Author Topic: can a bodybuilder drink everyday  (Read 6570 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: can a bodybuilder drink everyday
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2018, 07:49:10 PM »
I drank almost daily and did every drug imaginable for around 33 years between periods of training after I hit bottom and I relapsed a lot and each time I hit bottom it was worse than the time before.

I overdosed 3 times on intravenous drugs and was pronounced dead of those 3 different occasions............... ..won over 60 trophies in both powerlifting and bodybuilding even though I had shit for genetics.

If you can drink socially,FINE...........if not and you are  showing signs that you are or are becoming an alcoholic quit now at any cost.

Off the top of my head, and I counted before this, I have lost around 150 people I knew to drugs,violence and alcohol.

Growing up in the ghetto with a woman beating alcoholic father gave me very little hope.

Bodybuilding literally saved my life............. as corny as it may sound to some of you guys here.....it kept me grounded and gave me goals.

Thanks for the post.i feel better everyday. I m focusing on lifting again. Ur right goals r everything
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »
Try having classical music in the background when you are sleeping.  Every night I have Sirius/XM radio on either Symphony Hall or Spa and I sleep like a baby.

I will give that a try
irongearco.com

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2018, 08:21:26 PM »
Thanks for the post.i feel better everyday. I m focusing on lifting again. Ur right goals r everything
Good luck to you my friend........one day at a time or even one minute at a time.

Stay busy and surround yourself with people who do not drink.

Happy Holidays bud!!  ;)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2018, 08:50:34 AM »
Good luck to you my friend........one day at a time or even one minute at a time.

Stay busy and surround yourself with people who do not drink.

Happy Holidays bud!!  ;)

Merry Christmas. Thank u. Last night being Saturday was hard...real hard. ..but i stayed home and watched 3 red box movies in a row.  Equalizer 2, the meg, 22. Thanks again for your encouragement
irongearco.com

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
I drank almost daily and did every drug imaginable for around 33 years between periods of training after I hit bottom and I relapsed a lot and each time I hit bottom it was worse than the time before.

I overdosed 3 times on intravenous drugs and was pronounced dead of those 3 different occasions............... ..won over 60 trophies in both powerlifting and bodybuilding even though I had shit for genetics.

If you can drink socially,FINE...........if not and you are  showing signs that you are or are becoming an alcoholic quit now at any cost.

Off the top of my head, and I counted before this, I have lost around 150 people I knew to drugs,violence and alcohol.

Growing up in the ghetto with a woman beating alcoholic father gave me very little hope.

Bodybuilding literally saved my life............. as corny as it may sound to some of you guys here.....it kept me grounded and gave me goals.

Hope for the best wes!

Merry christmas!
Q

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »

This is a great eye-opening post.

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2018, 02:01:54 PM »
 I agree a hundred percent, I was a real heavy drinker when I was young, even though I lifted I made no progress..thank God I cut way back on my drinking to concentrate on lifting..it saved my life too

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
signs i know i dont drink anymore..

i received 2 nice gifts from referral partners and i gave away a bottle whiskey and vodka.

just gave them away! -

Way to go!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2018, 02:06:53 PM »

Merry Christmas. Thank u. Last night being Saturday was hard...real hard. ..but i stayed home and watched 3 red box movies in a row.  Equalizer 2, the meg, 22. Thanks again for your encouragement

You are strong than you know. Congratulations.