Author Topic: Richard Jones has official retired from competitive pro bodybuilding  (Read 41440 times)

Stavios

Re: Richard Jones has official retired from competitive pro bodybuilding
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2007, 04:59:05 PM »
I'm glad we all agree that bodybuilding sucks so bad..

I wonder why everybody wants to get big muscles..

it's not about the muscles, it's about the personality

most bbers are insecures attention whores

hope this helps

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2007, 05:02:17 PM »
I'm glad we all agree that bodybuilding sucks so bad..

I wonder why everybody wants to get big muscles..

I watched the superheros cartoons as akid.  I didnt know you could actually look like that until i saw a bb in a mall.....it was amazing.   I went home and asked my mom what do i do to get like that??     She bought me a plastic/cement weight set and off i went at 13yrs old.

I competed at 16 and took all the trophys in my first comp.   I was hooked, but i wish someone had directed my energys into football or something......

Richard Jones

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • VALHALLA
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »
Richard allegedly got caught with some winstrol tabs when flying back or out of Orange County some years back....

Oh really Alex? This is news to me!!! First time I've ever heard about it. And if that were true, then how come I have a badge and a gun and drive a 'black & white' everyday??? Cook that one in your pipe!

Man, it's been a LONG time since I have visited/read Getbig! But if I can remember correctly, it doesn't seem to have changed much.

Anyway, to clear the air.....YES, I will NO longer be participating in competitive bodybuilding. And since Getbig seems to be the 'eye' of the storm when it comes to rumors, let me just tell you...I have NO health issues what-so-ever, NO injuries of any kind or whatever else can be generated from such an exit. I love and always will love bodybuilding. I will always train and eat right as long as I'm physically able to. But my life and priorities have taken shape for a different future.

Bodybuilding has given me a lot of opportunities that otherwise I would not have had. I started competing when I was 18 and it has instilled discipline, drive and the will to win. And because of that, I was awarded "pro status" in 2003. I could have walked away then and been satisfied with my accomplishments. I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this, but just merely competing in the 2004 solidified my career and exceeded my goals. Would I ever had been crowned "Mr. Olympia"??? No way! I knew that coming in. And I certainly wasn't going to kill myself trying to chase something that simply wasn't going to happen. I'm ok with that. VERY ok.

Since then, I have completed my MBA, I have a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend, an awesome dog, a fun and exciting job and a nice roof over my head. Most importantly, I am in excellent health! It's all good and only going to get better. 

But thanks for all the support and compliments! The true fans is what I'll miss the most!

What's the saying around here? "Hope this helps"!!

P.S. I don't read the boards and I don't plan on doing so or responding after this. So just consider it my final farewell.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »
Richard your physique is what bodybuilding is all about. No matter your current ventures you will always be an inspiration to anybody who ever touches a weight. Best of luck to ya brother. 
-

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2007, 06:34:50 PM »
Do you have any juice left over?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »
Oh really Alex? This is news to me!!! First time I've ever heard about it. And if that were true, then how come I have a badge and a gun and drive a 'black & white' everyday??? Cook that one in your pipe!

What about the incident Craig Titus talked about? Where did that originate?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2007, 06:48:01 PM »
Richard, why do so many cops commit felonys and use steroids????   This is a bad message for the kids on the streets.

While you arrest them for meth, you have a needle hanging out of your delt. :-[

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2007, 07:25:33 PM »

Man, it's been a LONG time since I have visited/read Getbig! But if I can remember correctly, it doesn't seem to have changed much.

Anyway, to clear the air.....YES, I will NO longer be participating in competitive bodybuilding. And since Getbig seems to be the 'eye' of the storm when it comes to rumors, let me just tell you...I have NO health issues what-so-ever, NO injuries of any kind or whatever else can be generated from such an exit. I love and always will love bodybuilding. I will always train and eat right as long as I'm physically able to. But my life and priorities have taken shape for a different future.

Bodybuilding has given me a lot of opportunities that otherwise I would not have had. I started competing when I was 18 and it has instilled discipline, drive and the will to win. And because of that, I was awarded "pro status" in 2003. I could have walked away then and been satisfied with my accomplishments. I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this, but just merely competing in the 2004 solidified my career and exceeded my goals. Would I ever had been crowned "Mr. Olympia"??? No way! I knew that coming in. And I certainly wasn't going to kill myself trying to chase something that simply wasn't going to happen. I'm ok with that. VERY ok.

Since then, I have completed my MBA, I have a BEAUTIFUL girlfriend, an awesome dog, a fun and exciting job and a nice roof over my head. Most importantly, I am in excellent health! It's all good and only going to get better. 

But thanks for all the support and compliments! The true fans is what I'll miss the most!

P.S. I don't read the boards and I don't plan on doing so or responding after this. So just consider it my final farewell.

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Good for you Richard.

Now that you have finished bodybuilding you should apply for a position on the next series of the Apprentice. They would love it to have a former Mr USA on board competing.

Stavios

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Richard, thanks for taking the time to answer the fans ( You may not be awared of this but you have a lot of fans. Yes ! Even here at getbig !  :) )
Even if I love to see you onstage, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we COMPLETLY respect your decision and we wish you good luck in whatever projects you have at the moment

you will always be remembered as an all-time great even if your career in the pro rank was a little bit short

your fan
Steve !

Alex23

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Sorry man, didn't want to start any shit or any bad rumors. I'm very glad to hear that it was all bullshit, ironically, I'm pretty sure I've read those idiocies on here.

I've admired you from your NPC days until your vanishing act and it's was kind of a blow to see you go to be honest.

I don't think you're retiring for good however; you shifted your priorites for a while to accomplish something beyond but it'll bite again.

Once you settle down, stabilize into that "new stage of life" you're in, it'll come up  ;D

You still in Orange?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2007, 10:11:20 AM »

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

You can still visit the Pet Board

Come & Check out Getbig's Pet Board
News, Nutrition/Healthcare, & Gossip
A place to talk about pets & animals

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=59.0

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
Re: RICHARD JONES HAS RETIRED FROM PRO / COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDING
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2007, 10:17:53 AM »
yep, still training but no interest in competing. 8)

What percent of weight lifters actually compete in BB contests?

I say less than 3%.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2007, 12:50:47 PM »

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

bodybuilding will miss you, jones
Get Big, or Die Trying

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
BON HOMME RICHARD!

oh dear, wasn't that Napoleon's ships name too! :)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2007, 01:55:44 PM »
i go to shows to see these people you condemn

more drugs!!!

I know, I am dumb , I just want the pros to stay healthy and out of jail...silly me, what was I thinking hehe
I guess that makes me a horrible fan huh?
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Stavios

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2007, 07:40:58 PM »
What percent of weight lifters actually compete in BB contests?

I say less than 3%.
WTF? More like 0, 000001% or less

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2007, 08:14:13 PM »
Richard Jones is a bodybuilding success story.

End of Thread
L

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
it's not about the muscles, it's about the personality

most bbers are insecures attention whores

hope this helps

The pros are.

People like you and I probably do it because we love it.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:47 PM »
The pros are.

People like you and I probably do it because we love it.

anybody that consistently lifts weights is probably an attention whore to some extent

all humans have insecurities

E
E

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2007, 08:43:16 PM »
anybody that consistently lifts weights is probably an attention whore to some extent

all humans have insecurities

E

No, I love it!  >:(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2007, 09:34:13 PM »

Sincerely,

Richard Jones

Most on getbig would love to trade places with you on all accounts. Educated, champion bber who had REALISTIC GOALS.  A true class act. Dude had one of the top physiques from 2003 and on.  No hating on this guy, congrats and you deserve everything positive in life...

Fellow pros you need to take notes on this post, get an education instead of selling you assests for G4P.

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2007, 09:58:43 PM »

Sincerely,

Richard Jones
Please Rocco leave the door half open and not closed to coming back even if its 1 show in two years.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: RICHARD JONES HAS RETIRED FROM PRO / COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDING
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2007, 01:08:08 AM »
Million dollar smile, body and brains.  :)

Damn, you're a schmoe.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2007, 01:12:28 AM »

Thanks for coming to give us a final sign-off.

Farewell, young friend, and all the best to you and yours.

-Tre' Scott