Author Topic: 2013 HOF  (Read 6243 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
2013 HOF
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
I can respect Mick FOley going in but rumors of Bam Bam, Kamal and DX?? Cmon now. HOF generally means retired, not semi active i:e The Kliq

Bam Bam and Kamala, if this is the case why not throw in Steve Lombardi and Barry O, I would take Lex Luger over this rumored bunch

Lets face it, Savage ain't going on  but what about some other Legends? Funks? Jake the Snake? Demolition?

Speak on this....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: 2013 HOF
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »
I'm okay with Bammers getting the nod. He turned into an excellent worker - especially for his size. Everybody goes on about Taker being the best big man, but I think Bam Bam was amazing in comparison.

If Koko is in...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 01:32:54 PM »
koko beware got in so what can you say???  of course bruno should be in  but doesn't want to go in. how about some oldtimers hans mortier, dr jerry graham or the graham bros dr jerry, crazy luke and superstar billy. [wayne coleman can always use the money}
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
...and superstar billy. [wayne coleman can always use the money}

I would love to know what kind of relationship SBG truly has with the McMahon's - and, I mean behind the scenes. It seems that Graham regularly trashes Vince and the Fed. But, most of the time when he needs a new kidney or some such shit, Vince is there, reaching into his pocket to foot the bill.

At that point, Graham changes his tune, acting like they're all buddy-buddy.
Then, 6-months later, he's back to, "Vince is EVIL," and, "WWF is EVIL." How does he have any credibility left?

In fact, didn't Graham admit to fabricating certian testimony during the WWF steroid trial?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 03:48:05 AM »
How about Mike Graham or would they add someone that committed suicide?

Here is one guy that thinks Bammers shouldn't go in

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:55:44 AM »
Here is one guy that thinks Bammers shouldn't go in

I've always respected Lanny. He comes across quite rational in every interview I've seen with him. I don't doubt anything he says here, either.
By most accounts, Bam Bam was a bit of an asshole early on in his WWF tenure. Later on, he allegedly became much more humble and respectful; as well, he improved as a worker.

All of the Indy guys I knew had only good things to say about him both inside and outside the ring. But, the era Poffo is recollecting sounds about right with everything I've heard.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 03:56:49 AM »
How about Mike Graham or would they add someone that committed suicide?

I would think so. Didn't they induct the Von Erich's not too long ago?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »

I've always respected Lanny. He comes across quite rational in every interview I've seen with him. I don't doubt anything he says here, either.
By most accounts, Bam Bam was a bit of an asshole early on in his WWF tenure. Later on, he allegedly became much more humble and respectful; as well, he improved as a worker.

All of the Indy guys I knew had only good things to say about him both inside and outside the ring. But, the era Poffo is recollecting sounds about right with everything I've heard.

I can't listen to the interview right now, but am I to surmise that Lanny feels that somehow Bam Bam's out of ring/backstage attitude should keep him out?  If so, oh brother, the HOF would have about 3 members.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »
Monty - if you have time youtube Lenny and watch his interviews, very smart and articulate. Thought the world of Randy and has no ill will towards Vince, WWF or wrestling in general.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:30 PM »
I can't listen to the interview right now, but am I to surmise that Lanny feels that somehow Bam Bam's out of ring/backstage attitude should keep him out?  If so, oh brother, the HOF would have about 3 members.

He started with mentioning some "personal issues," but covered himself with criticism of Bam Bam's early ring work and post-match etiquette, which, to old-school wrestlers, is just as much a part of the match.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »
Monty - if you have time youtube Lenny and watch his interviews, very smart and articulate. Thought the world of Randy and has no ill will towards Vince, WWF or wrestling in general.

Agree. I've caught a handful of interviews with him and have always been thoroughly impressed. I'm also pleasantly surprised that, as you mentioned, Lanny has no bitterness towards much of anyone or anything in the business. That is a rare occurrence even among many guys who made it a lot farther than Lanny - no disrespect to him.

He just comes across as a genuinely good guy with whom you'd love to sit down and have a beer while shooting the shit.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »
LOL at people arguing over the 'professional' wresting  "Hall of Fame"

oh, brother  ::)
K

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 01:07:56 PM »

He just comes across as a genuinely good guy with whom you'd love to sit down and have a beer while shooting the shit.

Seems like wine cooler or Zima kind guy to me....  ;D

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 01:09:59 PM »

Seems like wine cooler or Zima kind guy to me....  ;D

the one in the commercial that gets stuck to the pole

never understood all the brothas drinking that crap playing hoops
K

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
the one in the commercial that gets stuck to the pole

never understood all the brothas drinking that crap playing hoops

Perhaps a 40 is too hard to carry in they gym shorts?