Author Topic: IPhone 5 - Good or just another simple upgrade  (Read 31338 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »
A little ironic that the gay man started this thread.  What is the obsession about apple from the gay community?
Gays don't have kids. Therefore, they are willing and have the money to spend on better products.
A

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2012, 02:04:20 AM »
I'll stick with my Galaxy Note - love it, especially for sat-nav.

Don't understand why people have Apple phones when they bring out "new" ones with minimal upgrades pretty much every year now.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2012, 02:26:19 AM »
i hugely dislike the monopoly position of "apple" (oh brother what a fuckin name haha).

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »
i hugely dislike the monopoly position of "apple" (oh brother what a fuckin name haha).

Yeah fuck apple products, who needs them

Sent from my Iphone 5

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2012, 02:52:53 AM »
i love my ipod as well, i only hate people who wants everything the first and also everything from apple

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »
Apple is run by kunts.  They take the glass off the back, put an aluminum back and proclaim it lighter and thinner.  No shit!  This was their plan from the last release as a new thing to do.  They pretty much setup their next release with the current trying to get the sheep in order.

The 4 was "faster" than the five, but I have both and don't notice any difference.  Faster for what?  Angry birds will fly faster?

Cutting ropes will fall faster?  This release had nothing new, nothing worthy of a show and marketing campaign.  They have peaked, plain and simple.  Time for someone else to revolutionize the phone and take over.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2012, 07:42:44 AM »
Gays don't have kids a woman. Therefore, they are willing and have the money to spend on better products.

fixed.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:32 AM »

The iphone 5 is impressive when compared to the older iphones...

But when compared to Android phones, its nothing special!

Bigger screen? - Android devices have been released with 4.7 and 5 inch screens for sometime now

High resolution screen? - Again Android devices have already had screens running 1280X720 resolution for sometime now

4G LTE? - Yeah any modern day android phone pretty much has that - Apple is very late in the game here!

8 mp camera and 1080p video capture? - yeah was already standard in a ton of Android phones since last year!

A6 processor?   - Yeah that won't stand a chance next to a 1.5 Ghz Dual Core SnapDragon S5.... and lets not try to compare it to the Nvidia Tegra 3 because that will just be an embarrassment to Apple!

Apple Maps with turn by turn directions? - Turn by turn direction with voice has already been included on Google Maps (the fatest growing map database in the world) and was on a ton of android device like a year ago!

NFC Chip?  - Oh wait the iPhone 5 doesn't have an NFC Chip, no tap to pay option for you I guess!

At least you still have Siri... she seems nice!  Oh wait... co-founder of Apple Steve Wozniak has already gone on record stating that Android Voice features is better than Apple's! 

:-D

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
let me guess, you prefer Japanese cars to German/Italian too.

The iphone 5 is impressive when compared to the older iphones...

But when compared to Android phones, its nothing special!

Bigger screen? - Android devices have been released with 4.7 and 5 inch screens for sometime now

High resolution screen? - Again Android devices have already had screens running 1280X720 resolution for sometime now

4G LTE? - Yeah any modern day android phone pretty much has that - Apple is very late in the game here!

8 mp camera and 1080p video capture? - yeah was already standard in a ton of Android phones since last year!

A6 processor?   - Yeah that won't stand a chance next to a 1.5 Ghz Dual Core SnapDragon S5.... and lets not try to compare it to the Nvidia Tegra 3 because that will just be an embarrassment to Apple!

Apple Maps with turn by turn directions? - Turn by turn direction with voice has already been included on Google Maps (the fatest growing map database in the world) and was on a ton of android device like a year ago!

NFC Chip?  - Oh wait the iPhone 5 doesn't have an NFC Chip, no tap to pay option for you I guess!

At least you still have Siri... she seems nice!  Oh wait... co-founder of Apple Steve Wozniak has already gone on record stating that Android Voice features is better than Apple's! 

:-D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2012, 08:26:40 AM »
let me guess, you prefer Japanese cars to German/Italian too.

Nope - I will take American Muscle any day over import!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »
Apple died of Cancer in 2011

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »

i thought the "retina display" was like... waaaaaay higher res than that.  at least 2.5k x sth?  or is that not an iphone thing?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »
i thought the "retina display" was like... waaaaaay higher res than that.  at least 2.5k x sth?  or is that not an iphone thing?

The retina display on the iphone 5 is a 326ppi, 4-inches. 1136 x 640 resolution. Same width as iphone 4s, but taller.

At the time it was released on the iphone 4 it was impressive... but since then many android phones have been released with better resolutions running 1280X720 hd displays!  Which is still better than the iphone 5

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
Yeah fuck apple products, who needs them

Sent from my Iphone 5
people that prefer a secure, exchange compatible,  and better OS.
A

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
Nope - I will take American Muscle any day over import!

I'll take an Audi every time. Can we agree on anything???

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
I'll take an Audi every time. Can we agree on anything???

Bay - if it makes you feel any better....  Honestly, if I was to buy a Non-American Sports Car, the R8 would be the one!

This video is entertaining as hell!

Top Gear ZR1 vs R8

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »
Apple died of Cancer in 2011

Might be true,if you look at the history were due for a new king for awhile

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
Apple has their core fans, but like anything that will dwindle as the release the same product over and over and over.  They did an amazing job with the original, changed the market.  So did Motoralla with the RAZR flip a long time ago, everyone had one, but they couldn't follow it up with anything decent.

Apple had a couple great ideas, ran them to the bank, now they are just running them into the ground.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »
Still fantasizing about gay sex?  I feel sorry for your "girlfriend."  ::)
:-*

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Sheep of America and the IPhone 5
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:01 PM »
This video is proof that people are just stupid.  Plain and simple stupid and Apple is cashing that stupidity to the bank.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Sheep of America and the IPhone 5
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »
Damn, Hulk Hogan lost some serious weight

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »
Damn, Hulk Hogan lost some serious weight

he's trying to date younger women - going for the epic leans

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
That's clearly not Bulk Hogan

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2012, 07:45:09 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/technology/iphone-5-design-thrills-partners-but-will-cost-users.html?_r=1&nl=technology&emc=edit_ct_20120913

Design Thrills Apple’s Partners, but Will Cost Users

By BRIAN X. CHEN

The iPhone 5 has plenty of new features to keep Apple fans happy. But there is one feature Apple unveiled on Wednesday that is likely to annoy many: a new connector on the phone’s base.

The Lightning port, as Apple calls it, is smaller and shaped differently from the old one, instantly rendering obsolete the millions of spare charging cords, docks and iPhone-ready clock radios that its customers have accumulated over the years.

While irritating to some, the Lightning connector could be a boon to the hundreds of companies that sell accessories for iPhones and iPads.

“Apple is testing the patience of its fans,” said Tero Kuittinen, an independent analyst and a vice president of Alekstra, a company that helps customers manage cellphone costs.

“A lot of Apple fans have a lot of different accessories and use the old systems, so this is going to be a fairly expensive shift for a lot of them,” Mr. Kuittinen said. Makers of iPhone accessories are likely to be ecstatic, he added.

Apple, which is selling Lightning cables and $30 adapters that will connect the new phones to many but not all older accessories, is, of course, poised to profit from the design change as well. Apple said the smaller connector allowed it to make the phone thinner and use space inside the device more efficiently.

Accessories for Apple products are already a vast and lucrative business. In the last year, iPad, iPod and iPhone add-ons, including speakers, cases and power chargers, generated $2 billion in sales in the United States alone, according to the NPD Group, a research firm.

To stay on top of the market and avoid building products that will soon be out of date, accessory makers have to watch Apple as attentively as any technology journalist or analyst. Apple, which is known for its culture of secrecy, generally keeps accessory makers in the dark before it unveils its new hardware. The companies rely instead on leaks from Apple’s manufacturing partners in Asia, or on rumors about the devices that surface on Apple-focused blogs. On the day of an Apple hardware announcement, they watch reports of the event and wait for data sheets to come from Apple with details on the devices before they crank up manufacturing in China.

Griffin Technology, a company in Nashville that makes Apple accessories, said that moments after Apple introduced the iPhone 5, its employees were making final design tweaks in its prototyping shop, where 3-D printers turn out mock-ups of future products. Many Griffin employees had already traveled to China from the United States to be there when the iPhone 5 was introduced.

“Kind of like everyone else, we’re at the same starting line in the race to the peg,” said Mark Rowan, Griffin’s president.

Similarly, employees of Incase, a maker of iPhone cases based in San Francisco, crowded into a conference room to watch online reports of Apple’s presentation, said Dave Gatto, the chief executive. Employees in China were waiting at factories for final design specifications so they could start making cases.

Occasionally a rare few in the business get a peek at an Apple prototype, according to Jeremy Horwitz, editor in chief of iLounge, a Web site that reviews Apple accessories. Much as some software developers get to use a new Apple product in advance so they can have software ready to show off on Apple’s stage, he said, some accessory makers have had access to Apple devices before their unveiling. Mr. Horwitz said these devices were typically locked down to prevent theft or leaks.

Some companies take unsanctioned routes to get ahead of the game. Hard Candy Cases, a case maker, sent iPhone 5 cases to journalists before Apple even introduced the phone. Tim Hickman, chief executive of the company, said manufacturers in Shenzhen, where his cases are made, sent around design information for unreleased iPhones to attract case makers like himself.

“The factories have gone from, ‘Shhh, hey, buddy, look at what I have for you,’ to making it part of their presentation,” he said.

Mr. Hickman said he did not buy information from leakers in Asia. Instead, he said, he made a deal with a factory that had told him it could make cases for the iPhone 5 and asked him to send designs that it would then modify to fit the new phone. He said his iPhone 5 cases for sale to customers would arrive in the United States in about three days.

IHome, a New York company that is one of the biggest makers of iPhone clock radios and other Apple audio accessories, tries to plan for Apple’s announcements but does not assume anything is fact until the company unveils its new hardware, said Ezra S. Ashkenazi, its chief executive. He called the Lightning change “a unique circumstance” because it was the first time Apple had changed the connector since it was introduced.

There are already iPhone clock radios made by iHome and other companies in hotel rooms around the world. Kathy Duffy, director of public relations for the Marriott hotels in New York, said that if many patrons seemed to be getting the iPhone 5, the company would probably stock up on adapters or buy new accessories. “We’d have to evaluate it and see what the demand is,” she said.