Author Topic: (3rd July) Love or Hate?  (Read 6733 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: (3rd July) Love or Hate?
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
Heenan always had the best material and delivery of any color guy/manager.
He and Monsoon together were golden, and they were great friends off camera.

I still remember Bobby getting choked up when they announced on Nitro that Gorilla had passed.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 03:27:28 PM »
Heenan always had the best material and delivery of any color guy/manager.

Agreed, they've never found anyone who could come up with quality stuff that quickly.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 04:15:18 PM »
Agreed, they've never found anyone who could come up with quality stuff that quickly.
The King used to be good back before he started playing some kind of tweener, when he was straight heel.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »
The King used to be good back before he started playing some kind of tweener, when he was straight heel.

Lawler was good, but he used a lot of stock lines that have been used before.
Most of his material was not original.

Heenan thought up a lot of funny things to say on the spot, and they were often contextual rather than generic.

But I agree with you that "The King" was very entertaining in the late 90's early 00's. Good chemistry with JR.
Realised how good he was when Heyman & Coach replaced him for a time when he quit the company. :-X

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »

Lawler was good, but he used a lot of stock lines that have been used before.
Most of his material was not original.

Heenan thought up a lot of funny things to say on the spot, and they were often contextual rather than generic.

But I agree with you that "The King" was very entertaining in the late 90's early 00's. Good chemistry with JR.
Realised how good he was when Heyman & Coach replaced him for a time when he quit the company. :-X

I used to like King a lot more before he went all PG.  'Puppies!' used to crack me up everytime I heard it.  Most of the stuff he comes out with these days is just cheese.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2009, 04:14:09 AM »
I used to like King a lot more before he went all PG.  'Puppies!' used to crack me up everytime I heard it.  Most of the stuff he comes out with these days is just cheese.
King was great as a heel commentator especially in '96 when he was all over Jake Roberts and his alcoholism...."Hey somebody get Jake a bar stool before he falls down!"....lol...