Author Topic: Who wants some red nose PITS ?  (Read 16412 times)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
Who wants some red nose PITS ?
« on: October 19, 2007, 08:40:28 AM »
My best freind and his wife had this dog named 'Savage' who is like my favorite dog off all time. A beautiful Red Nosed Pit who is super obedient. Big as a house too. Then they adopted a red nose female named Xena who is just adorable. Im going to take pics later but if anyone wants to get one of these guys then let me know.
L

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Who wants some red nose PITS ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:06:03 AM »
what city/state do you live in?

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 10:39:49 AM »
Why are they trying to place them?

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
NJ/NY area... My friend said he wanted to breed his dog and make some $$$. Def. not a puppy mill or anything like that, we treat animals with the upmost respect and dignity. I will be getting a male. He said that he was going to post a craigslist ad, but I know the people on the Pet board are good pet owners so I just randomly brought this up. Correct me if I am out of bounds , by all means.
L

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 01:19:14 PM »
NJ/NY area... My friend said he wanted to breed his dog and make some $$$. Def. not a puppy mill or anything like that, we treat animals with the upmost respect and dignity. I will be getting a male. He said that he was going to post a craigslist ad, but I know the people on the Pet board are good pet owners so I just randomly brought this up. Correct me if I am out of bounds , by all means.

well hopefullly his main objective in selling the pups isnt the money. there are just too many scumbags out there who search those ads just looking for pitbulls. maybe he has other friends or family members who would also want to get one. if he does place an ad he should take the time carefully screen and interview everyone.

have the pups been born yet? pictures?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »
who wants one?any crack dealer in the NJ/NY area.
DAWG

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 08:06:17 AM »
hook up with my homie dmx
Z

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »
Good luck.  There are TONS of Pits down here in Broward, probably due to them being banned in Palm Beach and Dade counties.  I got my boy for pretty cheap though, his mother was a Red Nose, father a Blue.  However, it seems that the big money at the moment is geared towards BLUES, particularily of the Gotti, Razors Edge, and Gray Fox lines and these dogs are often huuuuge.  While a massive, huge-headed Pit looks impressive, I think it actually defeats the overall purpose of a Pit in being an agile, athletic, and medium-sized dog.  I call those dogs Hippos :).  As for making a bit of money, well, I don't think you'll make THAT much on just 1 litter or 2 of pups...you have to factor in shots, vet visits for the mother post-birth, food, space, accessories.

Hope they find good homes, there are an overwhelming amount of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes in shelters across the US.  They make great family dogs and are extremely intelligent.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »
This idea has disaster written all over it.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 12:46:27 PM »
Good luck.  There are TONS of Pits down here in Broward, probably due to them being banned in Palm Beach and Dade counties.  I got my boy for pretty cheap though, his mother was a Red Nose, father a Blue.  However, it seems that the big money at the moment is geared towards BLUES, particularily of the Gotti, Razors Edge, and Gray Fox lines and these dogs are often huuuuge.  While a massive, huge-headed Pit looks impressive, I think it actually defeats the overall purpose of a Pit in being an agile, athletic, and medium-sized dog.  I call those dogs Hippos :).  As for making a bit of money, well, I don't think you'll make THAT much on just 1 litter or 2 of pups...you have to factor in shots, vet visits for the mother post-birth, food, space, accessories.

Hope they find good homes, there are an overwhelming amount of Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes in shelters across the US.  They make great family dogs and are extremely intelligent.

Agreed.  People do the same thing with Rotties and breed them for size, and you have big lanky disproportionate 160lb Rottweilers.  An APBT terrier should be like 40-75lbs, and athletic as can be.  These people who breed these supposedly "100lb" beasts are kind of silly, because while the dogs look cool and all, it isn't what they were meant to be and to relate it to bodybuilding.  I wonder what age those dogs live to.  Most of those kennels have the dogs with chains around their neck and shit like a DMX video.  It is such a macho thing.  If you want a big dog buy a mastiff or a Dogo or something, a dog that can handle the weight it was meant to carry, don't get a dog that is 100lbs and 17 inches at the shoulder, lol.  I'd never buy one of those puppies without meeting the parents, in fear of what kind of temperament they came from.

If I personally were ever to buy a pitbull I'd find someone who has both the male and female on the property, and is affiliated with SOME sort of governing body, obviously not the AKC since APBT's aren't recognized.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 08:06:28 PM »
Agreed.  People do the same thing with Rotties and breed them for size, and you have big lanky disproportionate 160lb Rottweilers.  An APBT terrier should be like 40-75lbs, and athletic as can be.  These people who breed these supposedly "100lb" beasts are kind of silly, because while the dogs look cool and all, it isn't what they were meant to be and to relate it to bodybuilding.  I wonder what age those dogs live to.  Most of those kennels have the dogs with chains around their neck and shit like a DMX video.  It is such a macho thing.  If you want a big dog buy a mastiff or a Dogo or something, a dog that can handle the weight it was meant to carry, don't get a dog that is 100lbs and 17 inches at the shoulder, lol.  I'd never buy one of those puppies without meeting the parents, in fear of what kind of temperament they came from.

If I personally were ever to buy a pitbull I'd find someone who has both the male and female on the property, and is affiliated with SOME sort of governing body, obviously not the AKC since APBT's aren't recognized.

I have a red nosed pit.  And she is the most obedient, affectionate dog I've ever owned.  Just a great dog.  You do make some good points in your post.  Most people do not understand that a pit is not a real big dog according to the standards of the UKC.  My female is just under 50 pounds.  The 100 plus pound dogs that you see advertised on the net aren't pits that are true to the breed.  And they come with a whole host of ortho problems.  And the people that continue to breed these monsters are ruining the breed.

But I'd really tell Jae to re-think breeding to make a few bucks.  Most people don't make that much.  Consider the vet bills, food, time commitment, etc. and it's an expensive proposition.  Then, unless you have a really good bloodline, the price you can charge may not cover your costs.  Just some things to consider.  If you want to learn more about breeding and the breed itself, there are a few forums specific to game dogs out there where you can talk to people about it

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
I have a red nosed pit.  And she is the most obedient, affectionate dog I've ever owned.  Just a great dog.  You do make some good points in your post.  Most people do not understand that a pit is not a real big dog according to the standards of the UKC.  My female is just under 50 pounds.  The 100 plus pound dogs that you see advertised on the net aren't pits that are true to the breed.  And they come with a whole host of ortho problems.  And the people that continue to breed these monsters are ruining the breed.

But I'd really tell Jae to re-think breeding to make a few bucks.  Most people don't make that much.  Consider the vet bills, food, time commitment, etc. and it's an expensive proposition.  Then, unless you have a really good bloodline, the price you can charge may not cover your costs.  Just some things to consider.  If you want to learn more about breeding and the breed itself, there are a few forums specific to game dogs out there where you can talk to people about it

By game dogs do you mean fighting dogs?

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 08:20:16 AM »
I use the word game to describe their temperment and intensity, although people do use the word game to describe their fighting ability.  When people familiar with the breed now refer to a pit as being game (as I do), most refer to the fact that true bred pits do everything at 110%--they will play at 110% (my pit plays with a couple rots at the dog park and is relentless, even when they are pooped), love you at 110%, defend themselves at 110%, defend YOU at 110% and want to please you at 110% (which incidently is why they are quick learners).  That is to be distinguished from a dog that has been "game tested" which does relate to its fighting charachteristics.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »

who cares if the dogs are built for size-----------yes they arent the breed standard and they would be worthless as "fighting dogs" but I would never want to own a dog for that anyway

personally i love the bully pits, their temparment are second to none in terms of gentleness and tempermant.  People are breeding them without "fighting" in mind, they are breed more as show dogs.  They also are quite athletic though, more so than a person who has never owned them would think.  I think taking the focus off pits as "fighting dogs" is a great thing.  I own to pits that are "breed standard" and one who is a bully pit, and I love them both and would not judge anyone better than the other.

I cant stand when people get all judgmental about bully pits----------they are not "cows", they are very very athletic and agile for their size--if you dont think so then you have never owned one and are just being ignorant. They are beautiful dogs and not the breed standard but I dont think thats a bad thing.

If you dont like the look then thats cool but to negatively judge them and make assumptions about them is just plain ignorant and absurd :-\

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »
Finally someone knows the correct size for a APBT!

Looking online at a 100lb Pit Bull is crazy!  Totally unnatural, anyone can mix a Pit Bull w/ a mastiff if they wanted to, what's the point?
my dog is not mixed with a mastiff ;)

he is a blue ribbon UKC registered dog----I have his pedigree back 7 generations and their is no mastiff "mixed" in

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 07:32:03 AM »
my dog is not mixed with a mastiff ;)

he is a blue ribbon UKC registered dog----I have his pedigree back 7 generations and their is no mastiff "mixed" in

If you are going to brag about a dog that you supposedly have, then get it right.  It's PURPLE RIBBON, not BLUE

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 08:50:25 AM »
If you are going to brag about a dog that you supposedly have, then get it right.  It's PURPLE RIBBON, not BLUE

AHahahahaha.

I like emn1964.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
ok mr detail nazi---------first off all I wasnt bragging, if you happened to read my earlier posts you will see i own pits that are breed standard and bully and dont see any as better than the other--------secondly irregardlessIf i mistakenly said blue instead of purple--- my dog's pedigree is still documented 7 generations back and there is no "mastiff" mixed in :-*

oh and bro If you think I "supposedly" have the dog then you must not have seen my thread where I have pics of my puppy and parents and ancestors----------sorry to burst your bubble :-\

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2007, 08:31:19 PM »
ok mr detail nazi---------first off all I wasnt bragging, if you happened to read my earlier posts you will see i own pits that are breed standard and bully and dont see any as better than the other--------secondly irregardlessIf i mistakenly said blue instead of purple--- my dog's pedigree is still documented 7 generations back and there is no "mastiff" mixed in :-*

oh and bro If you think I "supposedly" have the dog then you must not have seen my thread where I have pics of my puppy and parents and ancestors----------sorry to burst your bubble :-\

meltdown
:)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 08:23:03 AM »

I feel compelled to tell you that "irregardless" is not a word.  Please don't melt again.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 09:11:44 AM »

meltdown

haha nice to see your're still following me around :-*

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 09:49:46 AM »
All I ask is that we keep this shit out of CHucka's thread, which you guys have so far thanks....

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 10:24:28 AM »
All I ask is that we keep this shit out of CHucka's thread, which you guys have so far thanks....
well I dont even know what Im doing in this thread since according to "eminem1964" I dont even own a pit :-\ :P ;D

oh and congrats on chucka being dog of the month sin----well deserved, great looking boy for 8 months  8)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 10:26:45 AM »
well I dont even know what Im doing in this thread since according to "eminem1964" I dont even own a pit :-\ :P ;D

oh and congrats on chucka being dog of the month sin----well deserved, great looking boy for 8 months  8)

Thanks Nordic your boy is getting fucking huge......Yeah my boys are sitting at about 60 lbs or so.. but chucka doesnt show his muscle the way chaos does?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 10:36:32 AM »
Thanks Nordic your boy is getting fucking huge......Yeah my boys are sitting at about 60 lbs or so.. but chucka doesnt show his muscle the way chaos does?
some bloodlines take a little longer to "pop" in terms of muscle---------the part of my boy's bloodline (Chaos blood) is notorius for taking up to 2 years for some of the males really fill out.

ohh and here is some pics of my boy for the doubters and people full of malice ;)

how can you hate on such a cute little guy :-\