Author Topic: Is Ozempic getting people off psych meds?  (Read 3582 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Is Ozempic getting people off psych meds?
« on: August 19, 2023, 08:55:06 AM »
I’m read that psych meds were contraindicated with Ozempic and the like. I think there’s a huge amount of overprescrition if psych meds so see this as an added benefit to society in addition to the weight loss. Anyone have any anecdotal info?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Is Ozempic getting people off psych meds?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 08:57:54 AM »
Other than food they’re studying it for booze and shopping addiction. I’m not sure what your stomach has to do with that, but I think it also works on some sort of crave center in your brain.

WrongAdvices

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 11:16:45 AM »
Other than food they’re studying it for booze and shopping addiction. I’m not sure what your stomach has to do with that, but I think it also works on some sort of crave center in your brain.

If the end result is 5 or 10 years for now having many fewer fat people AND fewer people on psych meds that's great!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 12:17:26 PM »
I’m read that psych meds were contraindicated with Ozempic and the like. I think there’s a huge amount of overprescrition if psych meds so see this as an added benefit to society in addition to the weight loss. Anyone have any anecdotal info?

I think the country in general is waaay over medicated especially with the psych meds

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2023, 12:22:46 PM »
Way too many women in South FL are reliant on it. Most of them aren’t even considered obese. There will be bad news coming out about this drug. Just give it time.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2023, 12:30:48 PM »
My friend ballooned up to 338-lb during the fake pandemic, at 6'1".

He is on Ozempic now, and recently got to 301.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2023, 01:49:19 PM »
My friend ballooned up to 338-lb during the fake pandemic, at 6'1".

He is on Ozempic now, and recently got to 301.

tell him to keep his old clothes, he will be back in them once he comes off the meds.,

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2023, 02:08:34 PM »
Looking forward to the side effect fallout for these fat fucks!
T

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2023, 02:14:46 PM »
Looking forward to the side effect fallout for these fat fucks!

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2023, 02:26:38 PM »
It's paralyzing people's stomachs, there's been crazy side effects stories out there.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2023, 02:28:13 PM »
It's paralyzing people's stomachs, there's been crazy side effects stories out there.
Happy to hear that. There are No shortcuts in life and the fatties are the worst offenders. Fatties Lack of Willpower disgusts me!
T

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2023, 02:32:28 PM »
Happy to hear that. There are No shortcuts in life and the fatties are the worst offenders. Fatties Lack of Willpower disgusts me!
Exactly, you got competitors now using this shit as well, it's a joke man, pure fuckery and lack of will power sickens me.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2023, 02:35:15 PM »
That stuff makes your butthole hot

Bench

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2023, 02:38:41 PM »

This!

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2023, 02:47:17 PM »
That stuff makes your butthole hot

Bench
hankins incoming,,,,,,

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2023, 02:47:24 PM »

I think most likely it can and is doing so. I'll go a step further than simply suggest anecdotal information and instead suggest proven medical literature as to a reason why Ozempic is likely getting people to want to come off the psychiatric medications.

How does Ozempic work? Ozempic is a GLP-1 receptor agonist. GLP-1 receptors are essentially gatekeepers that activate numerous types of cells in the body and allow them to display their various inherent functions. Think of receptors much like antennas to old TV or cell phones, if a signal hits that antenna, the image on your TV or quality of your phone call improves. In other words, the right messenger binding with that receptor (i.e. antenna) causes the quality of the cell (TV or phone) to truly shine.

Ozempic activates the GLP-1 receptors that exists throughout the BRAIN and also within the PANCREAS. For weight loss purposes, Ozempic activates GLP-1 receptors in beta cells of the pancreas and this in turn causes insulin secretion, which then leads to delayed emptying of food content in your stomach (makes you feel full for longer) and produces weight loss through reduction of hunger and consequent food intake. In the brain, Ozempic activates GLP-1 receptors which results in the release of several neurotransmitters including serotonin, dopamine, GABA, and glutamate, which may regulate depressive-like behaviors.

That which I mentioned above is the mechanism as to why Ozempic can possibly lead to reduced use of psychiatric medications.

For instance, SSRIs (Prozac/Fluoxetine, Sertraline/Zoloft, Fluvoxamine/Luvox, Escitalopram/Lexapro, Citalopram/Celexa, Paroxetine/Paxil) cause your brain to have more Serotonin available, which is a chemical that regulates mood, anxiety, sadness, happiness, impulsivity and even sleep. Ozempic can possibly (postulating here) reduce the need to take an SSRI. You can also add the same postulation to SNRIs (Venlafaxine/Effexor, Duloxetine/Cymbalta, Desvenlafaxine/Pristiq etc) as these medications increase Serotonin and Noradrenaline. Wellbutrin/Bupropion increases Noradrenaline and Dopamine, well Ozempic might help patients that take that medication as it also promotes Dopamine release. Take a Benzodiazepine for anxiety or panic attacks? Well, Ozempic promotes the release of GABA which activates GABA receptors and that in essence is what Benzodiazepines do as they allow GABA to bind more easily to the GABA receptors.

Moreover, since the stuff makes you lose weight, you start to feel better by default, as when we look better we naturally feel better. Last thing, I am not trying to sell anyone on the drug. I don't use it, nor do I know anyone that does. I have read up on the mechanism of action particularly with respect to receptors throughout the brain. Do your own research.

For the direct medical literature behind much of this, feel free to check out the following: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7456867/#:~:text=These%20studies%20indicate%20that%20GLP,may%20regulate%20depressive%2Dlike%20behaviors.

Sorry for the long post, but things like this interest me during the weekend.

"1"

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2023, 02:52:25 PM »

I think most likely it can and is doing so. I'll go a step further than simply suggest anecdotal information and instead suggest proven medical literature as to a reason why Ozempic is likely getting people to want to come off the psychiatric medications.

How does Ozempic work? Ozempic is a GLP-1 receptor agonist. GLP-1 receptors are essentially gatekeepers that activate numerous types of cells in the body and allow them to display their various inherent functions. Think of receptors much like antennas to old TV or cell phones, if a signal hits that antenna, the image on your TV or quality of your phone call improves. In other words, the right messenger binding with that receptor (i.e. antenna) causes the quality of the cell (TV or phone) to truly shine.

Ozempic activates the GLP-1 receptors that exists throughout the BRAIN and also within the PANCREAS. For weight loss purposes, Ozempic activates GLP-1 receptors in beta cells of the pancreas and this in turn causes insulin secretion, which then leads to delayed emptying of food content in your stomach (makes you feel full for longer) and produces weight loss through reduction of hunger and consequent food intake. In the brain, Ozempic activates GLP-1 receptors which results in the release of several neurotransmitters including serotonin, dopamine, GABA, and glutamate, which may regulate depressive-like behaviors.

That which I mentioned above is the mechanism as to why Ozempic can possibly lead to reduced use of psychiatric medications.

For instance, SSRIs (Prozac/Fluoxetine, Sertraline/Zoloft, Fluvoxamine/Luvox, Escitalopram/Lexapro, Citalopram/Celexa, Paroxetine/Paxil) cause your brain to have more Serotonin available, which is a chemical that regulates mood, anxiety, sadness, happiness, impulsivity and even sleep. Ozempic can possibly (postulating here) reduce the need to take an SSRI. You can also add the same postulation to SNRIs (Venlafaxine/Effexor, Duloxetine/Cymbalta, Desvenlafaxine/Pristiq etc) as these medications increase Serotonin and Noradrenaline. Wellbutrin/Bupropion increases Noradrenaline and Dopamine, well Ozempic might help patients that take that medication as it also promotes Dopamine release. Take a Benzodiazepine? Well, Ozempic promotes the release of GABA which activates GABA receptors and that in essence is what Benzodiazepines do as they allow GABA to bind more easily to the GABA receptors.

For the direct medical literature behind much of this, feel free to check out the following: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7456867/#:~:text=These%20studies%20indicate%20that%20GLP,may%20regulate%20depressive%2Dlike%20behaviors.

Sorry for the long post, but these types of things interest me during the weekend.

"1"

There is no one else here to help me understand this post so I will truthfully say, I was lost at "I think".  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2023, 02:54:37 PM »
There is no one else here to help me understand this post so I will truthfully say, I was lost at "I think".  ;D

When I go play chess at a local park and start talking to people about the medications they take, they look as me as if I just discovered fire.

"1"

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2023, 02:57:05 PM »
A friend of mine recently got married to his longtime girlfriend (eloped in Vegas Hanky style). She’s made the best transformation on ozempic that I’ve seen so far. Once she stops, will she go bananas?

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2023, 02:57:56 PM »
A friend of mine recently got married to his longtime girlfriend. She’s made the best transformation on ozempic that I’ve seen so far. Once she stops, will she go bananas?
A drug will not change eating habits. Hope your friend enjoys his fat wife.
T

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2023, 02:59:00 PM »
When I go play chess at a local park and start talking to people about the medications they take, they look as me as if I just discovered fire.

"1"

I know exactly how they feel.  ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2023, 03:00:37 PM »
A drug will not change eating habits. Hope your friend enjoys his fat wife.

He likes her big tits which she miraculously kept through the transformation. She wasn’t even super big to begin with. Women nowadays amirite!?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2023, 03:01:05 PM »
It would be better to just build a special camp for fat people.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2023, 03:01:32 PM »

Go on…..

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »

Near the water.  They're so graceful once they're back in their element.