Author Topic: She's Too Big  (Read 39452 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
She's Too Big
« on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:31 PM »
Pictures of FBB's who were toted as simply too big when they came out

The original, Laura Coombs, author of Winning Women's Bodybuilding

(sadly, she died from the direct use and abuse of alchohol)
X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: She's Too Big
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 12:13:10 PM »
Kay Baxter

X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
Bev, the Queen of Traps:

X

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 02:11:24 AM »
Bev, the Queen of Traps:

I think she looks fabulous! I have modeled my body after hers.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 02:03:54 PM »

Of all the FBBers, Bev probably made the greatest transformation to her body of any weight-trained woman ever!!!!

I recall her appearing on the CBS "Wide World of Sports" TV show in the early 80's and even a veteran iron-gamer like me, who had seen the likes of Abbye Stockton in person, recoiled "in shock" at Bev's bulky, heavily-muscled, "masculine look" as a 180 lb.+ powerlifter. 

Seeing Bev looking "so masculine" didn't help me push the benefits of "weight-training for girls/women" to my teen, and sub-teen, age daughters, in those days!!

As the movie Pumping Iron II so clearly documented, Bev's transition from a 180 lb+ powerlifter to an approx. 145 lb. "excessively muscular" FBBer (for her time!) was remarkable, and clearly made the point that despite Bev's apparent external masculine muscularity/appearance, Bev was "all-woman" inside (where it REALLY counts)!

But, Bev PERSISTED in her BB goals and by the '88 Ms. Olympia, with an added "nose-job", blonde hair-coloring, and additional HARD, DEDICATED, WORK in sculpting her body, Bev displayed a lot of "feminine muscularity", and her total physical transformation from her early-80's powerlifting days was absolutely remarkable!!

Yes, Bev has "done it all" in the iron-game...becoming one of the strongest women in the world (BP: 300 lbs.+ AND a SQ and DL of 500 lbs.+ at a time when NO OTHER woman in the world, with the exception of Jan Todd on ONLY the SQ and DL, could approach her 3 powerlifting records); an accomplished top-level IFBB Ms. Olympia competitor/place-winner; successful gym owner; wife and mother of two children (I believe two?).

Yes, it would be hard for any girl/woman to find a better role-model of raw strength, determination, persistence, and the ability to TRANSFORM one's body than Bev Francis...clearly proving the old saying, "where there's a WILL there's a WAY"!!

Pics. of a "more feminine-looking" muscularity for Bev...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »

THIS folks IS 2 big..

dont tell me that dosen't look like bo jackson with tits..
carpe` vaginum!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »
red X, lemmie guess...Reney tonie?  ::)
X

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »
carpe` vaginum!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »
I gotta post Renee Toney, Mayra Conde, and Karla Nelson
X

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 08:13:17 AM »
Kim:
X

OneBigMan

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »
Kim:

I actually like that picture a lot :D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 10:31:50 PM »
Too bad for you. Bev looks TERRIBLE in that picture. Horrendous structure. A woman should strive to have the X frame of a Cory Everson or Lenda Murray, not look like Dorian Yates with a wig.  >:(
!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 03:53:37 PM »
bev francis was definately the first woman to change the female bb'er look

good or bad??........................

guess thats up 2 the individual to decide

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 04:05:25 PM »
Anyone know how heavy women bbers get in the offseason? On stage? I am talking about today's top "freaks"... how big do they get?

LENSNART

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 08:31:53 PM »

I recall her appearing on the CBS "Wide World of Sports" TV show in the early 80's and even a veteran iron-gamer like me, who had seen the likes of Abbye Stockton in person, recoiled "in shock" at Bev's bulky, heavily-muscled, "masculine look" as a 180 lb.+ powerlifter. 

She was a shotputter, first and foremost just not quite as good as her training partner Gael Mulhall (she is in bed with Nigel Martin at the start of pumping iron 2.)

She did not hang out with powerlifters but trained with what were the strongest women in the western world in the mid 70's in Melbourne... long before women's powerlifting became flavour of the month on OSQ, and womens bodybuilding included best chest awards.

Oh yeah Gael got a 3rd at the Olympics,

and you know the name of her  coach, but that would give it all away.

newbieBB

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 01:13:42 PM »

I don't intend to get as big as Bev, however I find her to be inspiring as to what she has done with her BB career. She's a smart cookie. Just my 2 cents :)

aomw

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 04:21:54 PM »
Jan Harrell made a transformation in the early 90's for one of the best upper physique's of all-time. She finished 2nd at local, stae and regional shows and competed at the '91 USA's with no fair consideration.

aomw

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 03:54:20 PM »
Anyone know how heavy women bbers get in the offseason? On stage? I am talking about today's top "freaks"... how big do they get?
Tazzie Colomb was over 200lbs and looked great (better than her all too often drawn contest condition) in WPW video 614? 2005-6. She carried the most size so well but rarely brought that to contests due to the overemphasis of conditioning. She was big and beautiful (150+) naturally at 21 in the late 80's. There were women ( a few) before her that had some hard mass but she made it look easy...and great.