Author Topic: Jordan Peters - big squat - wonder what his BP was..?  (Read 12389 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Jordan Peters - big squat - wonder what his BP was..?
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 02:14:33 PM »
Matt did you compete in Thunderbay's strongest man because of the attention or "fandom"? Or did you compete because you wanted to see find out what you were capable of, to find out how you strength measured against other competitors?

These are all "vanity"/self focused endeavors. The "fans" are minuscule. Even with its "popularity" being at an all time high most of these contests aren't attended unless there is some other event tied to it.

Its competition bro.

That's a good question, Dave D.  I was in the gym training alone starting in the year 2000, with no attention, because the Thunder Bay strength athletic scene didn't start until 2006, the "Thunder Bay's Strongest Man" strongman promotion itself didn't start until 2011 - celebrating contest #10 this year! - and social media wasn't a thing in the year 2000.

That being said, I can't say it hurt to be part of all the local social media surrounding the promotion.  The best part was, was that even though there was not a 170-lb class in Canada [under CAASA] starting in 2017, there were routinely 200-/210-/215-lb classes, and I would compete in these classes.  This allowed me to compete in TBSM to weights more suitable to my body size, and still get the local social benefits of competing in "Thunder Bay's Strongest Man".  ;D

And honestly - if you're deadlifting 475-lb and bench pressing 325-lb @170, it's not as if the average woman really knows the difference between the level you're at, and the 20-50 guys in town who are stronger.

In that sense, I got to enjoy the social media and fandom side of things, even at the local level.  ;D

In fairness, I won the CAASA Ontario Provincials in 2017 in the 170-lb class, and qualified for Nationals.  I didn't attend because I felt that I wasn't at my best at that time of the year, and didn't want to under-perform at my first Nationals.  But in general, I call myself a local competitor, since I don't want to diminish the guys who are at a higher level [especially those in the open weight class].

During my time competing, I got to be on the front page of the local newspaper twice [2015, 2017], and on the front page of the sports section once [2016]!  I also made the sports section in a background shot in 2010, and got in this piece in another local news outlet:

https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-sports/city-of-strength-398259

I enjoyed all of this quite a bit!  I know better than to compare myself to guys at a much higher level, but it was nice in 2015 when my mom showed up to my house with my kids, and my little girl came running to me with the paper and said "Daddy, you're in the news!"

Stuff like that really made it worth it!

That being said - I didn't start out with any intention to get any local or social media coverage, but it was a nice bonus.

But the thing is, Dave - I can't help but wonder if part of the reason why Ronnie is sort of destroying himself is because of all the Instagram Likes and positive comments.  He had 3.5 million followers on Instagram last I checked.

In a similar vein, I also can't help but to wonder if Ronnie would be doing what he is doing to his body if all that social media attention stopped one day.

To summarize this:

I didn't start for attention on social media, and I don't think most people start for that reason.  But I do wonder if part of why some guys push themselves to the highest level possible has anything to do with it.  Given how LITTLE some strongmen, powerlifters, bodybuilders, and even MMA/UFC fighters make [!], I would think something else is motivating them...but sometimes I stop and wonder.

And to be fair - I even worry about NFL players getting millions of dollars, now that we know about about long-term concussive trauma [CTE], and its potential long-term consequences, and impacts on longevity.

That - and I'm a major hypochondriac who overthinks everything, so take all this with a massive heaping of salt.  ;D

:)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »
Holy f*ck.

Brevity is NOT my thing.

tl;dr

I just can't help but think that the more we watch the Instagram videos of people like Ronnie, and "Like" them, and leave positive comments, the more he - and others like him - will continue destroying their bodies.

I could be wrong about this - I just worry.  Obviously, I fear for everyone's health!  Especially those in the industry.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2020, 06:21:19 PM »
That's a good question, Dave D.  I was in the gym training alone starting in the year 2000, with no attention, because the Thunder Bay strength athletic scene didn't start until 2006, the "Thunder Bay's Strongest Man" strongman promotion itself didn't start until 2011 - celebrating contest #10 this year! - and social media wasn't a thing in the year 2000.

That being said, I can't say it hurt to be part of all the local social media surrounding the promotion.  The best part was, was that even though there was not a 170-lb class in Canada [under CAASA] starting in 2017, there were routinely 200-/210-/215-lb classes, and I would compete in these classes.  This allowed me to compete in TBSM to weights more suitable to my body size, and still get the local social benefits of competing in "Thunder Bay's Strongest Man".  ;D

And honestly - if you're deadlifting 475-lb and bench pressing 325-lb @170, it's not as if the average woman really knows the difference between the level you're at, and the 20-50 guys in town who are stronger.

In that sense, I got to enjoy the social media and fandom side of things, even at the local level.  ;D

In fairness, I won the CAASA Ontario Provincials in 2017 in the 170-lb class, and qualified for Nationals.  I didn't attend because I felt that I wasn't at my best at that time of the year, and didn't want to under-perform at my first Nationals.  But in general, I call myself a local competitor, since I don't want to diminish the guys who are at a higher level [especially those in the open weight class].

During my time competing, I got to be on the front page of the local newspaper twice [2015, 2017], and on the front page of the sports section once [2016]!  I also made the sports section in a background shot in 2010, and got in this piece in another local news outlet:

I enjoyed all of this quite a bit!  I know better than to compare myself to guys at a much higher level, but it was nice in 2015 when my mom showed up to my house with my kids, and my little girl came running to me with the paper and said "Daddy, you're in the news!"

That being said - I didn't start out with any intention to get any local or social media coverage, but it was a nice bonus.

But the thing is, Dave - I can't help but wonder if part of the reason why Ronnie is sort of destroying himself is because of all the Instagram Likes and positive comments.  He had 3.5 million followers on Instagram last I checked.

In a similar vein, I also can't help but to wonder if Ronnie would be doing what he is doing to his body if all that social media attention stopped one day.

To summarize this:

I didn't start for attention on social media, and I don't think most people start for that reason.  But I do wonder if part of why some guys push themselves to the highest level possible has anything to do with it.  Given how LITTLE some strongmen, powerlifters, bodybuilders, and even MMA/UFC fighters make [!], I would think something else is motivating them...but sometimes I stop and wonder.

And to be fair - I even worry about NFL players getting millions of dollars, now that we know about about long-term concussive trauma [CTE], and its potential long-term consequences, and impacts on longevity.

That - and I'm a major hypochondriac who overthinks everything, so take all this with a massive heaping of salt.  ;D

Matt thanks for answering the question.

Im sure Ronnie Coleman would be doing his workouts with zero social media attention because working out is a huge part of his identity.  He loves the gym.  The competition with himself. He was always in the gym.
 Bodybuilding found him. He didnt search it out.

Think about that.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »
I would say his BP is approximately 120 over 70.

;D

T

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »
I know he has a reputation for honesty but the face mask explanation feels a bit of a reach - Google shows they've all got soft/rounded/cushioned edges - does he cut them off to make them sharp or something..?

I also seem to recall another young guy who was on heavy doses and started to get the 'heavy features' type of look... wonder if that was CPAP mask related too?  Who knew bodybuilders had such delicate faces...  ::)

It's not the mask, it's heavy GH abuse, gh enhances collagen production and thickens the skin, this becomes most noticeable in areas where there are folds, like the face......

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 09:30:36 PM »
I know he has a reputation for honesty but the face mask explanation feels a bit of a reach - Google shows they've all got soft/rounded/cushioned edges - does he cut them off to make them sharp or something..?

I also seem to recall another young guy who was on heavy doses and started to get the 'heavy features' type of look... wonder if that was CPAP mask related too?  Who knew bodybuilders had such delicate faces...  ::)

Derek from more plates more dates says his deep nasolabial folds were caused by the cpap machine.

At 6:45

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2020, 03:54:29 AM »
As for the original question, my guess 220/110 in the red zone... Should say purple...

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2020, 04:49:32 AM »

Jumbo palumbo says his heart attack and condition was predisposed, nothing to do with steroids

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2020, 05:22:20 AM »
Jumbo palumbo says his heart attack and condition was predisposed, nothing to do with steroids

Yeah palumbo has gone full retard on that one....and he keeps saying it  ???

Sure Dallas had genetic predisposition, but ten years minimum of continuous heavy steroid use and wrecked lipids that come with it are why he went down at 26! And not 46 or 56 or whatever.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 06:06:59 AM »

To summarize this:

Captain Thunder from Thunder Bay!

Captain America who?
Q

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2020, 06:15:13 AM »
Thunder Gay

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2020, 06:45:47 AM »
On a side note, anyone got a link to those squat straps he is holding?

I can not say these are the exact same straps, but here is a pair... A bit pricey.

In all honesty it looks like you could just use an extended length pair of regular wrist straps and wrap them around the bar and get the same effect

https://www.spud-inc-straps.com/the-safety-squat-bar-strap.html

C

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2020, 07:40:12 AM »
(2 year span)

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2020, 07:52:29 AM »
Derek from more plates more dates says his deep nasolabial folds were caused by the cpap machine.

At 6:45

The lighting is infinitely more flattering in the "after" combined with a different facial expression, so I'm not too sure.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2020, 07:57:47 AM »
How this sack of shit isn't already dead is a miracle!!!! Just a matter of time I guess....his hoards of nuthugging fans will chalk it up to something hereditary.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2020, 07:59:32 AM »
(2 year span)

Damn that’s a Hell of a Change in a 2yr span. !!!
I’m sure if he’d lost weight & drastically lowered dosages he’d of reversed some of that
Just how much we’ll Never Know.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2020, 08:01:17 AM »
How this sack of shit isn't already dead is a miracle!!!! Just a matter of time I guess....his hoards of nuthugging fans will chalk it up to something hereditary.

He’s a bright enough lad - I just think he don’t care.
Hard for him to really not know he’s pushing the Boat out.

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2020, 08:24:14 AM »
Great form.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2020, 09:49:07 AM »
He looks sixty years old at least

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2020, 10:15:53 AM »
Someone mentioned him recently in another thread so I thought I'd take a peek:  7 Feb squatting 7 and a half plates here...

Looking good for 31 years old.

Nice shade of purple (believe it's know as 'Boysenberry/Oxymethelone')

Anyone know if he is still associated in any way with RedCon1..?

(No I haven't tampered with the color saturation)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RfpezFcMc/

This is insane. I fear for his health.
O

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2020, 10:30:22 AM »
He looks sixty years old at least

That's one BIG STRONG LOOKING 60 YEAR OLD...lol
C

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2020, 10:48:41 AM »
This is insane. I fear for his health.

looks healthy  :-X

gotta wonder how much shit this guy is injecting

I'm guessing he will never admit dosages

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »
Thanks for posting that vid.  He's clearly an all around Big Dude.  Interesting when sometimes a guy that is clearly very low in bodyfat has kind of reduced ab separation...  ???

Also, I don't think Dracula would have any trouble getting a drink from JP - check out that carotid!

T

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2020, 12:36:32 PM »

I can not say these are the exact same straps, but here is a pair... A bit pricey.

In all honesty it looks like you could just use an extended length pair of regular wrist straps and wrap them around the bar and get the same effect

https://www.spud-inc-straps.com/the-safety-squat-bar-strap.html

Found a better image of them on the longer video of him here :

But still can't tell what kind they are.