Author Topic: Qualifying for a national show at a contest  (Read 3068 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Qualifying for a national show at a contest
« on: October 24, 2016, 06:17:17 PM »
At a national qaulifer u just have to win our class..but what if u were the only one in your class
irongearco.com

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Qualifing for a national show
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 06:34:34 PM »
At a national qaulifer u just have to win our class..but what if u were the only one in your clasd
That's why u see some shitty people at some National shows.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:37:42 PM »
Yeah... I thought we came to an agreement that people can just pay an entry fee.

2015 nats:

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 12:26:39 AM »
Floyd "gyno tit" Mayweather, Justin Beiber, Turtle Man and "Pancake Tits droopy nips", all look horrific...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 07:32:21 AM »
At a national qaulifer u just have to win our class..but what if u were the only one in your clasd

It used to be a lot tougher to qualify for the nationals, but that's changed.

A national show now gets 500-600 bikini and figure entrants, 100-150 body builders , 100 MPD and a 100 more from CPD and WPD.
At  $250 per entrant , the promoter and organization make decent cash just from the entry fees. That's the real goal now.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 10:59:36 AM »
this is why bbing will never be considered a main stream sport.. it's more akin to this. who will win best of show.. ??? ??? ??? ???  the only sport where the training has nothing to do with actually happens on contest day [gameday]... ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 11:06:18 AM »
this is why bbing will never be considered a main stream sport.. it's more akin to this. who will win best of show.. ??? ??? ??? ???  the only sport where the training has nothing to do with actually happens on contest day [gameday]... ::) ::) ::) ::)

Disagree, because the dog show judges adhere to official , established standards for  each breed.

If bodybuilding judges ran dog shows the winning dogs would look vastly different.
You'd end up with some poodle with a chest the size of Pit Bull because it looked freaky big.

TheOne

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:09:36 AM »
All look like shit, that's why the mass populace laughs at bodybuilding

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 11:16:47 AM »
Yeah... I thought we came to an agreement that people can just pay an entry fee.

2015 nats:

Turtle man wins that pose down. Shame the first guy doesn't get his tit fixed, he wouldn't be a world beater, but he'd be miles ahead of these others.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »
How do you go on stage with gyno that bad. Plus it will take more what they earn to correct it, it's just sad.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 12:17:25 PM »

2015 nats:

Don't forget:

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »
It's been a while but I've actually attended a contest in which a non-worthy competitor was "hooked' off the stage.

Another was 'hooked' simply because his posing routine was too damn long.

I think that those 'hooks' were once used in old vaudeville acts and one just happened to be backstage at that contest and used to get the show moving along.

Might be a good idea even today.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 12:25:51 PM »
It's been a while but I've actually attended a contest in which a non-worthy competitor was "hooked' off the stage.

I think that those 'hooks' were once used in old vaudeville acts and one just happened to be backstage at that contest and used to get the show moving along.

Bringing back the Vaudeville hook would be an excellent idea.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2016, 07:50:39 AM »

😳

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2016, 08:02:54 AM »

Narrower than heath

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:15 AM »

Narrower than heath

Pointy tits of peace...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 08:17:00 AM »
IN JERSEY in the 90's if you could not win the overall in the state show you weren't ready,there were exceptions,,,beau matlock/craig Richardson looked high level at those shows already when u saw them it was like wtf looks like pro potential.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »
Remember to pay your dues.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »

We pulled a masters guy once during the night show posing routines .
Old dude was laying on his back , started humping up into the air and his left nut fell out of his trunks. 100% serious. :o
They quickly cut the lights and he walked off in darkness LOL.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 12:04:35 PM »
Howard, I've never witnessed anything quite that bad in any NPC/IFBB event but in them good old days when the only individuals who came to bodybuilding contest were family, friends, and various gym member die-hards...  (No magazine reps and just a couple of photographers!)

Those gym member die-hards would show up to support a fellow gym member no matter how bad he appeared on stage and they'd throw a few rotten tomatoes if the guy really looked bad but was from an opposing gym.

Those were the good old days ... but pretty damn weird good old days .... days when Mac Bachelor, Bill "Peanuts' West, George Frennand just about everyone else in attendance was reknown for lifting heavy things or robbing bonks and just about everything else in between.

Those were the days when you had to be somewhat 'crazy' to be involved as an avid lifter or avid fan.

Something very similar to what we are presently witnessing on this GetBig Board.

But maybe just a bit more civil way back then because no one accused anyone else of any adverse activity for fear of getting a short range punch in the nose.

But I will also admit that many back then simply loved getting hit in the face. In fact years ago (but not too many years ago) there was an internet site where strange people loved to get severely punched/beaten up by others.

So the world hasn't really changed that much.

Those old day activities seem to be somewhat contagious and a forecast of  things to come.