Author Topic: WrestleMania 35 Picks  (Read 12272 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: WrestleMania 35 Picks
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2019, 06:21:51 AM »
paul heyman 'advocating'mcyntire would be good,,i thought under take looked slow and haggard on raw,,the deadman gimmick is done ,is he the biker guy again..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2019, 08:31:48 AM »
Props to the women for main eventing WM. Watched the match three times now and it wasn't good. Timing was off and there were too many flubs. Bryan and Kofi was the last match I watched on Sunday before going to sleep and I walked away happy. Wouldn't have been the same If I stayed and watched the final match. Far from having the blow you away touch your heart WM main event feeling. I do believe VKM utilized Rousey to the maximum. The mixed tag last WM with the Rock. Bringing back the Rowdy tshirt and putting over Becky Lynch. Great crossover star. She did a great job.

I think the mixed tag last year was with Angle.

This was PC-Mania, as stated earlier. It was two weeks before the show when they announced and did all their Maria stuff about the women being the main event. And this is despite Kofi being EVEN more over than Becky at this point.

Again, it’s why I think revisiting the whole Rumble-winner-main-events-Mania angle is overdue. If they’re going to do it, do it consistently, not just when it’s for a RAW world title.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 08:47:22 AM »
paul heyman 'advocating'mcyntire would be good,,i thought under take looked slow and haggard on raw,,the deadman gimmick is done ,is he the biker guy again..

Taker is done period. But he’s still with the hybrid Deadman-Biker routine.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2019, 09:23:43 AM »
Taker is done period. But he’s still with the hybrid Deadman-Biker routine.
LOL i was going to right hybird /biker tioo,,,figured.tremendous run he had and the character was so good and fitting,and worked so well,people just now tire of the older ways ,kayfabe ,and all,,if you have sirius radio listen to wrestling show busted open name bubba ray and other guy are good ,great guests ..

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2019, 06:29:46 PM »
LOL i was going to right hybird /biker tioo,,,figured.tremendous run he had and the character was so good and fitting,and worked so well,people just now tire of the older ways ,kayfabe ,and all,,if you have sirius radio listen to wrestling show busted open name bubba ray and other guy are good ,great guests ..

There's no point. The Deadman isn't in the title picture and there's no streak. WrestleMania just ain't as awesome without THE STREAK. In fact, I've never watched WM30 since that match (except for watching the live performance of Bray Wyatt's entrance).

You may remember my thread from 5 years ago. I was digging the show. My picks were going well. Everything was hunky-dory.....UNTIL that blasted match ended. Why did they waste that ending on Triple H at WM27? It would have fit Lesnar so much better, to have him beat the crap out of 'Taker but still end up losing (i.e. a school-boy roll up, instead of Hell's Gate). Lesnar walks away and Taker gets carted out the building on a stretcher.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 06:31:24 AM »
At this point Taker is too old, period. He cannot afford to bump hard. He's had both hips replaced and multiple knee and shoulder surgeries. At this point he is playing Russian Roulette. I'm a huge fan and I'm taking my kid for a meet and greet with him at Comic Con when he comes here but I just don't think health wise that he should mess around anymore.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »
Props to the women for main eventing WM. Watched the match three times now and it wasn't good. Timing was off and there were too many flubs. Bryan and Kofi was the last match I watched on Sunday before going to sleep and I walked away happy. Wouldn't have been the same If I stayed and watched the final match. Far from having the blow you away touch your heart WM main event feeling. I do believe VKM utilized Rousey to the maximum. The mixed tag last WM with the Rock. Bringing back the Rowdy tshirt and putting over Becky Lynch. Great crossover star. She did a great job.

Had Bryan and Kingston been on last, you would have had that "touch your heart" 'Mania feeling.

They forced this women's main event thing. The girls just ain't ready for prime time. A major woman's match at 'Mania without the word, "Playboy" doesn't automatically equate to being main-event ready.

The WM32 match, where they introduced the (now-RAW) WWE women's title belt and retired the Divas championship was smoother, than this one at WM35.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 04:43:59 AM »
Had Bryan and Kingston been on last, you would have had that "touch your heart" 'Mania feeling.

They forced this women's main event thing. The girls just ain't ready for prime time. A major woman's match at 'Mania without the word, "Playboy" doesn't automatically equate to being main-event ready.

The WM32 match, where they introduced the (now-RAW) WWE women's title belt and retired the Divas championship was smoother, than this one at WM35.

Did I hear my name?  ;D ;D ;D ;D