Author Topic: White men going extinct on college campuses  (Read 2857 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: White men going extinct on college campuses
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »
Great post, Hypertrophy. I will encourage my son to go into the trades. He’s only five now, but I’m keeping myself informed on the world that he will live in.

Thanks BBB. Make sure you start your kids, boy or girl, on learning skills when they are young. I taught my son and daughter basic carpentry and electronics when they were under 10 years old. Nothing dangerous- just things like how to measure wood, how to hammer a nail, how batteries and lights work, etc. They have thanked me many times over since then.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2021, 02:28:17 PM »
From my understanding, you don’t need a degree to go into politics. You just have to be a lowlife.

THIS^ If you run for office you are either a true dirtbag or so clean you haven't lived a real life at all. No sane person wants to be dragged through the slime, or have that happen to their families.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2021, 03:08:59 PM »
As usual, white men are being smarter than all the rest. A 4 year college degree in many fields is absolutely useless these days. In fact the time it takes to get a BS degree is up to 6 years now- further stretching this period of prolonged adolescence. https://business.time.com/2013/01/10/the-myth-of-the-4-year-college-degree/

So instead of paying $20K or more a year for 4-6 years, white guys are going for the skilled trades or 2 year tech schools. They will be making more money sooner and not be straddled with huge college debt. A smart move.

And for the record, most women college graduates are dumber than a box of rocks.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2021, 03:27:26 PM »

Thanks BBB. Make sure you start your kids, boy or girl, on learning skills when they are young. I taught my son and daughter basic carpentry and electronics when they were under 10 years old. Nothing dangerous- just things like how to measure wood, how to hammer a nail, how batteries and lights work, etc. They have thanked me many times over since then.

Back in the day I worked in real estate management for a while. During that time, I took a one year program in industrial training: Plumbing, electrical and carpentry. Those skills have had more practical value to me, particularly plumbing, than anything I learned in college which I could’ve gotten just from books without going to class.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2021, 06:07:51 PM »
This is definitely a problem. With recent technology advances, the price of colleges should’ve fallen through the floor but it didn’t happen because the industry is so heavily intervened by the government. Same deal with healthcare.

I don’t even get aggravated at this shit anymore. I’ve accepted that the country is in a state of decline and it’s going to have to collapse completely for things to truly change. The biggest government in the history of the world isn’t  going to downsize itself.

Education is our largest export here.

The ass has fallen out with Covid along with the money rich Chinese students dump into our economy.

Universities have already sent out pre-approved admissions to students in private schools before they have even sat any tests.

Education is moving online at a faster rate due to Covid. Perhaps the top American universities will survive due to rich entitlement but others will be punished as they go broke and need to move online.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2021, 06:09:06 PM »
Just to add China already started to combat the cost of education to try and prevent it going the way of the US. Funny how China does the opposite of the rest of us and thrives meanwhile we are all in pain town yet calling China Evil.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2021, 06:18:57 PM »
I pay my welder $50 per hour. No shit.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2021, 06:42:11 PM »
Good! Who needs college??!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »
I pay my welder $50 per hour. No shit.
I pay my barber 20 dollars for 20 minutes of work

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2021, 06:45:59 PM »
Just to add China already started to combat the cost of education to try and prevent it going the way of the US. Funny how China does the opposite of the rest of us and thrives meanwhile we are all in pain town yet calling China Evil.

After visiting China many times on business, the thought that they are an "advanced" society makes me laugh. Most of China is a shithole. Even Shanghai, that mass of super skyscrapers and money, falls to pieces no more than 5 miles from the city center. Beijing is not much different. It was modernized for the Olympics yet outside of the urban renewal it is a run down city.

If you go out in the countryside you find squalor, massive pollution, and people living hand to mouth.

On the other hand, I have traveled in Malaysia extensively and find it very neat, very clean, and very civilized. Why hasn't Chinas done the same? Oh yeah, Communism.

I'll take the USA any day of the week. Yes we have problems, as does any country in the world. But it's far superior to anywhere else I have visited, for its size. When people compare, say, Switzerland to the USA, they forget that you could almost fit 3 Switzerlands in the area the size of Pennsylvania.

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2021, 07:44:55 PM »
I started to laugh.  Then I just got disturbed at the truth in it.

Good post. Literal lulz.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2021, 07:50:38 PM »
Somebody has to run the world while everybody else is woke and busy virtue signalling.  ::)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2021, 07:54:43 PM »
what happend to leaving school at 16 and getting a fucking job to help your parents pay the fucking bills

Entitled privelidged brats.

Says the guy with a part time job being supported by his wife.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2021, 11:29:37 PM »

After visiting China many times on business, the thought that they are an "advanced" society makes me laugh. Most of China is a shithole. Even Shanghai, that mass of super skyscrapers and money, falls to pieces no more than 5 miles from the city center. Beijing is not much different. It was modernized for the Olympics yet outside of the urban renewal it is a run down city.

If you go out in the countryside you find squalor, massive pollution, and people living hand to mouth.

On the other hand, I have traveled in Malaysia extensively and find it very neat, very clean, and very civilized. Why hasn't Chinas done the same? Oh yeah, Communism.

I'll take the USA any day of the week. Yes we have problems, as does any country in the world. But it's far superior to anywhere else I have visited, for its size. When people compare, say, Switzerland to the USA, they forget that you could almost fit 3 Switzerlands in the area the size of Pennsylvania.

1.4B people were in a shithole pre 2000 but they’ve pulled hundreds of millions out of poverty.

From 2000 the US added 11T to their GDP

From 2000 China added 13T to their GDP

Between the GFC and now, China went on a buying spree around the globe. Buying businesses and resources. They focused on building infrastructure, transport, power in order to grow.

The US has spent this time pumping trillions into the finance sector to keep the rich getting richer.

The western world took its eye off infrastructure and this is our downfall. If the world goes bankrupt, guess who will have all the factories and best infrastructure?

I think they have done a lot more than people give them credit for.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2021, 04:50:50 AM »
The progress that China has made as a result of capitulating to capitalism is undeniable,  but the USA still has a 50% greater GDP with a quarter of the population. China’s GDP per capita is still only 10K a year and it seems as though growth has stopped.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 04:56:50 AM »
If you college diploma doesn't have your job printed on it then you wasted your time. Unfortunately in many businesses they won't hire you without the new "high school" diploma because they value their own worthless degree. Saw on a  requirement for a job saying you needed a four year degree in any major. WTF?  When everyone has a degree then no one has a degree.

People in the trades do really well. When I was going to a commercial gym I talked to a retired plumber who said he turned down work because he had so much to do. He said he made it point to end his day at lunch time.   

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 05:35:38 AM »
Says the guy with a part time job being supported by his wife.
I have a full time job and my wife has retired..

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2021, 07:06:23 AM »
Very interesting , Chinese are savages

A

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2021, 07:14:17 AM »

The guys from ADVChina agree with you and they both lived in China for about a decade.  Start at 3:00.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2021, 07:57:42 AM »

The guys from ADVChina agree with you and they both lived in China for about a decade.  Start at 3:00.

They took about 15 minutes to explain the exact content of Hypertrophy’s post which I read in about a minute.

The subject does remind me of a podcast I listened to a little while ago in which the guest was comparing the homeless problem in New York City to San Francisco and he said the latter was 100 times worse.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2021, 08:30:31 AM »
It doesn't matter because soon artificial intelligence is going to take all of our jobs before killing us all Skynet style.  Even Elon Mush knows this to be true.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2021, 08:47:10 AM »
They took about 15 minutes to explain the exact content of Hypertrophy’s post which I read in about a minute.

The subject does remind me of a podcast I listened to a little while ago in which the guest was comparing the homeless problem in New York City to San Francisco and he said the latter was 100 times worse.

Agreed.  Not their best video, but they are by far the best Youtubers on China.  Some of their videos have really brought to light the reality of China for me.  The did a whole series of videos on the abandoned buildings and the poor construction quality of China.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2021, 10:43:06 AM »
If you college diploma doesn't have your job printed on it then you wasted your time. Unfortunately in many businesses they won't hire you without the new "high school" diploma because they value their own worthless degree. Saw on a  requirement for a job saying you needed a four year degree in any major. WTF?  When everyone has a degree then no one has a degree.

People in the trades do really well. When I was going to a commercial gym I talked to a retired plumber who said he turned down work because he had so much to do. He said he made it point to end his day at lunch time.

i made more money working on pools and hot tubs for rich people than I ever did personal training - have a degree and a CSCS cert

i wasnt even a certified pool operator - or had any cert. - no one wanted that job so I took it during Korvid - paid off most of my debt and was able to move

right by the beach, no bitch ass coworkers, no boss (was on an island), podcasts - slide down the back of a dinosaur at 3pm and go workout

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2021, 11:10:02 AM »

I've worked for companies that only promoted those with degrees.  Some of the best people just left because they couldn't move up and now that company has a "Peter Principle" problem.

Right now it's probably best to be a 1099'er if you have any kind of skill at all.  In the future they will probably require anyone who is a private contractor to get licensed with a degree being a requirement for that.  They have to keep these colleges in business.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2021, 11:12:41 AM »

Good post!