Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Powerlifting / Strongman

Q&A WITH POWERLIFTING LEGEND VINCE ANELLO

(1/9) > >>

QuakerOats:
don't know if you guys have noticed but the Great Vince Anello has joined Getbig and ok'd a Q and A thread, i feel it's a great thing to have a powerlifting legend like Vince on board so everybody give him a shout out and ask away.

QuakerOats:
i guess i'll start, Vince, what exercises do you feel helped that huge deadlift of yours the most and how did you train for that lift?

vince anello:
I had my Biggest success with negative accentuated deadlifts.I took the bar of pins in Power rack,did a slow negative ,and an a regular positive.I also did partials from a Powerrack.I added 50 lb over last single ,and did a single from 1 in below knee.I then added another 50 lb and single at middle of knee.In the dead ,I cycled singles rathe than reps.I also did drives from floor to pins and isometric holds.The bar was pulled to just below knee and held for about 6 sec against pin. to develop the start(Usually 3 singles)Weights varied .I also found that partial squats helped my Deadlift.I trained deadlift once a week or every ten days.I found the stronger I got more rest needed.I also,on alternate days liked Lat Pulls and Hypers to develop the deadlifting muscles

www.americanstrengthlege nds.com

QuakerOats:
thanks Vince, how did you set up your bench press training and what were some of your favorite assistance movments for it?

vince anello:
I found that partial benches always helpd.After my last set I would place a 2in board on my chest for a sincle(usually 10 l b over my top pondagefor day)Then 2 2in boards for another single.I would keep adding boards and weight til I was just doing a lockout.For the start I would have a training partner hold their hand a few inches over my chest and drive the bar off chest for a 6 sec iso hold.I also did Tri Presses,Incline presses,and other exercises to develop muscles used directly in benching and also Stabilizing muscles like bicep curls and Lat Pulls(Developed Lats Where a Great Foundation for a strong bench)

I trained recently at a Power Gym New age Training ,Chains ,bands,ect I always wondered what I could have done with this new technology!!! ???

www.americanstrengthlege nds.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version