Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Pet Board

California law to ban/exterminate Pit Bulls

<< < (3/47) > >>

24KT:

--- Quote from: STella on July 08, 2006, 09:12:52 PM ---I've been asked to make this a sticky and I agree.  It's not the dog's fault or "in their character" to be violent, but what a d-head human may try to make them that makes them objectionable to society. 

Better to ban/exile/educate the humans that are turning this breed into a pariah.

We just had a few articles about dog-fighting that is prevalent in our area in our newspaper.  The jagoffs that engage in this make me sick.

One of the nicest dogs I've ever known (and one that helped me to get past my fear of dogs) was a pitbull.

--- End quote ---

Ahem... {pssst} STella, the word is "JERK-offs"

OzmO:
I don't know about this pit bull thing......  I understand the point about the bad owners...  However about a 2-3 years ago i remember hearing on the news about an 11 year old boy who was walking home from school and got attacked by a pitt bull.  The kid died.  So it's hard for me hear about how they aren't dangerous.

gtbro1:

--- Quote from: OzmO on July 08, 2006, 09:32:46 PM ---I don't know about this pit bull thing......  I understand the point about the bad owners...  However about a 2-3 years ago i remember hearing on the news about an 11 year old boy who was walking home from school and got attacked by a pitt bull.  The kid died.  So it's hard for me hear about how they aren't dangerous.

--- End quote ---

well I can understand where ya come from ....but more than likely someone had purposely made that dog mean...and the kid paid the price. JMO

24KT:

--- Quote from: gtbro1 on July 08, 2006, 09:45:15 PM ---  well I can understand where ya come from ....but more than likely someone had purposely made that dog mean...and the kid paid the price. JMO

--- End quote ---

Hence the desire for the ban. There's no question the problem is with bad dog owners rather than the breed, however, bad dog owners only come to light AFTER a vicious attack. And in some cases, pits with good owners have attacked as well. We recently had a case here in Toronto where a pit bull attacked a little girl who she had played with for years. The girl grew up next to the dog, and had a great relationship with the dog and the dog owner. One day, the dog out of the blue attacked the little girl. The owner who was beside herself with grief had the dog put down. Pits have a jaw that locks, and that makes them especially dangerous.

jmt1:

--- Quote from: OzmO on July 08, 2006, 09:32:46 PM ---I don't know about this pit bull thing......  I understand the point about the bad owners...  However about a 2-3 years ago i remember hearing on the news about an 11 year old boy who was walking home from school and got attacked by a pitt bull.  The kid died.  So it's hard for me hear about how they aren't dangerous.

--- End quote ---

pits by nature are very people friendly....in fact if you read up on the breed it will tell you that pits dont even make good watch dogs becuase they love people so much...i bet that dog was abused and mistreated by his owner...its also true that in alot of these cases the dogs are really some type of mix breed...but because it may be part pit or resemble a pit in some way, the media labels it as a pit bull only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version