids". Im like omg Im in love,...we chat she goes on to say how shes selfish and wants to live life her way, etc etc. Sadly by the time I dropped to one knee to propose she was gone.  Ah No Kids Mercedes gal, you were but a brief glimmer of a wonderful dream,............bleh kids
"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3208 on: November 10, 2021, 11:10:22 AM »
Filling up with gas this attractive gal filling up next to me she has a brand new Mercedes. I say "nice car". She says "thanks, no kids". Im like omg Im in love,...we chat she goes on to say how shes selfish and wants to live life her way, etc etc. Sadly by the time I dropped to one knee to propose she was gone.  Ah No Kids Mercedes gal, you were but a brief glimmer of a wonderful dream,............bleh kids

Bro - remember Gloria Trillo from the Sopranos?  Be careful!  ha ha ha !!! 

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #3209 on: November 10, 2021, 11:11:50 AM »
Can you imagine baldy trying to clean 225?

He absolutely could today.

Just needs 9 months to order weight lifting shoes, a properly sized belt and the perfect chalk. Also needs 3 months of grip training due to an injury that occurred while snow boarding in Switzerland back in 1994 while he was preparing for the Winter Olympics. They didn't have snow boarding back then, but he was so good they were going to let him compete just for ratings. hanky single handedly could have saved ABC from their budget shortfall in 1995, had he not suffered a terrible accident while cutting peaches for his famous anabolic cobbler.

Once he has all these things, he will post a video of what he can absolutely lift, today.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3210 on: November 10, 2021, 11:13:47 AM »

Just needs 9 months to order weight lifting shoes, a properly sized belt and the perfect chalk. Also needs 3 months of grip training due to an injury that occurred while snow boarding in Switzerland back in 1994 while he was preparing for the Winter Olympics. They didn't have snow boarding back then, but he was so good they were going to let him compete just for ratings. hanky single handedly could have saved ABC from their budget shortfall in 1995, had he not suffered a terrible accident while cutting peaches for his famous anabolic cobbler.

Once he has all these things, he will post a video of what he can absolutely lift, today.
:D ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3211 on: November 10, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »

:D

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #3212 on: November 10, 2021, 11:17:00 AM »

hahahaaha well done
"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3213 on: November 10, 2021, 11:17:06 AM »
First day back was Monday after two weeks off due to Covid. Back Monday, slightly nauseous, winded throughout my workout, dizzy and my heart rate was up 10 clicks on the treadmill. I’d say I was hit hard by Covid but on the plus side with natural immunity I have a less than 1% chance of being reinfected. Just waiting for the vaxxers to start dropping.
Glad you`e OK bud.....take it slow at first....not that you didn`t know that of course

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #3214 on: November 10, 2021, 11:19:30 AM »
Glad you`e OK bud.....take it slow at first....not that you didn`t know that of course
👍
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3215 on: November 10, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
Same concept as mine, but mine has a bit more fat, and tastes better.  ;D
I`m more hardcore than you I eat for nutrition not for taste......unless of course cobbler is on the menu.  LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3216 on: November 10, 2021, 11:22:15 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3217 on: November 10, 2021, 11:25:05 AM »

Brutal if true.......you funny fucker.   LOL  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3218 on: November 10, 2021, 11:53:26 AM »
Go for it Jay....I swear once you opt for healthier snacks,you`ll lose fat like crazy............all that shit is useles empty caloties for the most part.

I cut out bread,mayo,butter/mragarine,and all sweets,chips,cookie,etc. etc.

Now that I`ve lost some fat I treat myself here and therei n moderation of course.

Portion control is also a huge key.

Get busy,the time is NOW !!

Thanks. Portion control has never been a problem. I am a light eater. All the foods you mentioned cutting out, I currently eat, but not in great quantity. Almost never eat cookies or chips. Bread and butter on the other hand, I have more days than not. I know how to eat to lose weight and you are right, portion control is a big part of success. When I previously lost 20 lbs. I ate anything I wanted, just less of it.

To be honest, my current issue with an expanding waistline has more to do with lack of aerobic exercise than what I eat. So, having said that. I will take a long walk today and make it a new daily routine. Hopefully, that will be as good as a 30 minutes on the treadmill at the gym which I have been avoiding due to COVID.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #3219 on: November 10, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »
Hey Bhanks...you can talk all you want about we can't grow with the training I do....please dispute this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4523889/

Here is the biggest part for you to dispute:

This review provides considerable evidence to support that aerobic exercise training can produce skeletal muscle hypertrophy.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11880817/

Findings indicate 3-d x wk(-1) concurrent performance of both strength and endurance training does not impair adaptations in strength, muscle hypertrophy, and neural activation induced by strength training alone. Results provide a physiological basis to support several performance studies that consistently indicate 3-d x wk(-1) concurrent training does not impair strength development over the short term

Fro

"Influence of Aerobic Exercise Training on Whole Muscle Size in Sedentary, Healthy Adults" They did the study on sedentary adults obviously if you do nothing some so called aerobic exercise will build muscle that doesn't mean it will for a 200lb weightlifter walking from the couch to the fridge will build muscle if you have none to start and that is all you do

Also at a certain point you only have so much energy to go around. You are just burning calories that can be used to repair and grow

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3220 on: November 10, 2021, 12:20:07 PM »

"Influence of Aerobic Exercise Training on Whole Muscle Size in Sedentary, Healthy Adults" They did the study on sedentary adults obviously if you do nothing some so called aerobic exercise will build muscle that doesn't mean it will for a 200lb weightlifter walking from the couch to the fridge will build muscle if you have none to start and that is all you do

Also at a certain point you only have so much energy to go around. You are just burning calories that can be used to repair and grow

Who did this study on sedentary adults and where can I get access it?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3221 on: November 10, 2021, 12:24:04 PM »
Who did this study on sedentary adults and where can I get access it?

It is the study kraken shared from the first chart they did the study on sedentary adults. If you are sedentary doing anything will build muscle that doesn't translate to a trained 200lb athlete

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4523889/

Both studies are on sedantary adults

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11880817/

Thirty sedentary healthy male subjects were randomly assigned to one of three training groups that performed

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #3222 on: November 10, 2021, 12:43:03 PM »
You are just burning calories that can be used to repair and grow

;D

I just can't anymore.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3223 on: November 10, 2021, 12:45:36 PM »

Have you ever heard of metabolic conditioning? 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3224 on: November 10, 2021, 12:52:54 PM »
Have you ever heard of metabolic conditioning?

Again crossfit nonsense if you are lifting weights you will be lean you don't need to also run around with a ruck sack you are just going to be 20lbs lighter from that training you say you are at your genetic limit and cant grow anymore. You say you were fat strong in your 30s well you will get leaner just from more years of lifting you don't need to also push sleds do burpees and run stadium stairs you are not a mule cut that shit and you will grow