Author Topic: Good Luck To UK JEFF !  (Read 8494 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Good Luck To UK JEFF !
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2023, 05:55:57 PM »
I know I probably speak for myself on this, but I feel as if Pumping Iron was truly carried by 2 leading actors, Arnold and Matty. Everyone else was just a supporting actor. No one else made a lasting dent. Just as they gave us sneak peeks (backstories) on certain bodybuilders (Katz, Franco etc.), they should have given us a deeper look into Matty's life (where he grew up, his days on the street as a cop beating on minorities, his goomah etc.). The breakfast conversation Arnold had with Matty was some of the best shit in the movie. Louie looked like a congenital retard throughout that scene.

"1"

Boy, I really wish I didn’t keep getting the copyright strike. I tried 3 times after doing some editing each time. I love the Michelangelo line and the posing instructions to turn slightly to each side. Pure genius! Caught another funny matty line during the cheetah photoshoot I’ve never noticed before. I’ll try to find the clip 

“Tense your muscles, Louie! Pull in that stomach!”

ROFL!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2023, 06:04:15 PM »
Top notch…awesome

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2023, 07:44:36 PM »
hello all

Won my class North West Britain over 55s
Won best presentation of the show
Lost out in the overall to an incredible class 2 guy

Just had a pizza and some cereal

Back on diet tomorrow Britain finals on Saturday in Bradford.

Just saw this. Congrats, Jeff

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2023, 07:54:33 PM »
Jeff, you look awesome! Just uploaded it onto Youtube as we speak for easier viewing.

Great job!

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2023, 08:47:42 PM »
Belated congratulations and good luck for Saturday.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2023, 10:05:14 PM »
Jeff,

You looked fantastic. Honestly, you reminded me of this amateur from back in the 70's. A little known bodybuilder from Wales.

There's a blast from the past Paul Grant

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2023, 10:33:00 PM »
Congrats Jeff!

In the posing routine the board shorts bro overcrowded you and you went to the opposite side of the stage to pose. Then came back with a nice quad shot and he walked away.

You know how to play the stage and did well. Your condition seemed to improve throughout the video.

Good luck on your next contest.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2023, 10:38:49 PM »
Jeff, you look awesome! Just uploaded it onto Youtube as we speak for easier viewing.

Very cool. Jeff looked every bit the well-prepared veteran, and the competition there was high. good effort.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2023, 11:10:11 PM »
You looked the best from my perspective, most balanced physique and very dry. Good job mate.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2023, 03:33:13 AM »
Jeff is a legend and hugely respected throughout the country and humble to a fault

Notice how when getting the best presentat trophy there was not a single voice of dissension

To be pushing lads 20 years younger for the overall at 58 is madness  it he does it

He also won't mention he's had a top 8 universe finish

Jeff if you are swapping gums prophecy is just up the road mate!
B

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2023, 03:38:05 AM »
Jeff is a legend and hugely respected throughout the country and humble to a fault

Notice how when getting the best presentat trophy there was not a single voice of dissension

To be pushing lads 20 years younger for the overall at 58 is madness  it he does it

He also won't mention he's had a top 8 universe finish

Jeff if you are swapping gums prophecy is just up the road mate!
Great bodybuilder and an even greater person.

I hope he kicks ass this weekend.....I bet I`m almost as psyched for him to win as he is!  LOL  ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2023, 03:48:02 AM »
Jeff is a TRUE legend with an awesome physique!

WELL DESERVED WIN JEFF!
Q

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2023, 10:36:11 AM »
Congrats Jeff!

In the posing routine the board shorts bro overcrowded you and you went to the opposite side of the stage to pose. Then came back with a nice quad shot and he walked away.

You know how to play the stage and did well. Your condition seemed to improve throughout the video.

Good luck on your next contest.

Yeah, I mean you can always depend on him being in shape and nailing the graceful posing, but added to that this time round - for me - if anything Jeff's quads look like they've come up in size from last time I saw him - maybe it was the pump from all the squeezing in the posedown, but when he walked over to stage left (nearer the camera) the sweep was really noticeable - amazing!  8)
T

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »
Both Jeff & RO looked great
Well balanced & conditioned physiques !!

Without seeing more comparison pics /video it's very hard to see
how RO was not the winner. 

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2023, 11:03:09 AM »
thanks for that
I have two bulging discs (L4and L5), once in a while the disc presses on a nerve and causes my back to spasm , the spasm is basically the bodies reaction to try and pull my nerve away from the pain, the result is my whole torso twists and I look like I have scoliosis , the tramadol eases the pain and as such eases the spasam.
Normally takes a few days to fully ease off
I will just take my time training this week, nice easy pump sessions just to get the blood lowing, will take some time off after the show and let my body heal and eat some good foods

As long as I dont go into spasm again this week it will be OK

PS I suspect Brian will now add 3 bulging discs to his vast collection of ailments so as not to be beaten.
Congrats Jeff now you are a real hero! lol You do look insane for your age! Im 6o now myself and still work out every day (6Am). Unfortunately I dont look anywhere near like you (not many do anyway)  but I'm in good shape.
Yes Tramadol to the rescue, for me as well. They also keep me happy as well. Work great on my back and hip. Couldnt do without. Maybe an OP but I'm far from it and I dont thin its worth it being that old but who knows.
What I wanted to say is, that it is even more impressive to accomplish what you did with having a back issue!
Again, this is your time to enjoy all  the hard work and bravery to walk on stage!
BRAVO UK JEFF!!

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »
Both Jeff & RO looked great
Well balanced & conditioned physiques !!

Without seeing more comparison pics /video it's very hard to see
how RO was not the winner.

I will share when it becomes available, this is all I have seen on stage so far, I was sweating too much but so were other guys, it was fucking hot, I peaked pretty good and was very happy in the early morning after the top coat was applied, everything looked very crisp. I looked closely at the physiques of the other guys backstage and was not worried, the winner I thought would be a challenger and perhaps the second place, a big hungarian, but to be placed 5th out of 7 was a serious shaft. I am still recovering. A top 3 placement would have at least been respectful, I thought I had the best combination of muscularity, balance and condition. The winner did not even turn around in his posing routine and I shook my head on stage when I looked over to see that bloated mess with chest and back covered in acne being placed in 4th. Will I ever compete again? I don't know at this stage.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2023, 11:56:13 AM »
I will share when it becomes available, this is all I have seen on stage so far, I was sweating too much but so were other guys, it was fucking hot, I peaked pretty good and was very happy in the early morning after the top coat was applied, everything looked very crisp. I looked closely at the physiques of the other guys backstage and was not worried, the winner I thought would be a challenger and perhaps the second place, a big hungarian, but to be placed 5th out of 7 was a serious shaft. I am still recovering. A top 3 placement would have at least been respectful, I thought I had the best combination of muscularity, balance and condition. The winner did not even turn around in his posing routine and I shook my head on stage when I looked over to see that bloated mess with chest and back covered in acne being placed in 4th. Will I ever compete again? I don't know at this stage.
You looked great Ro....the "so called winner" looked like baked dogshit.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2023, 12:06:34 PM »
That bloated mess on instagram was the 4th place finisher. This is the guy who placed 1st;

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2023, 12:14:15 PM »
That bloated mess on instagram was the 4th place finisher. This is the guy who placed 1st;

OK,he looks far better than that bloated 4th. place mess but you had quality size on him in a huge way,and much better balanced proportions.

How any of them beat you is a mystery to me,but the 4th. place guy is a real travesty of justice.

I`ve been there and it sucks.

Train hard and kick ass in the upcoming contest.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2023, 12:16:52 PM »
Exactly, even third would have left me feeling respected but like you said a travesty of justice and whats worse my Ukrainian girl did not like me sharing publically on facebook my view of the decision, she thought I should just play it politically correct in order to achieve my goal. It has been one of the hardest weeks in my life.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2023, 12:22:49 PM »
Exactly, even third would have left me feeling respected but like you said a travesty of justice and whats worse my Ukrainian girl did not like me sharing publically on facebook my view of the decision, she thought I should just play it politically correct in order to achieve my goal. It has been one of the hardest weeks in my life.

I had my say after I thought I got shafted at a show

One judge argued with me on FB saying the judges were always impartial and always placed people where they deserved on physique only not favouritism
then said that me complaining upsetting judges wasnt going to help my future placings.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2023, 12:52:13 PM »
Yeah, I might do the PCA Muscletalk on July 30th and just show up so ridiculous that they would feel shame in their pants for not placing me first  ;D

Dalnet

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2023, 01:16:33 PM »

One judge argued with me on FB saying the judges were always impartial and always placed people where they deserved on physique only not favouritism
then said that me complaining upsetting judges wasnt going to help my future placings.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »

Yikes.    Talk about bs ! 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2023, 01:58:59 PM »

WTF !! They placed you 5th !!
Even without being at that show I'd seriously doubt there were 4 better physiques
Than yours .

That's no credible with 7 competitors - Something very iffy going on with there
Judging - unless they've got some new kind of judging criteria unknow to me.

As a judge for NABBA I'm very disappointed for you to be placed 4th.

Yes its a big kick from them, only you know how good you are & where you should've
Placed - So Bollocks to Them.
Carry on , Full steam ahead RO.

👊🏻  👍🏻