Author Topic: WWE Fastlane  (Read 16119 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: WWE Fastlane
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »
Good review Vaughn.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »
The show itself was a joke....

Looks like we will see a 50+ year old Undertaker wrestle yet again...the purpose??? Yawn sleep snore.....if they don't put Wyatt over, everything he worked for in terms of getting over in the last 2 years will be flushed down the toilet....

Sting versus HHH....HHH still has it and can still do it and is in very good shape...question is...will he put over a non-Vince creation?

Cena versus Rusev......Rocky Balboa versus Ivan Drago.....we're in 2015 ... not 1985. Give it up.

Moral of the story....so they plan on selling a 70+ stadium arena with the average ticket anywhere from 200-500 dollars a pop based on the above? No one cares about Roman Reigns wrestling Brock. Daniel Bryan has been put on the back burner....

NEED I SAY MORE?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 07:58:19 PM »
I'm just amazed they haven't grabbed ahold of this era yet. It's like they're swimming up stream. The last 10 years were spent trying to find Cena's equal and successor yet every time someone rises up they put an end to it.

They don't like Punk (doesn't have the look and has a bad attitude) they won't get behind Bryan (to small and doesn't play the political game) they have Zigler,  Rollins,  Ambrose, Cesaro, waiting but they want to focus on the Del Rios, Sin Caras, and Swaggers and Orton.

I get they're all in on Roman but just embrace him for how the fans see him,  let him be heel. He's not Warrior, Savage, Hart, or Cena in terms of crowd approval right now he's a returning Batisa. If he embraces the boos he'll get over, which is what I'm sure the suits are counting on.

Also stop trying to milk the "Wrestlemania moment" idea, it's killing the "specialness" of all the other ppv's, and the fans know it.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 01:23:31 AM »
IMO HHH is bad for business in the WWE.
With those tools in charge, it will never get any better... He's been known to be a dick, hold people down, even when he was wrestling.
Now in charge, I think he still plays those "kliq" or "clique" games...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »
IMO HHH is bad for business in the WWE.
With those tools in charge, it will never get any better... He's been known to be a dick, hold people down, even when he was wrestling.
Now in charge, I think he still plays those "kliq" or "clique" games...
the story goes  HHH didn't want kurt angel to be champ because angel was too small....the powers that be at the time ask HHH if he wanted to wrestle angel for real.... soon after angel was champ...
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 04:11:40 PM »
the story goes  HHH didn't want kurt angel to be champ because angel was too small....the powers that be at the time ask HHH if he wanted to wrestle angel for real.... soon after angel was champ...

I was in Pittsburgh the night Angle won the strap. The pop was unreal.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
Kurt Angle would've wrapped Triple HHH in a fucking bow-knot in a real fight. Not big enough... ::) Angle was a great champion with actual athletic credentials to his credit. A world class athlete.

Can't stand Triple HHH, Shawn Michaels, or Ric Flair. Three pussies who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »
Supposedly, Angle made quick work of Brock in an impromptu backstage shoot around 2001/2002.

Not hard to believe; Brock was a talented collegiate champ, but Kurt was an Olympic God Medalist.
Makes me wonder how far Kurt could have gone in MMA, which he did consider some years ago.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 12:56:17 AM »
Supposedly, Angle made quick work of Brock in an impromptu backstage shoot around 2001/2002.

Not hard to believe; Brock was a talented collegiate champ, but Kurt was an Olympic God Medalist.
Makes me wonder how far Kurt could have gone in MMA, which he did consider some years ago.

I met Angle at last year's Wrestlecon, he seemed pretty hobbled. I was walking towards the men's room with him and I didn't realize it was him, he had a slight limp or a hitch in his gait. I stopped and watched him and thought it was surreal that he still preformed let alone that he was a former gold medalist.

He wasn't very big, I'd imagine about 200# and 5 '9ish. Granted I'm aware he was  past his prime but all I kept wondering if it was the legit wrestling/training that wrecked him or was it the pro game.  

I'm sure he'd have been the UFC champ as a light heavy and hvywt, but he did well for himself in sports entertainment.

Really nice guy though,  he kept saying he was coming back to the WWE in September but looking at him you knew better. He also seemed medicated (or he could have been suffering from a concussion) he wasn't belligerent or stumbling around he just wasn't sharp, like it took a minute for words to register.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 03:27:51 AM »
theres actually some really good talent in their roster now, hasnt been the case for the past few years.
Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins, Harper, Wyatt, Cesaro, Ziggler have all been held back.

Reigns has been hung out to dry a bit imo
they've thrown him right at the centre of everything despite others deserving it more, his character and skills aren't anywhere near as developed as Ambrose, Rollins and Wyatt.
Rollins for some reason is being restricted in the ring, only at the Rumble was he kind of unleashed.

Reigns has their perfect look though, he's everything they're looking for but it could seriously backfire. its heading that way it seems, i dont even blame him, its the wwe and their bullshit again.

at least Wyatt is getting a deserving story though, him and Taker is the best thing they got going right now.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »
What are they gonna do when all the 90s throwbacks die? Push new talent?

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 12:44:20 PM »
I can't keep up with the WWE and I won't watch it. It's a terrible product. Just awful.

I guess I'm resigned to a life of reading memoirs, watching DVD's of past days, and watching youtube videos.(which is addicting for me)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 04:18:18 PM »
I can't keep up with the WWE and I won't watch it. It's a terrible product. Just awful.

I guess I'm resigned to a life of reading memoirs, watching DVD's of past days, and watching youtube videos.(which is addicting for me)

It's not so bad once you get used to it.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 05:18:37 PM »

It's not so bad once you get used to it.

can't do it, man....I need separate major federations competing. Trying to one up one another...Give me those days back...ain't happening but i can dream, right?

The territory days are long gone.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:55:52 PM »
can't do it, man....I need separate major federations competing. Trying to one up one another...Give me those days back...ain't happening but i can dream, right?

The territory days are long gone.

Yes, I was referring to your second sentence above, in regards to watching vintage footage and yearning for the old days.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

Yes, I was referring to your second sentence above, in regards to watching vintage footage and yearning for the old days.

right got it....whoops....nice to converse with an old schooler like yourself

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 01:12:47 PM »

I always like Angle's ability to transform from super nerd, to badass, back to nerd. He definitely was one of the better overall performers I've seen.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
I met Angle at last year's Wrestlecon, he seemed pretty hobbled. I was walking towards the men's room with him and I didn't realize it was him, he had a slight limp or a hitch in his gait. I stopped and watched him and thought it was surreal that he still preformed let alone that he was a former gold medalist.

He wasn't very big, I'd imagine about 200# and 5 '9ish. Granted I'm aware he was  past his prime but all I kept wondering if it was the legit wrestling/training that wrecked him or was it the pro game.  

I'm sure he'd have been the UFC champ as a light heavy and hvywt, but he did well for himself in sports entertainment.

Really nice guy though,  he kept saying he was coming back to the WWE in September but looking at him you knew better. He also seemed medicated (or he could have been suffering from a concussion) he wasn't belligerent or stumbling around he just wasn't sharp, like it took a minute for words to register.
ka dh at atlantic city nj
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 04:19:15 AM »
I always like Angle's ability to transform from super nerd, to badass, back to nerd. He definitely was one of the better overall performers I've seen.

It was a unique and successful package typical of that era. It's a shame that no one today can present anything like this.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 10:40:28 AM »
I heard that Kurt was a bit of an airhead and the boys in the back at WWE would constantly rib him, backstage. But he took it all in good fun because in reality...he is a nice person from testimonials that I've read. Much respect for Angle. I love the guy to death and hope he lives a long life.

I'll never forget Angle in a cage match and doing a moonsault off the top of a fucking CAGE and MISSING in a match with Chris Benoit during a Smackdown TV event. Not even a PPV event and he took a major bump like that.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 01:09:48 PM »
I heard that Kurt was a bit of an airhead and the boys in the back at WWE would constantly rib him, backstage. But he took it all in good fun because in reality...he is a nice person from testimonials that I've read. Much respect for Angle. I love the guy to death and hope he lives a long life.

I'll never forget Angle in a cage match and doing a moonsault off the top of a fucking CAGE and MISSING in a match with Chris Benoit during a Smackdown TV event. Not even a PPV event and he took a major bump like that.

IMO Angle picked up the business the quickest. Wrestling, mic and overall face/heel interaction. It is said that drugs messed him up otherwise he prob would have been one of the all time bests.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2015, 08:54:54 PM »
Just got back from vacation.. haven't had a chance to watch fast lane..
Good thing for the $9.99 price tag..
Looking forward to wrestlemania..
Regardless if it sucks.. it's only going to be $10 bucks..

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 02:02:12 AM »
IMO Angle picked up the business the quickest. Wrestling, mic and overall face/heel interaction. It is said that drugs messed him up otherwise he prob would have been one of the all time bests.

It's been suggested that a major reason Angle left the Fed was because TNA had a much more lenient drug testing policy. Vince really clamped down after the Benoit incident.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »
Just finished watching fast lane..
Nothing special..
Felt like a raw show..
Glad it was only $9.99  :-\