Author Topic: Exotic Pets  (Read 11460 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Exotic Pets
« on: September 23, 2007, 06:05:12 AM »
Any of you ladies into exotic pets?

During my lifetime I've had a few tarantulas (shitty placid species tho :() corn snakes and a scorpion.

Last time I was in california I capture a black widow spider and kept the little girl for a few months ;D

Thinking of investing in a king baboon tarantula soon 8)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Exotic Pets
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 06:23:04 AM »

there's a place I go hunting at where the guy has everything from african elephants and giraffes to Indian (dot) gaurs (look them up, if you want to know who the king of cattle is) . . .

I don't hunt any of those creatures, but it's interesting seeing them all hanging out.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 06:26:02 AM »
Those Gaur's are immense.

There was a circus in town a while back in near Manchester, fucking wierd seeing Elephants in a field on the way to work :o
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 06:32:48 AM »
1x Red Knee got her when she was as big as my fingernail and she is massive now.
1x Bolivian Black (docile as fuck and my pride and joy) she is deffiantly female black with a touch of dark blue... she's awesome.
1x Rosie (my wifes T this one is fast as fuck and cannot be trusted)

My Bolivian Black is realy curious, when I clean her tank she comes over and really slowly feels my fingers and just checks what I'm doing in general, she also likes to reorganice her tank from time to time.

Dude don't get the friggen Babboons, get a Pokie instead :D

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 06:37:03 AM »

i wish someone like kaz or onlyme was in this pic so that people could appreciate the size of these things.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 06:38:51 AM »

i wish someone like kaz or onlyme was in this pic so that people could appreciate the size of these things.

What "stack" did you put these beasts on?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:42:30 AM »
1x Red Knee got her when she was as big as my fingernail and she is massive now.
1x Bolivian Black (docile as fuck and my pride and joy) she is deffiantly female black with a touch of dark blue... she's awesome.
1x Rosie (my wifes T this one is fast as fuck and cannot be trusted)

My Bolivian Black is realy curious, when I clean her tank she comes over and really slowly feels my fingers and just checks what I'm doing in general, she also likes to reorganice her tank from time to time.

Dude don't get the friggen Babboons, get a Pokie instead :D

Pokies are too fucking fast for me to be fucking dealing with.

I want a ground dweller but something aggressive like a Pokie, therefore I've narrowed it down to King baboon or a goliath bird eater. (every fucker has a goliath bird eater tho...)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:45:04 AM »
Fucking beautiful tho:
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 06:47:47 AM »
What "stack" did you put these beasts on?

haha . . . we need to find out what allows these creatures to turn grass into "ebony mountains of muscle."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 07:06:07 AM »
Pokies are too fucking fast for me to be fucking dealing with.

I want a ground dweller but something aggressive like a Pokie, therefore I've narrowed it down to King baboon or a goliath bird eater. (every fucker has a goliath bird eater tho...)

Lol yeah one teleported up my arm so fast it was scary, I was real scared that she would bite me in my neck.

Look at this one so small and already super agressive :D

Look at this one take a bite out of the Pencil... Pokie saying: Bite first ask questions later.
&mode=related&search=

THIS IS AWESOME:
Pokies mating look how big the female is..

&mode=related&search=

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 07:29:02 AM »
This is the most venomous T... indian of course, that guy has the balls to handle it free  :o :o :o

She's fukin huge

and you DON't want to be bitten by this fucjer

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:13:21 AM »
Yep, used to have a breeding pair of Moorish Geckos. My brother used to have a garter snake, corn snake, European and north American tree frogs and a chilean rose.

My mother loved the escaped crickets that colonised the house!

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 08:18:01 AM »
Yep, used to have a breeding pair of Moorish Geckos. My brother used to have a garter snake, corn snake, European and north American tree frogs and a chilean rose.

My mother loved the escaped crickets that colonised the house!

Crickets are tough I fucked one out of the Window because she keept me awake, next day I step outside to get the morning paper... there's this stupid cricket.

Him: Hey Focker!!!!
Me: WTF?
Him: Remember ME asshole?
Me: What you want?
Him: What ya think you retard... I want back in.
Me: But I'm going to feed you to my Spider.
Him: We see about that, last I heard you're spider has down syndrome and can't put up a good fight.
Him: Now get out of my way before I kick your ass... aiiight?
Me: Alright homes

True Story

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
Haha, yeah the old cricket keep me up at night bullshit... :D

Ornamentals are pretty fuckers for sure. Just a fucking handful.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 08:26:14 AM »
Haha, yeah the old cricket keep me up at night bullshit... :D

Ornamentals are pretty fuckers for sure. Just a fucking handful.

I don't have the nerves for these guys too fast and too agressive... have you ever heard of Mustang Babboon?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 08:28:02 AM »
No, is it like the rest of the african baboon's?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 08:45:06 AM »
No, is it like the rest of the african baboon's?

Much more agressive, one guy wrote on the Internet all he had to do for her to freak out is to show that he in reach, and she would throw herself at the glass window.  :o :o :o

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »
Much more agressive, one guy wrote on the Internet all he had to do for her to freak out is to show that he in reach, and she would throw herself at the glass window.  :o :o :o

haha that's awesome, certainly shit the nieces and nephews up ;D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

I've had to look at that pictuer 3 or 4 times.  That really looks like a bull Banteng to me, not a Gaur.  You have to be careful searching the internet for pictures of Gaur and Banteng, many of them are mislabeled---including the pictures in wikipedia and other "reputable"  ::)  references. 

Gaur males are dark brown to ALMOST black with the "crest" between their horns. 

Banteng, the female is brown and the males are black with white socks like the picture below.  This is the big bull (he's about 2300 lbs give or take 200 lbs)  I've worked with for the last year making mincemeat out of a pine tree limb.   

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 09:40:28 AM »
haha that's awesome, certainly shit the nieces and nephews up ;D

oh man that would be awesome :D

Hey... have you seen my new Spider yet?
Niece: No...
Well come over here and say hello...Do you want me to open it?
Niece: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HH

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:43 AM »

That species is stupid aggressive and jumpy.  Its one that only the most experienced people should try to keep.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 09:48:43 AM »
I've had to look at that pictuer 3 or 4 times.  That really looks like a bull Banteng to me, not a Gaur.  You have to be careful searching the internet for pictures of Gaur and Banteng, many of them are mislabeled---including the pictures in wikipedia and other "reputable"  ::)  references. 

dorsal "ridge" and dewlap convince me that it is indeed a gaur . . . i am one of the few who have actually seen them in their native habitat . . . not really familiar w Banteng . . . are they related to Gaur?

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »
dorsal "ridge" and dewlap convince me that it is indeed a gaur . . . i am one of the few who have actually seen them in their native habitat . . . not really familiar w Banteng . . . are they related to Gaur?

Wrong.  Banteng also have a dorsal ridge and a "dewlap".  The key is tail length and the space between the horns.   Gaur have hair in this space, Banteng have this thick, keratinized tissue thats really rough.  Look at the picture I posted above of the bull banteng I work with.  That picture really looks more banteng than gaur. 

Gaur are Bos frontalis (gaurus), banteng are Bos javicus (javanicus).  They are closely related, thats why there is so many mistakes with identification.  Gaur are larger.   

Heres a side picture of a Banteng taken from the Ultimate Ungulate webpage----probably the best online resource for hoofed species information. 

this bull is related to the bull I posted pictures of---he's the old male that used to be at the St. Louis Zoo in Missouri. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2007, 10:11:08 AM »
oh man that would be awesome :D

Hey... have you seen my new Spider yet?
Niece: No...
Well come over here and say hello...Do you want me to open it?
Niece: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HH

Can you possibly link me to some articles about this spider?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 10:15:04 AM »
Wrong.  Banteng also have a dorsal ridge and a "dewlap".  The key is tail length and the space between the horns.   Gaur have hair in this space, Banteng have this thick, keratinized tissue thats really rough.  Look at the picture I posted above of the bull banteng I work with.  That picture really looks more banteng than gaur. 

Gaur are Bos frontalis (gaurus), banteng are Bos javicus (javanicus).  They are closely related, thats why there is so many mistakes with identification.  Gaur are larger.   

Heres a side picture of a Banteng taken from the Ultimate Ungulate webpage----probably the best online resource for hoofed species information. 

this bull is related to the bull I posted pictures of---he's the old male that used to be at the St. Louis Zoo in Missouri. 

i didn't know about the banteng . . . all I know is that the bulls on the ranch I go to are much taller at the shoulder than most men . . . I'd estimate around six and a half feet give or take a few inches.  The ones I saw in India were also about the same height. 

the banteng looks like it has about the same mass . . . they're pretty jacked cattle.