Author Topic: Lower abs & love handles  (Read 5535 times)

1more

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Lower abs & love handles
« on: September 24, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been cutting for a while now and my bf% is dropping steadily...My top abs are coming in strong, but I'm battling to get the lower ones to come in. I have trouble doing legs lifts etc as it seems to aggravate my hip joints so they don't get as much attention as I'd like. Is there any other way to get my lower abs to come in?

Also my love handles are still noticeable. Even though my lower abs arn't petruding as much as I'd like, the layer of fat covering them is minimal. So its not as if I'm just some fat f*ck who also happens to have love handles.

Any advice to get rid of the love handles or bring out the lower abs(minimising the effect on my hip joints) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Lower abs & love handles
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:01:46 AM »
Hi guys,

I have been cutting for a while now and my bf% is dropping steadily...My top abs are coming in strong, but I'm battling to get the lower ones to come in. I have trouble doing legs lifts etc as it seems to aggravate my hip joints so they don't get as much attention as I'd like. Is there any other way to get my lower abs to come in?

Also my love handles are still noticeable. Even though my lower abs arn't petruding as much as I'd like, the layer of fat covering them is minimal. So its not as if I'm just some fat f*ck who also happens to have love handles.

Any advice to get rid of the love handles or bring out the lower abs(minimising the effect on my hip joints) would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hang from a chin bar and SLOWLY curl your knees up to your chest and try and touch the bar,or as close as you can,then SLOWLY,in a controlled negative lower them.Do not relax at the bottom keep them tight,and exhale on the way up.These are absolute murder if done correctly,but really hit the lower abs for me. If you do them right your hip joints should not be effected.The idea is to curl the pelvis toward the sternum,not  just swing the legs at the hip.As for the love handles,that is just diet.It seems they are the last bit of fat to go.Be patient and do your cardio and diet and they will come off.

1more

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
thanks gt,

I'll give them a go and see how it goes

Cheers

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 08:09:47 AM »
Yeah, those handles and pooch will be the last to go......nothing but cutting will get rid of them.  You will probably have to be around 6-7% for your body to start tapping into that fattie area. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:45:02 AM »
if you want to spend the money you could get your abs detailed surgically....

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 03:49:52 AM »
Yeah, those handles and pooch will be the last to go......nothing but cutting will get rid of them.  You will probably have to be around 6-7% for your body to start tapping into that fattie area. 

I think he would be very happy if he gets to 6-7% and then I`m sure the love handles
would not be visible.Getting to 8-9% should be enough if you are not going to compete
he he .

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »
I think he would be very happy if he gets to 6-7% and then I`m sure the love handles
would not be visible.Getting to 8-9% should be enough if you are not going to compete
he he .

how are things in ethiopia?

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 03:55:27 AM »
most guys around 8, 9 % should see lower abs and obliques very clearly. when I'm around 8, 9 % there's nothing hidden. dont cut carbs too much. add a bit more cardio every few days and u'll get there man.

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 12:22:17 AM »
how are things in ethiopia?

he he he he, so not right....
Just spot me BITCH!!!

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 09:36:40 AM »
Hang from a chin bar and SLOWLY curl your knees up to your chest and try and touch the bar,or as close as you can,then SLOWLY,in a controlled negative lower them.Do not relax at the bottom keep them tight,and exhale on the way up.These are absolute murder if done correctly,but really hit the lower abs for me. If you do them right your hip joints should not be effected.The idea is to curl the pelvis toward the sternum,not  just swing the legs at the hip.As for the love handles,that is just diet.It seems they are the last bit of fat to go.Be patient and do your cardio and diet and they will come off.

Another good one similar but not hanging [which I can't do for that long since I have trouble with pullups]-- for lower abs is to lay on your back and hold a light-to-med weighted bar (or plate) above you with straight arms--(I use about a 30 pound body bar). While keeping your back on the floor and arms and knees together  locked bring your knees into your chest slowly, then do a reverse curl up, lifting your butt---and try to bring your toes/feet up over the bar. Tap your feet to the ground and repeat.

Alternate these with reaches up with legs extended, still holding bar, then do v-sit twists holding the bar in front of you (like a front squat).

This set is not that easy-- I do 30 reps of each x 2-3 sets and it will work the abs great!

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 11:59:58 AM »
The most important thing u can do is cardio and diet ( which im sure your doing), as far as excercises go:

* You can either hang from a fixed bar and pull your legs up to form a 90 degree angle with your lower back ( you can do 2 variations... your knees bent and your knees straight)

*you can do a similar thing with a dip machine ( or if your gym has a specific machine for this, i know my gym does)..its basically a dip  machine ( no weights though), but they have paddings and a handle on the paraller bars so you can perform the "Leg-Ups" on those machine

*yo can hold a 45 plate in either hand, lets say your right hand... then put your left hand on your  left ear, and bend sideways to your right ( same direction as the hand you have the weight in)... you can feel your obliques get a very good workout from that, it will also develope the sides of your lower abs..

* Romain chairs are also very good