Author Topic: Sami The Black-smith, could he win the big one??  (Read 9273 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Sami The Black-smith, could he win the big one??
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 05:17:10 AM »
whatever

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 05:24:40 AM »
And also, i think it is interesting that Heath even acknowledges Sami as bodybuilder with talent.

I think the future looks exciting, knowing that the likes of Heath and Sami, will one day be battling it out on an Olympia stage!  Well, at least i hope that is the case.

Bottom line, bodybuilding is the winner, if these two individuals are the future.

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »
first of all THANKS to Hank Wood and i am glad i have people backing me up like that ;)
PORKY dont tell any one all what we chat about ;D its GETBIG here ;)
Tony b. THANKS
Sandra. see u this year in NY...
Steelepages: So kind of u

THIS year i changed alot....for sure i am not playing the size game but i will come Complete from all angles...
yes i couldnt BEAT LEE last year but i believe that no one can reach step 10 from day one... i did NY and was 3rd then UK i was 2nd plus i was draw with LEE in 2 round in the judging sheet... i can make sure of one thing,,, i will WIN one of PDI shows this year if NOT most of them!! with all do respect for all PDI athletes , with OR with out LEE in there :o  i know my limitation and i know what i can do if i come with 100% condition

i learned from this sport that there are lots of haters when u show up on the Pro ranks and they turn to LOVE u when u when u beat their MAN ;D  like what happen to Ronnie C. befor he was like GOD on getbig, since he lost they made him look like the OLD man who should be out of this sport long time ago..its a shame! when he WIN again they will be kissing his ass again :-*

regarding the PDI and IFBB... i have been approached by the local IFBB to be back but sound its not working coz i cant keep both PDI and IFBB plus they r putting very hard condition that cant secure my future! so why would i go back if i have to risk!!!

BOB C. is a Great man and was there for me when i asked for his help.... THANKS bob...

So far PDI where i belong even thu they have very small connection with me and as LEE said in his Radio interview that we dont get contact regularly so we can be updated but ITS FINE with me so far.....

i will be starting my prep. for the Europe tour LATE coz i am already in good shape and didnt go to high with my weight like some other bodybuilders, all what i need is to drop 5-7 pounds...to make sure to beat LEE i will drop 10 pounds  ;D

some of Last year Pics.....

~ The Black Smith ~

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 01:28:40 PM »
Sami looks amazing and will do very well in bbing.  As for the gay comments. they come from the typical loosers on this board...

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
Sami has some killer genes.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 02:03:27 PM »
Sami has some killer genes.

Sami just PM'd me, said he's too shy to ask you directly - he wants to know if you want him to "inject" you with some of his genetics?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 02:04:30 PM »
Sami just PM'd me, said he's too shy to ask you directly, but he wants to know if he can "inject" you with some of his genetics?

You haven't changed, have you?

Where's Diesel when you need him?

Sami The Black-smith

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • You dont have to be the BIGGEST to be the BEST!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 02:06:59 PM »
Sami just PM'd me, said he's too shy to ask you directly - he wants to know if you want him to "inject" you with some of his genetics?

Did i PM you  ;D

Camel jokey:  Thanks for the comment :-*
~ The Black Smith ~

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 02:08:53 PM »
Did i PM you  ;D

Camel jokey:  Thanks for the comment :-*

Np, mate. You look great!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 02:15:08 PM »
haha :D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 02:21:58 PM »
Sami is what bodybuilding is all about imo. His phsique speaks for itself.  I think his potential is unlimited, and success in bbing is determined  on how far he wants to go with it.
-

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »
sami's gonna be 60 or 70k richer from the October PDI shows alone.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 03:33:55 PM »
sami's gonna be 60 or 70k richer from the October PDI shows alone.

You got that right. He is the only person left in the pdi now :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2007, 03:37:43 PM »
You got that right. He is the only person left in the pdi now :-\

To American fans, you're right.  But guys like Frey have a decent following overseas. 

Sami is likely to earn more money in October than all but 5 or 6 bodybuilders in the world.  PDI might not be the answer for many, but if you're a guy like Sami, it might be money city. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2007, 04:10:17 PM »
Sami is likely to earn more money in October than all but 5 or 6 bodybuilders in the world.  PDI might not be the answer for many, but if you're a guy like Sami, it might be money city. 

How the fuck do you know this? I know you said "likely", but it still seems a stupid thing to say.

Are bodybuilders so rich that they're forced to IPO themselves and divulge their earnings publically? ???

Or have you "hacked" into the top bodybuilders in the world and read their tax returns? ???

Or do they tell you how much they earn during your "man handling" sessions? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2007, 04:15:32 PM »
How the fuck do you know this? I know you said "likely", but it still seems a stupid thing to say.

I thank you for your response, Nordic.  Here is how I reached my conclusion:

I believe Priest earned $60k in winning the 2 PDI shows, the NOC in NYC, and the UK NYC.  The PDI has 4 or 5 shows scheduled for Oct 2007.   Sami is the favorite in each of these shows.  While they might have smaller purses, (10k?), it's likely Sami will win the two NOCs and 2-3 smaller shows at 10k a pop.

Now, we know the Olympia prize money from 2006 -
Prize Money: The total prize money for the Mr. Olympia contest has increased from $480,000 to $546,000 this year. First place: $155,000. Second: $90,000. Third: 60,000. Fourth: $48,000. Fifth: $38,000. Sixth: $30,000. Seventh: $18,000. Eighth: $17,000. Ninth: $16,000. Tenth: $14,000. Eleventh and lower: $4,000 each. (The combined total prize money for the Mr., Ms., Figure and Fitness Olympia competitions is $725,000.)

Let's say Sami earns $50k in October alone (a very safe, conservative estimate).

How many IFBB guys will earn $50k in October?

I was referring to prize monies won in the month.  I await your response as to why I was wrong.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »
Or do they tell you how much they earn during your "man handling" sessions? ???

That was a crass thing to bring into an otherwise good debate. 

In the month of October 2007, PDI is a very good payoff for Sami, should he choose to take it.  I am confused that some argue it.  Sure, PDI isn't for many.  Is it good for sami in lee's absence?  Yep.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2007, 04:21:32 PM »
speculate how much they make during the private sessions 240 :)  we're listening...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
I thank you for your response, Nordic.  Here is how I reached my conclusion:

I believe Priest earned $60k in winning the 2 PDI shows, the NOC in NYC, and the UK NYC.  The PDI has 4 or 5 shows scheduled for Oct 2007.   Sami is the favorite in each of these shows.  While they might have smaller purses, (10k?), it's likely Sami will win the two NOCs and 2-3 smaller shows at 10k a pop.

Now, we know the Olympia prize money from 2006 -
Prize Money: The total prize money for the Mr. Olympia contest has increased from $480,000 to $546,000 this year. First place: $155,000. Second: $90,000. Third: 60,000. Fourth: $48,000. Fifth: $38,000. Sixth: $30,000. Seventh: $18,000. Eighth: $17,000. Ninth: $16,000. Tenth: $14,000. Eleventh and lower: $4,000 each. (The combined total prize money for the Mr., Ms., Figure and Fitness Olympia competitions is $725,000.)

Let's say Sami earns $50k in October alone (a very safe, conservative estimate).

How many IFBB guys will earn $50k in October?

I was referring to prize monies won in the month.  I await your response as to why I was wrong.

You're discussing numbers, and doing estimations, I think that's perfectly fine.

Also, you got a degree in business, so you're pretty familiar with this stuff:

Three questions:

1. How much publicity does PDI get in the magazines and other media outlets in comparison to IFBB?

2. How do you think it would affect Sami's chances on getting potential sponsors, with above question in mind?

3. In your expert opinion, all things considered, price money, media exposure, future earnings et al...

Where should Sami compete?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 04:25:16 PM »
Presenting half truths as near facts again I see 240... interesting!

We could speculate all day, maybe you're accurate, maybe your not, but at the end of the day... 911 wasn't an inside job! :D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »
Presenting half truths as near facts again I see 240... interesting!

We could speculate all day, maybe you're accurate, maybe your not, but at the end of the day... 911 wasn't an inside job! :D

pretty funny that you're using 911 as a red herring for an argument in BBing! 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 04:30:11 PM »
pretty funny that you're using 911 as a red herring for an argument in BBing! 

No a red herring, it's just that neither of us have anything definitive on the topic.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 04:31:24 PM »
I don't give a shyt if Sami isn't in the IFBB or hasn't beaten anybody worthy. I will say this, and I might get a lot of heat from you guys, but I think Sami has one of the most complete physiques in the history of bodybuilding.

Not a very big list either: Shawn, Flex, Kevin, young Ronnie, Sergio, Phil Heath, Victor + a few more guys.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »
No quad separation (at any bodyweight) No calves. 
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2007, 04:32:36 PM »
1. How much publicity does PDI get in the magazines and other media outlets in comparison to IFBB?
2. How do you think it would affect Sami's chances on getting potential sponsors, with above question in mind?
3. In your expert opinion, all things considered, price money, media exposure, future earnings et al...Where should Sami compete?

1. minimal coverage in mags.  but their local show attendance comes from local advertising.  WD papered downtown NYC and got 1450 people in the chairs at the 06 NOC for the mens finals.  If I recall correctly, all the  press in the world couldn't fill 6 rows for the mens finals at a recent show... I can't recall the name...  

2. negatively, maybe.  however he's not an IFBB guy who crossed over.  who knows.  

3. depends on sami's goals.  If he plans to compete for 5-7 more years, then by all means, hit the IFBB and get busy.  If he plans on competing `-1 more years, then maybe PDI is the answer.  If short-term needs say 50-80k in October is what he desires, then PDI.  If a sustainable career in IFBB is his career, then hit IFBB and get busy.  All depends on the man's goals.   In theory, he should be able to cash in on the priest absense and make a fortune in Oct 07 with PDI, then go pro with IFBB and take top 3 at the arnold classic in 2008.   IMO that's the way to go.  I don't see it as betraying ifbb or burning bridges, as he was never given a pro card.