Author Topic: taking clen before sleeping  (Read 5598 times)

spiderman405

• Getbig II
taking clen before sleeping
« on: April 28, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
clen makes me realy tired 15 minutes after i take it, even after 8 hours of sleep in the moring dose.

does anyone take one daily dose right before they sleep?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: taking clen before sleeping
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:38:03 PM »
Most people have a hard times sleeping when they take clen....so you may not get a lot of help with this one.

It may be one of those things like caffeine....for most it's a stimulate but there are those out there that it actually levels and calms them down....kind of goes back to the everyone is differant kind of thing.

Sorry, I know I wasn't much help with this one

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
I personally couldn't imagine taking Clen before bed, I shake worse than Michael J. Fox on crack.  I have heard of people doing this and it's just as effective I guess but how they get to sleep is beyond me.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »
i have read that scientifically (biologically ? ) clen actually exerts no effects that would inhibit sleep at all. since its a selective beta receptor agonist, and the 2 receptor it hits doesnt actually cause sleeplessness...

BUT

of course i have heard of amany people being restless at tiwtchy because of clen

so it doesnt seem to work this way in real life

my thoughts are that it is probably the dreaded "placebo" effect  8)

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »
I don't have trouble sleeping on clen.....

but ephedra/ephedrine....forget about!

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 11:18:57 PM »
i have read that scientifically (biologically ? ) clen actually exerts no effects that would inhibit sleep at all. since its a selective beta receptor agonist, and the 2 receptor it hits doesnt actually cause sleeplessness...

BUT

of course i have heard of amany people being restless at tiwtchy because of clen

I think there's more to it than a placebo effect.  I can't sleep whenever my body is twitching constantly, it also effects my heart rate which makes it very difficult to fall asleep.  I've woken up in the middle of the night feeling like my heart was going to explode from doing Clen the morning before.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 04:15:17 AM »

BUT

Good points.  Clen has never made it hard for me to sleep.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 08:41:39 AM »
Clen's pretty hit or miss when it comes to sleeping with me.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
Most people have a hard times sleeping when they take clen....so you may not get a lot of help with this one.

It may be one of those things like caffeine....for most it's a stimulate but there are those out there that it actually levels and calms them down....kind of goes back to the everyone is differant kind of thing.

Sorry, I know I wasn't much help with this one

there were some studies done in animals (rats if I remeber right) where it was determined to be a dose dependant forbrain phenomena.  Basically the effects outside of bronchodilation are dose dependant---ie the higher the dose, the more likely the nervousness.  (that was kind of a nobrainer if you ask me)

Also an individual can "overload" themselves.   This happens with me with caffiene.  I drink one or two cups of coffee, I wake up.  I drink 4 in a short period of time, I'm wired.  I drink a pot, I get a headache and have to fight sleep or I just go to sleep. 

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 09:19:40 PM »
I forget the med class of Clen (alpha antagonist?) but it’s  similar to the bronchodilators that I see the respiratory therapists give patients in my hospital. These treatments commonly make the patient tachycardic with palpitations just like Clen. But hey who am I to argue if it makes you sleepy? I can sleep on aderal but clen or ephedrine NO WAY

DerrickRigg.bber

• Getbig II
  • 6'2", 277lb. bodybuilder
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2021, 01:39:27 PM »
Used to take clen before working nights at clubs. Had no problems with it and by the time I got home after 2:30 am, I was ready to sleep. But I also sweated.
F