Author Topic: Shoes  (Read 1538 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Shoes
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:32:30 PM »
I got my new shoes this weekend and have tried them on and worn them a bit...I bought the addidas adistar which is what Rip recommnded.  They feel so different, heavy and rigid and flat, I am excited to see how I like lifting in them.  My question is how should they fit?  I ordered them in a smaller size then I would running shoes and they are a bit of a tight fit.  In running shoes I like a thumbnail worth of legnth between the end of the shoe and the end of my toes but with these my toe is nearly touching the front.  They aren't uncomfortable it just isn't what I am used to although this is what my snowboarding boots fit like... Is this ok?

Jennifer

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Re: Shoes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »
The fit is fine. They should be tight so there can be no movement of the foot inside the shoe. Not so important in bench but if you have to walk out a squat (or use a wide stance), tighter is better. For the DL you might as well just take them off.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 05:24:50 AM »
They sound like they will be OK as long as they don't give you blisters or hurt alot.  Give them a whirl and see what you think.  They should definitely be snug.  Mine are quite snug, and sometimes if I tie them too tight, they hurt the top of my feet but they are fine if loosened a little.

You will love the stability you get from them when you squat.  I love the stability I get from them when I bench as well.

:)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:49:20 AM »
I got my new shoes this weekend and have tried them on and worn them a bit...I bought the addidas adistar which is what Rip recommnded.  They feel so different, heavy and rigid and flat, I am excited to see how I like lifting in them.  My question is how should they fit?  I ordered them in a smaller size then I would running shoes and they are a bit of a tight fit.  In running shoes I like a thumbnail worth of legnth between the end of the shoe and the end of my toes but with these my toe is nearly touching the front.  They aren't uncomfortable it just isn't what I am used to although this is what my snowboarding boots fit like... Is this ok?

how do you like em?  have you squatted in them yet?  im going to pick up a pair myself and i want to know what you thought.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:53:58 AM »
how do you like em?  have you squatted in them yet?  im going to pick up a pair myself and i want to know what you thought.

wait a minute.  are those running shoes?  i thought you were talkin about weightlifting shoes.