Author Topic: R.I.P.  (Read 316096 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
R.I.P.
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:18:30 AM »
I've thought about starting this thread...not to morn the loss of our closest friends...but to remember them forever.

I need to scan some pictures of my closest friends that were with me everyday growing up & never left my side.

I'll start out with a few that were recently posted.  If you would like them removed...pm me.

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 11:19:35 AM »
Deke's - "Pumpkin"

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:20:27 AM »
Flower's "Simon"

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »
I think this thread is worthy of a sticky knny!
It is a great idea to make a thread about are beloved pets, who crossed over to the other side ,so we can post pictures and tell some nice and funny anecdotes!

I would hate to see the thread go down the board ...it would be to me like we are forgetting about our beloved animals from the past.
So if all the mods are in favor i say Sticky it!
?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 01:45:32 PM »

I will try in the next week to get some scanned.  Alot of the photo's I have left are not in the greatest condition

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:24:26 PM »
Keesha
:

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 06:03:41 AM »
Rest in Piece: Dragan.. He died tragically a week before his 7th birthday!.. :'(

He forever will be missed and is the main reason i will never ever will be having a black Mastino Napoletano male again..solely because it will for ever be compared to Dragan and that wouldn't be fare...
?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »
The Rainbow Bridge
There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass. 

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other. 

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes from the group are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group. 

You have been seen, and when you and your friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never to be separated again. 

Author unknown

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 08:28:06 AM »
Here are some of my kitty pumpkin,she passed June 7th 2007

With My Parents Cat,Her Best Freind Sophia

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:41:17 AM »
love the calico in the pic

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 02:27:01 PM »
This was my first American Bulldog......Doc Holliday.  I really loved that guy.

I had just finished my cardio, put his collar on to take him outside & he didn't move.  He died at 9 years old.  I was heartbroken big time.     

Jade

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 03:47:35 PM »
sad story Jade....but I'm sure he wasy very happy

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 04:13:39 PM »
This was my first American Bulldog......Doc Holliday.  I really loved that guy.

I had just finished my cardio, put his collar on to take him outside & he didn't move.  He died at 9 years old.  I was heartbroken big time.     

Jade
JAde, he looks so sweet.  "Doc Holliday" really suits him :)
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »
What my Sheeba looked like.
:D Weee

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 01:17:15 PM »
My beloved Kudi - died in my arms on October 23, 2003.  He was 15 years old and was with me every single day of his life. 

Not a day goes by that I don't think about him.  I miss him terribly. 

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 03:24:27 PM »
Sucks when a pet dies in your arms....but....I would rather have that.....then having them die alone.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 07:45:49 PM »
Sucks when a pet dies in your arms....but....I would rather have that.....then having them die alone.

I totally agree.  He actually rubbed his face on mine one last time right before he passed away.  He knew it was time and it broke my heart.  That kind of stuff is really tough.  He was the most affectionate animal I've ever been lucky enough to have in my life.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 06:11:12 AM »
 :'(

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 06:58:18 AM »
Heaven's Doggy-Door

My best friend closed his eyes last night,
As his head was in my hand.
The Doctors said he was in pain,
And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through my head,
As I cradled him in my arms.
Were of his younger, puppy years,
And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge
With an intense "I love you gaze",
Only a heart thats filled with tears
Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,
And he said, "You should cry no more,
God also loves our canine friends,
He's installed a "doggy-door"!

R

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 06:49:03 PM »
JAde, he looks so sweet.  "Doc Holliday" really suits him :)

Thanks.  He was such a good dog but he did have a lil' attitude issue.  For example, if you happen to drop some food on the ground/floor.....plz just keep walking, k?  I miss him so much. :)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 09:22:09 AM »
Elvys April 16, 1990 –– July 12, 2006

We love you Elvys – Forever in our hearts you will stay. Your happy meow let us know you wanted our attention. When I walked you in the courtyard on a harness, people laughed at the big buy walking the cat like a dog. I didn’t care. That was our special time together every day. You captured everyone’s heart with your animated personality… especially mine. You were the first cat I ever knew and it changed me forever. You were always excited to greet us and ask about our day. You short cropped tail turned like a propeller, first one way, then the other. We love you and we miss you very, very, very much
and keep moving!

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »
He (?) was very handsome Dave. I love cats that have little mittens or socks on their feet!   Sorry for your loss.  A year lessons the hurt, but it never goes completely away.  :(

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 10:09:26 AM »
I had a cat like that growing up (minus the cropped tail) & yes....it's name was "Mittens"

Elyvs looked very loved & happy in that picture.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:36 AM »
Geo & "Bear"

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 12:02:21 PM »

He (?) was very handsome Dave. I love cats that have little mittens or socks on their feet!   Sorry for your loss.  A year lessons the hurt, but it never goes completely away.  :(

I had a cat like that growing up (minus the cropped tail) & yes....it's name was "Mittens"

Elyvs looked very loved & happy in that picture.

Thanks Amy and knny… Growing up, I always had dogs. I never knew much about cats. Technically Elvys belonged to an ex-gf but we lived together for 5 years. After we split, we remained friends and I had “visitation rights” which I took full advantage of. Yes he was a real, ladies man. When I walked him he would really turn on he charm when a woman came over to say hello. My ex said that I was the first male besides her dad that Elvys took to.

Yes a year lessens the hurt. I really miss him sometimes though. He was so animated and very smart. I hadn’t had a pet for years and he really taught me how much I had been missing out on.

The thing that always amazes me about pets. Their personalities and unique little behaviors. It’s so interesting to me.   

and keep moving!