Author Topic: where are all the McGregor haters today?  (Read 14136 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
where are all the McGregor haters today?
« on: July 12, 2015, 09:20:03 AM »
They said he   never faced a great wrestler...now he did.  ..tko in the 2nd. The guys a great fighter..admit it. Plus he's irish  ;)
irongearco.com

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: where are all the McGregor haters today?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:31:26 AM »
They said he   never faced a great wrestler...now he did.  ..tko in the 2nd. The guys a great fighter..admit it. Plus he's irish  ;)

He delivered a TKO and that's what counts.

That said, Mendes took him down at will and if you were to ask a judge, both rounds 1 & 2 would have gone to Mendes, as he did the most damage (just prior to the TKO) in both rounds and landed multiple take downs.

Mendes took this fight on two weeks notice, so he obviously had no gas tank, as he didn't have time to get his conditioning down. But for a guy that only had 2 weeks to prep for a main event fight, he did incredibly well. Even McGregor stated in the post-fight press conference that the guy is the best wrestler in the division and hits very hard.

You give Mendes a full camp and they can easily come back for the win.

On the flip side, Connor clearly has heavy hands, but his style does look sloppy as shit. He towered over mendes and has an 8-inch reach advantage, so clearly he would have an advantage landing punches and controlling the distance.

Ultimately, he promised a 2nd round TKO and made good on that promise, so he talked the talk and delivered.

All that said, the Lawler and MacDonald fight was the true main event. Both of those guys are fucking animals and deserved all the accolades.

I think the Aldo vs McGregor fight should be interesting. Aldo is faster than McGregor, more accurate, has harder kicks and his ground game is amazing. I give the punching power to McGregor between the two, but besides that, nothing else. If I were a betting man, I'd say that Aldo purposely allowed this to go down in order to better prepare for McGregor and see what his tools and tendencies are.

If I were coaching Aldo, I'd plan to simply take McGregor to the ground every single round, keep him there and ground and pound him to death until he either goes limb or a submission becomes apparent.

"1"

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 09:39:27 AM »

That said, Mendes took him down at will and if you were to ask a judge, both rounds 1 & 2 would have gone to Mendes, as he did the most damage (just prior to the TKO) in both rounds and landed multiple take downs.

Mendes took this fight on two weeks notice, so he obviously had no gas tank, as he didn't have time to get his conditioning down. But for a guy that only had 2 weeks to prep for a main event fight, he did incredibly well. Even McGregor stated in the post-fight press conference that the guy is the best wrestler in the division and hits very hard.

On the flip side, Connor clearly has heavy hands, but his style does look sloppy as shit. He towered over mendes and has an 8-inch reach advantage, so clearly he would have an advantage landing punches and controlling the distance.

Ultimately, he promised a 2nd round TKO and made good on that promise, so he talked the talk and delivered.

All that said, the Lawler and MacDonald fight was the true main event. Both of those guys are fucking animals and deserved all the accolades.

I think the Aldo vs McGregor fight should be interesting. Aldo is faster than McGregor, more accurate, has harder kicks and his ground game is amazing. I give the punching power to McGregor between the two, but besides that, nothing else. If I were a betting man, I'd say that Aldo purposely allowed this to go down in order to better prepare for McGregor and see what his tools and tendencies are.

If I were coaching Aldo, I'd plan to simply take McGregor to the ground every single round, keep him there and ground and pound him to death until he either goes limb or a submission becomes apparent.

"1"
Why cant Shizzo make posts like this about MMA?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:59:26 AM »
aldo's takedowns are not that impressive.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 10:12:56 AM »
I like McGregor, was hoping a beatdown for Aldo, but this with Mendes looked like a fix...

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
Why cant Shizzo make posts like this about MMA?

He's retarded

He know nothing about MMA

He's retarded

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »
MacGregor looked like an amateur who's never taken a wrestling/BJJ class in his life. If Mendes doesn't take the payoff and stand in front of Mac waiting to get hit in the face, the Mac Hype Train is derailed to the tune of $20M dollars. Gee, why did Mendes seem so happy to lose after the fight.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
on getbig everything is a conspiracy

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 10:33:37 AM »

"1"

spot on buddy  if mendes had  a full camp he would have dominated that fight.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »
so he need a full camp not to gas in the first round? his conditioning must be awful
i can see it now, team alpha male, all they do is sit around all day eating french fries and watcing old bay watch episodes

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 12:00:25 PM »

"1"

I think he manhandled him really, he was walking him down with his hands by his sides. He said he would ko him within 4 minutes, not in the second.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 12:56:56 PM »
there's two opinions now

1. the fight was fixed
2. mendes accepted the fight 20 minutes earlier, getting the call when he was at  burger king and with a full camp bla bla he wouldve won

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »

spot on buddy  if mendes had  a full camp he would have dominated that fight.

Full camp or not, Chad Mendes is the best wrestler in the division. He took Conor down multiple times and was unable to stop him.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 01:05:55 PM »
someone unwilling to stand and fight will always be looked upon as a lesser man than someone who is.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
McGregor ??? ???

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »
I was really divided on who to root for going into this fight until I seen Mendes continually attempt the old take down and hump method.

Boring.

I quickly found myself rooting for McGregor in this match.

All trash talking antics aside, he is by far the most exciting fighter in the division.

Being able to see McGregor and Lawler fight on the same card was an absolute treat.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 01:16:19 PM »
yes lets not forget this is suppose to be entertainment, its not the olympics...
unfortunately there's a shitload of wrestlers who never made it to the olympics so they try the next best thing to get a real job, they go to the ufc... but the entertainment factor is missing cause they never done anything in their lives but wrestle eachother...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 01:58:02 PM »
I did think that every time Mendes took McGregor down, you barely heard a peep out of Rogan. It's as if Mendes did nothing in the fight if you listen to the announcers. Thought that was really strange. McGregor eating elbows on the ground and no excitement out of Rogan whatsoever...Anyone who wants to cry fix, watch the fight again and listen to the announcers. Because they certainly didn't want Mendes to win this fight.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
rogan:

"he gets him down nicely done"

"beautiful shot by chad"

"beautiful right hand"

"can he pass the guard, yes he can
very bad position for conor"

"chad mendes looking for a guilotine"
"looking to trap the neck"

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 02:11:35 PM »
rogan:

"he gets him down nicely done"

"beautiful shot by chad"

"beautiful right hand"

"can he pass the guard, yes he can
very bad position for conor"

"chad mendes looking for a guilotine"
"looking to trap the neck"

Fucked up that angle. So let's try another.

Why do the "fix" dummies even watch this shit? Same thing with the O - fuckers figure out all their CTs before the event even goes down, then use whatever sticks. What a boring, pointless existence.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 02:32:24 PM »
My take on the fight:

Mendes was able to wrestle Conor to the ground by utilising his unquestionably superior technique. He stayed busy and landed some excellent shots, however Conor was continually talking trash and didnt for a moment look like he was even close to being stopped. He knows hes not competitive from his back but he was getting shots off when he could.

Mendes made the mistake Conor was waiting for and when it came down to a fist fight, clearly there was only 1 winner. Mendes looked uncharacteristically gassed obviously, however why is nobody acknowledging the admission by Conor that he was practically in bits before the fight? He gets absolutely no credit for winning because Mendes had a short camp, it was a quick stoppage, it was a fix...

He turned up, got the job done even with multiple current injuries and now awaits Aldo. I say job well done.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 02:37:49 PM »
People aren't giving Conor due credit for that beautiful guillotine escape, and as for the stoppage Chad Mendes himself has not said it was early. He turtled up and stopped defending, so fight over. The same thing happened in the co-main. Rory turtled up and stopped defending, and the ref stopped it. No one is calling that an early stoppage.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
So I'm confused??? Do MMA fighters not train year round? Do they just sit around doing nothing waiting for a call?  ???

I don't follow the sport, but I think it is stupid when people are saying that he "only had 2 weeks to train for fight". He is a PROFESSIONAL fighter. It is his profession. He should be ready to go at any notice.

If I am way off the mark here, just call me a dumbass and carry on.
a

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
it depends. but in this case with mendes id say he's pretty much ready to go, he doesnt have to travel from the other side of the world, it isnt one of those high altitude fights like werdum fought with cain, he dont train specificially against the conor type but the gameplan would pretty much look the same - taking him to the ground. he made weight. he does get hit quite a lot in the first round to the body.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »
With 2-3 weeks of training; Mendes should not have been winded during the 2nd round.