Author Topic: The Money Supply and you - meltdown or meltup?  (Read 19578 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: The Money Supply and you - meltdown or meltup?
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2021, 09:17:46 PM »
Nancy Pelosi's house.  :o

I still call bullshit.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2021, 09:43:07 PM »
You would think her garage would be bigger

Only 2 car?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2021, 02:44:17 AM »
You would think her garage would be bigger

Only 2 car?
It's probably not her only house.  It may just be a small place she has to keep her residency in her district.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2021, 05:17:47 AM »
66.6 percent of Americans on welfare

Where do you get those statistics?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2021, 05:34:29 AM »

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2021, 08:34:17 AM »
Where do you get those statistics?

I believe that’s the percentage of people living check to check.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2021, 08:43:07 AM »

That's not correct. I think you misread my statement by mistake. What my post stated was that 20% of Americans are on welfare, which translates to about 66.6 million Americans.

Can be easily Googled, but for your reading pleasure: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html

"1"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2021, 08:50:19 AM »
I know the democratic controlled media wrote the stories but I'm sure they were fake attacks, set up for public pity.

100% agree, it looks like complete bullshit. Even the spray paint lines purposely skip the stairs.

"1"

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2021, 08:58:50 AM »
That's not correct. I think you misread my statement by mistake. What my post stated was that 20% of Americans are on welfare, which translates to about 66.6 million Americans.

Can be easily Googled, but for your reading pleasure: https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-97.html

"1"

Easily googled

Lol

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2021, 09:44:53 AM »
  There's not much difference between Biden and Trump.  With Biden there will be much more debt (QE).

The destruction of the dollar is all done by design.  They are deliberately destroying the economic system by printing the dollar in to oblivion.  Then they will usher in a new world economic order.  The central banks led by the Federal Reserve will own all assets.  The rest of us will be debt slaves with no middle class.

The widening rich poor divide is being exacerbated by "stimulus".  The stimulus goes towards the assets and who owns most of the assets?  The wealthy elite own most of the assets.

Stimulus is not going in the pockets of the middle class.  It's going to the wealthy.

Don't be a zombie and expect the gov't to serve you.  They don't serve you.  You need to serve yourself and don't get caught up in the rhetoric of the politicians (gays, guns and god)..

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2021, 09:50:49 AM »
What number do you think a person has to earn to be “ wealthy “

Jackenstein

• Getbig II
  • "GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!"
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2021, 10:30:52 AM »

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2021, 11:11:25 AM »
Cryptopcurrency certainly is here to stay, but one main question is whether Bitcoin and blockchain technology will be the final step. A lot of people made a fortune on AOL in the early days of the internet before it became obsolete. Bitcoin certainly has the major market share, but there are other forms like Ethereum, Compound and others that offer things like loans, interest and other services of a traditional bank(without the bank or fees). Time will tell if Bitcoin is just the pace setter in the race or if it's looking to cross the finish line first.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2021, 12:59:10 PM »
  There's not much difference between Biden and Trump.  With Biden there will be much more debt (QE).

The destruction of the dollar is all done by design.  There are deliberately destroying the economic system by printing the dollar in to oblivion.  Then they will usher in a new world economic order.  The central banks led by the Federal Reserve will own all assets.  The rest of us will be debt slaves with no middle class.

The widening rich poor divide is being exacerbated by "stimulus".  The stimulus goes towards the assets and who owns most of the assets?  The wealthy elite own most of the assets.

Stimulus is not going in the pockets of the middle class.  It's going to the wealthy.

Don't be a zombie and expect the gov't to serve you.  They don't serve you.  You need to serve yourself and don't get caught up in the rhetoric of the politicians (gays, guns and god)..

Probably one of the once ignorant statements ever said on this board.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2021, 01:12:18 PM »

China's empire is on the rise, while the US empire has been on decline for the greater part of 20 years.

"1"
Proof that communism works

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »
Cryptopcurrency certainly is here to stay, but one main question is whether Bitcoin and blockchain technology will be the final step.

cryptos only exist to facilitate the building out and adoption of the blockchain... a necessary hellscape from which there is no escape.

u'll notice in the bitcoin thread.... dudes tripping over themselves... giddy.. deluded by greed - so deluded by greed that they cannot see the forest for the trees - cant see that they are helping to construct their own prison (lol).

that is by design... crypto appeals to that baser instinct – greed... a mechanism by which man is being drawn to his end.

bitcoin will evaporate, this is the 'final step':

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2021, 05:02:36 PM »
cryptos only exist to facilitate the building out and adoption of the blockchain... a necessary hellscape from which there is no escape.

u'll notice in the bitcoin thread.... dudes tripping over themselves... giddy.. deluded by greed - so deluded by greed that they cannot see the forest for the trees - cant see that they are helping to construct their own prison (lol).

that is by design... crypto appeals to that baser instinct – greed... a mechanism by which man is being drawn to his end.

bitcoin will evaporate, this is the 'final step':

100%

pigs get fed

hogs get slaughtered

If there was a $VIX indicator on crypto stuff it would be in the single digits.. there is no fear in crypto right now and thats not good in any market

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2021, 07:43:47 PM »

If you figure in all govt workers and military, pretty much.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2021, 02:26:38 AM »
Because I can hand a dollar to someone

Can’t hand over a Bitcoin when there is no power

Lol
If there is no power, having some dollars in your pocket isn't going to be of much help, period.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2021, 02:29:33 AM »
As an accountant, I'll gladly tackle this.

You pose a great question and have a very good point on hand. Why hold on to money if it will become useless in terms of its value?

The simplest answer is that in times of harsh inflation, there are some good ways to hedge against inflation. Having real estate on hand is one great hedge against inflation (as property values go up & so do rents during times on inflation) AND one of the other great hedges against inflation is having active DEBT. Look at it this way, if you owe $50K in debt today and tomorrow the inflation rate more than doubles, a few things will occur as a result on the increase to inflation rate. First, your debt (the dollar amount of it) will not change as a result of the inflation. Second, what will change is that your job/workplace will likely give you a salary/wage increase due to the rising cost of living by way of inflation. As a result of this, you will then be capable of paying that debt off in half the time. Using this principle, you can see one solid reason why holding onto cash is not a bad idea due to the ability you will then have to eradicate your private debt in the setting of rising inflation.

There are other ways to hedge against inflation. The various crypto currencies offer vehicles for hedging, but I will differ on commenting regarding those, as I honestly don't see evidence of inherent value to those types of currencies. I know many here will disagree, but I am an old school guy and like my assets to be real vs digital.

The once young and daring financial cowboy in me would think differently. If I were in my 30's today, my suggestion to those that are day traders or are tempted to dabble with Bitcoin would be to consider shorting bitcoin through a cryptocurrency margin trading platform. In other words, gamble with crypto's value on borrowed money and simply reap the rewards after taxes.

"1"

There is no inflation as the velocity of money is zero.people aren't spending.  We are in a deflationary period.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2021, 04:06:15 AM »

Getbigger wealthy?

A number followed by 9 zeros.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2021, 08:12:47 AM »
HTH

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2021, 08:19:03 AM »
There is no inflation as the velocity of money is zero.people aren't spending.  We are in a deflationary period.

This statement is going to test people's beliefs on here....some here believe that the dow is 30k due to market forces.   ;D

The money that a majority of people are spending is stimulus and debt. Earning power has decreased greatly for most while money at the top is sloshing around to the 1%. They are postponing rents and evictions for a reason. Everything has the feel of being a placeholder.

Wonder when people start drawing their 401k accounts as income? What could go wrong?