Author Topic: Disturbing.........  (Read 5535 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Disturbing.........
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 07:35:32 AM »
yes at this point no.  We can't get out of this.  But in the eyes of most of the world we were very justified in invading Afghanistan.  Even blatant radicals would have had problems denying that.  But we got greedy and lost credibility in the eys of the world by invading Iraq.  And now we have made a very big mess of things.

Who is responsible?

the man at the top:  BUSH.

I disagree.  Terrorists, many parts of the Arab world, and some Americans (e.g. 240) did not support our invasion of Afghanistan.

And in my view, Bush is responsible for the war, along with other world leaders, and all of those in Congress, Republicans and Democrats, who told the world that Saddam was a threat. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 09:16:41 AM »
I disagree.  Terrorists, many parts of the Arab world, and some Americans (e.g. 240) did not support our invasion of Afghanistan.

Perhaps.

And in my view, Bush is responsible for the war, along with other world leaders, and all of those in Congress, Republicans and Democrats, who told the world that Saddam was a threat. 

Bush was the main driving force and had the final say so.  He's the most responsible.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 09:51:57 AM »
Perhaps.

Bush was the main driving force and had the final say so.  He's the most responsible.

The buck stops with the Commander in Chief when it comes to military action, but the way Bush has been demonized for the war is just crazy IMO.  An absolute attempt to rewrite history.