Author Topic: Why the inflation rate isn't as bad as you think  (Read 3099 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Why the inflation rate isn't as bad as you think
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2022, 04:13:28 PM »
went to the store to buy some blue bell icecream for a cheatmeal, a year ago a gallon cost $3. Now the gallon is $9. 2 years ago my grocery trip would cost $75, now same exact trip ends up being $200 and I'm even cutting some stuff out and not buying everything I want

If the whole $200 is just groceries for one, maybe should eat less. That is assuming you shop fairly often.

I just checked the grocery category in Quicken... Weird, I actually spent less at the grocery store in the past 12 months than I did in the prior year (2020-2021).

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2022, 05:25:50 PM »
If the whole $200 is just groceries for one, maybe should eat less. That is assuming you shop fairly often.

I just checked the grocery category in Quicken... Weird, I actually spent less at the grocery store in the past 12 months than I did in the prior 12 year (2020-2021).

You're a man that likes to suck dick.....weird shit happens.  Maybe you consumed more free calories from jizz?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2022, 05:38:03 PM »
How is the price of eggs in your area compared to two years ago? In mine they’re up at least 50%.

Have gone from $3.00 to $3.50 a dozen to $5-5.50.

It has nothing to do with the decrepit Biden. The Fed increased the money supply by 30-50% depending on the metric.

I could get them from $.79 at Aldi's every week, or $1.29 max anywhere else.  Haven't been to Aldi's for a while as it is far away, and I buy too much shit I don't need every time.  If you've ever shopped there you know what I mean.

Anyway, prices at WalMart were $4.99 the other day, and $5.99.....everything I'm referring to is for a dozen btw.

Why is no one factoring in the price of diesel which is how things get to the shelves.  That was entirely Biden's fault.  Killed Keystone, and many drilling sites 1st day of his term.  Refuses to grant new permits, or re-open drilling in ANWAR.  Keystone would have cost $9/barrel to ship and been safer.  Now it's on the trucked, and shipped mostly on the rails which cost $29/barrel....Biden and Obama's old buddy Buffett is benefitting from that via UP and BNSF.  I don't why people admire him so much.  He's a greedy fuck, a tightwad, and an asshole in person.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2022, 05:41:39 PM »
So the last chicken my girl brought home grew up to be a rooster and now we need another coop and more chickens for Rooster number 2. She feeds them better than me but we get plenty of fresh eggs. I probably eat half a dozen a week.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2022, 05:46:28 PM »
You're a man that likes to suck dick.....weird shit happens.  Maybe you consumed more free calories from jizz?

And your a dumb shit that believes everything you read on Getbig.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2022, 05:50:01 PM »
And your a dumb shit that believes everything you read on Getbig.

OK, Pot!

Signed,
Kettle

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2022, 06:04:09 PM »
My point was, I believe the rapid fuel cost rise is almost as big, if not as big, as the printing of money as a driver of inflation.

Fuel costs drive everything.

We've had price escalations in the millions for projects currently under construction.

People forget that just because it doesn't affect you, that it doesn't affect the entire market.

The 3rd largest builder in my state just laid off 30% of its workforce.

I hope people are happy.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2022, 07:19:07 PM »
Annualized rate?

LOL

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2022, 07:28:38 PM »
I bought 5 king beds for our new house back in 2021 and had them in storage during the build.

I get special pricing as we stay at the resort where we bought them from for 2.5k each. Buy one today and it’s 6k…….

Today a family member was talking about China and said they need us but we need them because who else will buy our minerals…… I said this is why you are going to be eating crickets.

Kind of perplexing to me that people think they will eat crickets whilst driving a Tesla each as if this is progress. Nobody seems to correlate eating crickets with life going massively backwards, I would think that would be the first connection one would make…..

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2022, 07:33:05 AM »
Annualized rate?

LOL

And now about 20,000 highly paid leftists fucks in the tech world with high paying jobs just got shit canned at FTX, Meta, Twitter, etc.  With Zillow and Redfin already announcing more.  These incomes in the top 5-10% who along with the ones ahead of them in income, pay the majority of income tax.  Enjoy waiting 3-6 months for that 1st $1200 monthly unemployment check, trying to tell your next boss you deserve to work from home and will except nothing less, and demand free breakfast and lunch.   ::)