Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

The Master-Judge Explains Why Ronnie Got Crushed At Last Year's Olympia.

(1/7) > >>

suckmymuscle:
  This is an interview with Jim Rockell. If there is a single judge in bodybuilding who deserves to be called a "master-judge", it is this guy. He has been involved with bodybuilding since the 1960s, and has been a bodybuilding judge since the early 1970s. He was already at the 1977 Olympia as an auxiliary judge. He is now the chairman of the Men's I.F.B.B, and the head judge of the Mr.Olympia. He has judged 600 bodybuilding contests in 30 years, both at the amateur and professional levels. According to him, judging pro shows is easier, because top pros have very few flaws - otherwise they wouldn't have reached that level in the first place. He has judged Bannout's, Haney's and Dorian's physiques, as well as Ronnie's since he competed at his first Olympia. This guy is the man.

According to him, Ronnie lost mostly due to: lack of development and separations in his back and relative overall flatness compared to his previous self, as well as being slightly off in conditioning. He said that Cutler beat him mostly due to increased crispness of separations and hardness, not size.  Here's the interview:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/audio/am/awesome_muscles_podcast_3oct2006_int16.mp3

SUCKMYMUSCLE

240 is Back:

--- Quote from: suckmymuscle on January 13, 2007, 01:06:26 PM ---relative overall flatness compared to his previous self
--- End quote ---

Weird.  I didn't see "Ronnie Coleman, 2005" on the stage during the 2006 mr O.

And IF that is the case, why didn't Jay win in 2001, when he was arguably better than Ronnie, and worlds ahead of his 2000 self?

SWOLETRAIN:
c'mon 40 didnt u hear? its all fixed!!!

Stavios:

--- Quote from: 240 is Back on January 13, 2007, 01:08:28 PM ---Weird.  I didn't see "Ronnie Coleman, 2005" on the stage during the 2006 mr O.

And IF that is the case, why didn't Jay win in 2001, when he was arguably better than Ronnie, and worlds ahead of his 2000 self?

--- End quote ---

bump for the truth

beatmaster:

--- Quote from: SWOLETRAIN on January 13, 2007, 01:10:37 PM ---c'mon 40 didnt u hear? its all fixed!!!

--- End quote ---

there you go, or they finaly realised its time for change!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version