Author Topic: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory  (Read 110776 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2021, 02:49:25 AM »
They must really miss Trump.
That's why their main story is still the "Insurrection." ;D They can't let go.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #301 on: December 24, 2021, 12:57:23 PM »
That's why their main story is still the "Insurrection." ;D They can't let go.
It amazes me at the gym they have about 20 TV's.  CNN and MSNBC seems like they allows are still talking about Trump. Just can't let him go.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #302 on: December 24, 2021, 03:28:43 PM »
It amazes me at the gym they have about 20 TV's.  CNN and MSNBC seems like they allows are still talking about Trump. Just can't let him go.

As long as the gyms keep the remotes behind the front counter and people get stuck in airports, CNN will always have an audience.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2021, 02:54:56 AM »
His election created the biggest meltdown ever.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2021, 03:41:26 PM »
As long as the gyms keep the remotes behind the front counter and people get stuck in airports, CNN will always have an audience.
QFT

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #305 on: January 10, 2022, 11:19:55 AM »
News Dominates Ratings on One Year Anniversary of Jan. 6, While MSNBC and CNN Trail
By Mediaite Staff
Jan 7th, 2022
https://www.mediaite.com/daily-ratings/fox-news-dominates-ratings-on-one-year-anniversary-of-jan-6-while-msnbc-and-cnn-trail/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2022, 02:42:46 PM »
News Dominates Ratings on One Year Anniversary of Jan. 6, While MSNBC and CNN Trail
By Mediaite Staff
Jan 7th, 2022
https://www.mediaite.com/daily-ratings/fox-news-dominates-ratings-on-one-year-anniversary-of-jan-6-while-msnbc-and-cnn-trail/

So does FOX have any competition? What other cable networks cater to the conservative right?

Fox News Is NOT News: Network's Own Ads Label Its Programming As 'Entertainment'

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/14/1620475/-Fox-News-Is-NOT-News-Network-s-Own-Ads-Label-Its-Programming-As-Entertainment

Fox News is special. It has received no awards of any sort (see credibility chart at bottom). The network was specifically founded by Roger Ailes for those who do not listen to the mainstream media.

Below is a list of the so-called mainstream media stations.
PBS
CBS
ABC
NBC
NPR
CNN
HBO
BBC
CNBC
MSNBC
Bloomberg
APTN (same as AP)
PBS (technically not broadcast media)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »
So does FOX have any competition? What other cable networks cater to the conservative right?

Fox News Is NOT News: Network's Own Ads Label Its Programming As 'Entertainment'

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/1/14/1620475/-Fox-News-Is-NOT-News-Network-s-Own-Ads-Label-Its-Programming-As-Entertainment

Fox News is special. It has received no awards of any sort (see credibility chart at bottom). The network was specifically founded by Roger Ailes for those who do not listen to the mainstream media.

Below is a list of the so-called mainstream media stations.
PBS
CBS
ABC
NBC
NPR
CNN
HBO
BBC
CNBC
MSNBC
Bloomberg
APTN (same as AP)
PBS (technically not broadcast media)

Their competition is all of the media outlets you mentioned.  They have shown, pretty conclusively, that they are better than the competition. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2022, 07:21:39 PM »
FOX News Channel Makes Cable News History as the First Network to Rank Number One for 20 Consecutive Years
February 2, 2022
https://www.yahoo.com/now/fox-news-channel-makes-cable-191300529.html

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2022, 03:13:14 AM »
FOX News Channel Makes Cable News History as the First Network to Rank Number One for 20 Consecutive Years
February 2, 2022
https://www.yahoo.com/now/fox-news-channel-makes-cable-191300529.html
I'm sure the MSM will give them an achievement award for this accomplishment. ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2022, 07:34:12 PM »
Fox News viewership demolishes CNN, MSNBC combined for 25th straight week
CNN’s struggling primetime lineup was outdrawn by 17 different basic cable offerings
By Brian Flood | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-demolishes-cnn-msnbc-combined-25th-straight-week

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2022, 05:25:17 PM »
The purge.

CNN Boss Chris Licht Warns Anxious Staffers Over “More Changes” After Axing Of ‘Reliable Sources’ And Exit Of Brian Stelter
By Dominic Patten, Ted Johnson
August 19, 2022
https://deadline.com/2022/08/cnn-firings-brian-stelter-chris-licht-john-malone-warner-bros-discovery-1235096292/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2022, 05:33:33 PM »
Their competition is all of the media outlets you mentioned.  They have shown, pretty conclusively, that they are better than the competition.

All the media outlets listed in my post are in competition with each other for the same audience. How many Cable News or News outlets compete for the conservative right audience?

When was the last time you watched CNN or subscribed to any of the others on that list. When do you suppose was the last time The Coach did... probably never.

What you claim is similar to saying baseball competes with tennis and figure skating. Each of these have separate audiences.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: August 19, 2022, 05:39:59 PM »
All the media outlets listed in my post are in competition with each other for the same audience. How many Cable News or News outlets compete for the conservative right audience?

When was the last time you watched CNN or subscribed to any of the others on that list. When do you suppose was the last time The Coach did... probably never.

What you claim is similar to saying baseball competes with tennis and figure skating. Each of these have separate audiences.

That's not true at all.  They are all competing for the same audience and Fox is and always has been beating them like a drum. 

I don't subscribe to anything.  I will never pay for news or commentary.  But I have watched a lot of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News.  Fox News is simply better.  Smarter hosts.  Funnier hosts.  More honest hosts.  Better looking hosts.  That's why they destroy the competition. 

I don't really watch much TV anymore.  I catch Tucker Carlson every now and then, but I have watched enough of all of them (Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, etc.) to have an informed opinion.  How about you?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2022, 01:44:04 AM »
That's not true at all.  They are all competing for the same audience and Fox is and always has been beating them like a drum. 

I don't subscribe to anything.  I will never pay for news or commentary.  But I have watched a lot of CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News.  Fox News is simply better.  Smarter hosts.  Funnier hosts.  More honest hosts.  Better looking hosts.  That's why they destroy the competition. 

I don't really watch much TV anymore.  I catch Tucker Carlson every now and then, but I have watched enough of all of them (Rachel Maddow, Don Lemon, etc.) to have an informed opinion.  How about you?
This^ Everything Fox does is better than their competitors.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2022, 01:24:25 PM »

Believe what you chose. I know people who never watch any news channel except FOX and often have it on 100% of the time. They are conservative folks. I also know other people who are more liberal who refuse to watch FOX because it they believe it is totally biased to the right.

The main commonality between these diverse groups of people is that they all watch television. Only with respect to this, are various programs competing with one another for the same audience.

An almost exclusive viewership is not uncommon for many networks and cable shows because they intentionally cater to people's specific interests. 99% of the time, my late wife watched Food Network cooking shows because that was what interested her. She never watched daytime TV dramas.

It is also true that sponsorship is often geared to those targeted interests. Afterall, it is the commercials that pay for the shows production costs and provide the profits.

Note, you took the use of the term subscribe too literally. While it usually means have a paid subscription, it also means being favorably disposed. As in, I subscribe to your sentiments.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: August 23, 2022, 12:06:06 AM »
Believe what you chose. I know people who never watch any news channel except FOX and often have it on 100% of the time. They are conservative folks. I also know other people who are more liberal who refuse to watch FOX because it they believe it is totally biased to the right.

The main commonality between these diverse groups of people is that they all watch television. Only with respect to this, are various programs competing with one another for the same audience.

An almost exclusive viewership is not uncommon for many networks and cable shows because they intentionally cater to people's specific interests. 99% of the time, my late wife watched Food Network cooking shows because that was what interested her. She never watched daytime TV dramas.

It is also true that sponsorship is often geared to those targeted interests. Afterall, it is the commercials that pay for the shows production costs and provide the profits.

Note, you took the use of the term subscribe too literally. While it usually means have a paid subscription, it also means being favorably disposed. As in, I subscribe to your sentiments.

I believe the facts.  Networks are competing for the same audience.  What you said makes no sense. 

But you said this:  "When was the last time you watched CNN or subscribed to any of the others on that list."  I answered you.  When was the last time you watched Fox News and if so, which programs? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2022, 06:56:44 PM »
A common refrain:  host with successful show on Fox News leaves for liberal network.  New show on liberal network either fails or ratings tank.  Happened to Megyn Kelly, Shephard Smith, Greta Van Susteran, and others. 

Chris Wallace’s New Show on CNN Bombs
By: Jason Walsh
September 27, 2022
https://www.dailyfetched.com/chris-wallaces-new-show-on-cnn-bombs/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2022, 08:46:51 PM »
A common refrain:  host with successful show on Fox News leaves for liberal network.  New show on liberal network either fails or ratings tank.  Happened to Megyn Kelly, Shephard Smith, Greta Van Susteran, and others. 

Chris Wallace’s New Show on CNN Bombs
By: Jason Walsh
September 27, 2022
https://www.dailyfetched.com/chris-wallaces-new-show-on-cnn-bombs/
Good, because Chris sucks.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2022, 02:43:53 AM »
Good, because Chris sucks.
These people who leave Fox all seem to bomb. They don't realize that people watch them because they are on Fox News and will not follow them other places. Meghan Kelly is example #1.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2022, 01:20:56 PM »
These people who leave Fox all seem to bomb. They don't realize that people watch them because they are on Fox News and will not follow them other places. Meghan Kelly is example #1.
Exactly. At least Meghan was something good to look at.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2022, 11:13:49 PM »
So Toobin gets suspended 8 months for choking his chicken on Zoom and Ham gets a 7 month suspension for talking about it.  Helps explain why CNN is garbage.

In the Age of Quiet Quitting, I Was Quiet Suspended, And I Can't Shut Up About It
On Toobin's wake, professionalism, and the lessons I thought we learned in #MeToo
Mary Katharine Ham
Oct 6

Subscribe: "Getting Hammered" podcast!

People ask me these days if I’m still on TV. The answer is: not really. So, where have I been? What happened to this formerly visible part of my career?

It came to my attention in July that I had been punished under old CNN leadership— kept off air since January— for tweeting about Jeffrey Toobin in a Twitter dust-up with Andrew Kaczynski (another CNN employee) regarding our network's coverage of the 2017 Congressional baseball shooting.

You can read about that Twitter fight, here, which — although it got heated and brought in ugly trolling from others — remained basically above board between Kaczynski and me and resulted in no bad blood, as far as I knew, and as I assessed in an after-action debrief over private messages. I suppose some might reasonably conclude that critiquing CNN's coverage in a factual and calm tweet, or arguing with Kaczynski, could have spurred some disciplinary action, as it violates the rule against “shooting inside the tent” among colleagues. But it turns out that didn’t do me in. Rather, I’m told, “when it got to the comments about Jeffrey Toobin…everyone wanted a bit of a breather.”

Well, everyone but me, who had no idea there was a breather in effect. I was never informed of my punishment until it was rescinded recently by new management. No one called me or my representation about it. There was no announcement of a suspension, or notification of in-house disciplinary action, which I would have preferred, even welcomed by comparison to serving a secret sentence.

In case you're wondering, as I did, how my punishment for tweeting about Toobin compares to Toobin's suspension for his offense, I can tell you. He was off air for eight months; I was off for seven. One month was the difference between punishment for jacking off at work versus commenting on the inadvisability of jacking off at work.

On one hand, the people who made this call about me are gone from the network, so maybe I could let it lie. But on the other hand, many of my colleagues no doubt knew about my banning from air, but not the reasons behind it, thereby leaving the impression I must have done something tantamount to Toobining. I did not.

I was told it was Jeff Zucker, now gone, who put this order in place and a deputy, also gone, who kept it there. I was also told I wasn't informed of the network's displeasure because I had just had a baby and someone in the old leadership thought I might be a "loose cannon." Not as loose as Toobin's, but I digress.

(Look, if you’re gonna tell a grown-ass woman her former bosses thought her postpartum state made it problematic to inform her of routine information about her employment, she is entitled to the occasional penis pun.)

I’ve never been accused of being much of a loose cannon. Even in my worst moments of life, I can pretty much keep it between the navigational beacons, and have never before even been reprimanded for a tweet. In fact, I’d argue it takes this exact scenario, seemingly created in a lab to tick me off as much as possible, to make me fire off.

But let’s get back to talking about penises, as I did freely with the CNN employees charged with explaining this situation to me this summer.

In the #MeToo era, I have been asked to make public comment on basically every errant penis in the media, government, sports, and entertainment worlds, sometimes to the exclusion of everything else in the news, and at the expense of some amount of professional dignity. It is ironic that in shining a light on bad behavior, which is the right thing to do, you're still a woman on TV talking about penises. Every professional woman in a green room, preparing to talk about Weinstein’s penchant for potted plants for the 17th time, knows this feeling. Nonetheless, speaking up remains the right thing to do, and I flatly reject the notion, then and now, that Toobin's flagrantly errant member is the one I am not allowed to talk about— that this is the one offense about which I should be silent. I also reject the idea I’m to be quiet about being punished over it.

I’ve talked about so many instances of sexual misconduct, I had to develop a rubric for what made a credible allegation, so that I wasn’t ignoring due process entirely. Toobin didn’t need a rubric; there was video.

Despite a surprisingly sympathetic raft of pieces marshalled on his behalf about the changing nature of the pandemic-era workplace and the blurred lines that apparently made it understandable to drop trou, it was obvious to anyone with a job outside of media that this was an offense from which one need not be publicly rehabbed. It seemed obvious to me that I would not have been professionally rehabbed after such an offense, except perhaps on OnlyFans.

Megyn Kelly commented on Twitter, “There is not a woman alive who could have done anything close to what Jeffrey Toobin did (not that one would) and kept her job. What a disgusting, incestuous boys’ club. So damned tired of it.”

A lot of people wanted to say this, but did not for fear of retaliation. I know now that their fears were justified.

That is the downside of quiet, no-drama professionalism, the posture I attempt to take most of the time. That path has its upsides, and it’s often the right choice, but it can handicap you in a conflict. Avoiding airing dirty laundry has often protected those who didn't deserve it and caused the perpetuation of workplace bullshit to which I do not wish to be a party. I remain surprised that I ended up in this position in 2022, and I wish I hadn’t. The era of keeping our mouths shut about obvious sexual misconduct from colleagues did not serve us well. Wasn't that part of the lesson of #MeToo? My takeaway was that I wanted younger women to see that I spoke up about my treatment when warranted and survived, even thrived. Among those young women are my three daughters. I can’t tell them this story in good conscience if it ends with “Mom went right back to work with a smile on her face after that.” I don't get a rehabilitation interview to reflect on my absence or to plug a book, as Toobin did, but I can write this.

I was treated unfairly by the people who punished me. Simply shutting up about it does not sit right with me. In the course of any career, perhaps particularly a public-facing media career — even more a political media career — you're gonna run into some jerks who treat you badly. Sometimes it's condescension, sometimes paternalism, or harassment. The latter was the story at Fox, where I had a 10-year run during which I went completely un-harassed, a fact I am at pains to disclose every time I speak publicly about my career. Roger Ailes was not interested in me, but even in not harassing me, his actions put me in an uncomfortable position. Such is the lose-lose nature of that kind of thing. I later learned what friends and colleagues endured behind closed doors.

I have grown up in this industry, on national TV, proudly going toe-to-toe with people far older and more powerful than I since I was 26 years old. I've had three kids since I started in this business and I'm working on the fourth. I've seen great loss, my life torn asunder and beautifully rebuilt.

Through all of it, I have tried my best to make my commentary worthwhile, argue without being a total blowhard, maintain good relationships with people who disagree with me, check my own biases with those people, and act in good faith in a very strange time of a lot of political change. I know very well I'm in the ideological minority in many of the places I speak, and certainly in the Zucker era at CNN, that made me dispensable. But being the weirdo is why I went to those places, whether it's CNN, major universities, or my own hometown. I enjoy it and it benefits my brain. I believe it’s healthy to be the one in the room who disagrees, even if they don’t want to hear about how everyone was wrong about Russiagate or school closings.

To that end, I thought hard about how I should behave in this situation. I have not been asked to leave CNN. In fact, I've been invited back by the new guard to do the job I was prevented from doing by the old guard. Clean slate, as if nothing happened. But something did happen.

I have never been great at being quiet, and it’s not in my nature to start. So, that’s where I’ve been. I determined it was impossible for me to come back without saying why I’d been gone.

https://mkhammer.substack.com/p/in-the-age-of-quiet-quitting-i-was

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2022, 03:40:27 PM »
Nolte: Layoffs Hit Far-Left CNN as Primetime Viewership Collapses to 512K
JOHN NOLTE 27 Oct 2022
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2022/10/27/nolte-layoffs-hit-far-left-cnn-primetime-viewership-collapses-512k/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2022, 06:19:47 PM »