Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion

Divorce: Christie Brinkley's Sex-Starved Husband Bares All

<< < (3/8) > >>

BayGBM:

--- Quote from: Playboy on July 04, 2008, 11:10:24 AM ---Bullseye.

--- End quote ---

She is certainly beautiful, but I get the feeling she may not be such a wonderful wife or easy to live with once the thrill of bedding a "supermodel" wears off.

I have been with some beautiful/hot men but none of them were what I would consider relationship material.  Our society treats “beautiful” people in a way that corrupts them and destroys their character.

As near as I can tell, the only way to avoid this is to find someone who becomes beautiful later on in life (say, after 35) in an ugly duckling sort of dynamic.  If someone becomes beautiful/hot later on in life their good values and character are potentially already in place.  But if someone starts out beautiful they are corrupted by the way our society treats/genuflects before them.  :(

By the way, I don't mean to slam Christie.  What ever she may or may not be, Peter Cook is clearly the bad guy here.  >:(

The ChemistV2:
Why do these people bother getting married after the second or 3rd time? She certainly didn't need the money, she probably doesn't have some religious edict that says she has to get married. Is it compulsive? Why can't they just live with the guy, and then when the inevitable end comes, much less hassle. What is this Need to have some legally binding obligation? I did it once, and that was enough.

BayGBM:

--- Quote from: The ChemistV2 on July 04, 2008, 12:52:29 PM ---Why do these people bother getting married after the second or 3rd time? She certainly didn't need the money, she probably doesn't have some religious edict that says she has to get married. Is it compulsive? Why can't they just live with the guy, and then when the inevitable end comes, much less hassle. What is this Need to have some legally binding obligation? I did it once, and that was enough.

--- End quote ---

Why did you get married the first time?  Were you raised to believe in marriage, fidelity, making a vow to someome, etc.?  I don't think the impulse to get married is that hard to understand.  For the people who want it, I think marriage is great.  What annoys the hell out of me is someone who is thrice married and/or cheating on his/her spouse telling me that my getting married is destroying a sacred institution or that by virtue of marriage they should have access to rights that I am denied.

The ChemistV2:

--- Quote from: BayGBM on July 04, 2008, 01:53:18 PM ---Why did you get married the first time?  Were you raised to believe in marriage, fidelity, making a vow to someome, etc.?  I don't think the impulse to get married is that hard to understand.  For the people who want it, I think marriage is great.  What annoys the hell out of me is someone who is thrice married and/or cheating on his/her spouse telling me that my getting married is destroying a sacred institution or that by virtue of marriage they should have access to rights that I am denied.

--- End quote ---
Well, I did love her, but I also sort of caved in to an ultimatum. She originally agreed, after we were married, that she didn't want children, then she changed her mind and basically told me either we were going to have kids or she would leave...so she left. Again, nothing wrong with doing it, but 4 or 5 times? Obviously it's not working out. And as far as gays getting married, I think they should have the same right to go through all the same crap of having to make alimony payments, visit their kids, give away half their possessions, just like everyone else.

mbell:

--- Quote from: BayGBM on July 04, 2008, 01:53:18 PM ---Why did you get married the first time?  Were you raised to believe in marriage, fidelity, making a vow to someome, etc.?  I don't think the impulse to get married is that hard to understand.  For the people who want it, I think marriage is great.  What annoys the hell out of me is someone who is thrice married and/or cheating on his/her spouse telling me that my getting married is destroying a sacred institution or that by virtue of marriage they should have access to rights that I am denied.

--- End quote ---

I couldn't agree more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version