Author Topic: I think I Saved 3 Dogs & Caused a Divorce  (Read 8990 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
I think I Saved 3 Dogs & Caused a Divorce
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:01:01 PM »

Hubby & I went to the Brewers – Cubs game this weekend.  It was an absolutely perfect fall day; bright, sunny and 85 degrees. The people from Illinois in the black SUV who parked next to us brought 3 dogs with them ~ 2 young puggles and an older collie mix.

As it became clear they intended to leave them unattended, yours truly got involved.  I was very calm, non-confrontational but very firm.  I explained in detail how dangerous it was for the animals and suggested they take turns staying with the dogs or leaving, but let them know I was not going to let them leave the dogs in there.  They truly had no clue.  The man became quite agitated yet would not engage with me.  The woman became very concerned and seemed to finally understand. 

Meanwhile, my husband went into the game knowing I wasn’t going anywhere.  After about ½  hour the two got into the truck and just sat there yelling at each other, him berating her for being stupid and listening to a stranger among other abusive talk – at that point, nothing at all about the dogs and her just crying and yelling back at him to stop calling her names and stupid. 

At that point, I should’ve just butted out, but offered to share in going in and out of the game attending the dogs.  She said there was no way they were staying after the way he was treating her and they “left”.  In case they planned to find another parking spot, I reported the vehicle with plate # to the on site sheriff’s dept. and security patrolling the lots. 

What would you have done?

:

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: I think I Saved 3 Dogs & Caused a Divorce
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 07:27:29 AM »
I would have told them theat it's normal for the way that they are being because they are cub fans & cub fans are the biggest idiots I know

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 10:32:26 AM »

Probably the same thing.  Good work Princess!!
R

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »

I reported the vehicle with plate # to the on site sheriff’s dept. and security patrolling the lots. 

I would have done that and went in and watched the game....

I don't think once the game starts there a hell of a lot of crime going on in the paking lot of Wrigley field so they probably would have given that a priority to watch

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:31:50 PM »
I & cub fans are the biggest idiots I know

You're being too kind

I would have done that and went in and watched the game....

I don't think once the game starts there a hell of a lot of crime going on in the parking lot of Wrigley field so they probably would have given that a priority to watch

I only missed the first couple of minutes of the game, which was at Miller Park. 
The sheriff said they do patrol and keep an eye out.  If an animal is found, local animal control is contacted, the vehicle broken into, animals taken to shelter and vehicle impounded.

I found out today that dogs with pushed in faces, like the puggles, are even more susceptible to distress/death in that type of environment.
:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 03:53:33 AM »

Hubby & I went to the Brewers – Cubs game this weekend.  It was an absolutely perfect fall day; bright, sunny and 85 degrees. The people from Illinois in the black SUV who parked next to us brought 3 dogs with them ~ 2 young puggles and an older collie mix.

As it became clear they intended to leave them unattended, yours truly got involved.  I was very calm, non-confrontational but very firm.  I explained in detail how dangerous it was for the animals and suggested they take turns staying with the dogs or leaving, but let them know I was not going to let them leave the dogs in there.  They truly had no clue.  The man became quite agitated yet would not engage with me.  The woman became very concerned and seemed to finally understand. 

Meanwhile, my husband went into the game knowing I wasn’t going anywhere.  After about ½  hour the two got into the truck and just sat there yelling at each other, him berating her for being stupid and listening to a stranger among other abusive talk – at that point, nothing at all about the dogs and her just crying and yelling back at him to stop calling her names and stupid. 

At that point, I should’ve just butted out, but offered to share in going in and out of the game attending the dogs.  She said there was no way they were staying after the way he was treating her and they “left”.  In case they planned to find another parking spot, I reported the vehicle with plate # to the on site sheriff’s dept. and security patrolling the lots. 

Jesus. You should have minded your own business. ::) It is their life and they are the dog owners. Do you want to dictate their sex life to them as well? This is a serious question.
I hate the State.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:36:58 AM »
Jesus. You should have minded your own business. ::) It is their life and they are the dog owners. Do you want to dictate their sex life to them as well? This is a serious question.

Wether it being a dog or child, Princess L did something responsible where this land is filled with a bunch of irresponsible people.

Nobody is ever given a class or taught how to care for a dog let a lone a child.  It sometimes takes a community to raise a family type mentality.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »
Jesus. You should have minded your own business. ::) It is their life and they are the dog owners.

So you're saying we as a society should look the other way on animal abuse?

Do you want to dictate their sex life to them as well? This is a serious question.

Only if it occurs in my presence.
:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »
So you're saying we as a society should look the other way on animal abuse?

Only if it occurs in my presence.

Where do you draw the line? I don't want people to tell me how to live my life.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
I have intervened several times when I've seen dogs in cars on hot days.  Also one time when I saw a guy shaking around a little dog I slammed on my brakes and threw it into reverse and confronted him. It's a wonder I've not been shot or something yet :P
R

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

should'nt you be on the nutrition board asking question about creatine ?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 04:46:53 PM »
should'nt you be on the nutrition board asking question about creatine ?

I am a creatine non-responder. Useless stuff.
I hate the State.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
Did you know on a hot day (over 80 degrees) the internal temperature in the average car reaches UPWARDS of 300 degrees? It only takes five minutes to heat up the interior of the car because glass is an insulator, and traps heat.  That's why when you jump into the car after it's been sitting a long time it almost takes your breath away.  What do you immediately do?  Open the window all the way or blast the AC.

Dogs overheat MUCH faster than we do. They can't sweat, and they use their supply of water much faster. It only takes an hour to kill a dog.

Dateline did a study a while ago when this was a big controversy, and placed a thermometer inside of a car on a typical day in five different states (FL, KY, CA, NY, and WY). In just under ten minutes, ALL cars were reaching temperatures ABOVE 130 degrees

Hmmmm, wonder what would have happened if they stayed through the whole game?   >:(

Also, down here in S. FL. it's against the law to leave a pet unattended in a parked vehicle in a manner than endangers the health or safety of the animal.

:D Weee

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 07:24:14 AM »

Why not?

I just had you telling me what I need to do if my dog mauls a child

dipshit

~weed~

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »

It was the dogs lives that were a concern and they had no say in it.  If you would like to put a blanket on and go sit in a car in 85deg weather with the windows cracked, then you go do it, it's your life.  Choose to take an animal (or child) with you and do that, then people will intervene.

moron
  :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 02:13:09 PM »

Why not?

I just had you telling me what I need to do if my dog mauls a child

dipshit

There are limitations. Part of Libertarian principles is the fact that you can do what you want...until it interferes with other people's lives; if your dog kills a child you ought to be held responsible and possibly tried for murder.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 02:14:48 PM »

It was the dogs lives that were a concern and they had no say in it.  If you would like to put a blanket on and go sit in a car in 85deg weather with the windows cracked, then you go do it, it's your life.  Choose to take an animal (or child) with you and do that, then people will intervene.

moron
  :)

We all know you values dogs' lives over human lives and who knows you probably practice bestiality as well since you shun human beings so much.
I hate the State.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
We all know you values dogs' lives over human lives and who knows you probably practice bestiality as well since you shun human beings so much.
Deicide, that's not a nice statement, nor a fair statement.  You are generalizing and are totally incorrect.  I'm sure there are extremists (I believe PETA has quite a few) but I don't believe they would put an animal's life over a human's.  Meaning if there were a person drowning and a dog drowning and they were forced to swim and rescue one or the other, I believe they would rescue the person.  One would have to be a hater of the human race race to do differently.  I just don't see it. 

I'd also like to believe that if you walked past an automobile and noticed there were animals inside that were literally dying from being left in a sweltering car...you would do what it took to rescue them and not just "mind your own business" and continue walking.   :-\
:D Weee

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 03:52:03 PM »
There are limitations. Part of Libertarian principles is the fact that you can do what you want...until it interferes with other people's lives; if your dog kills a child you ought to be held responsible and possibly tried for murder.

so you're saying because you're better than everyone else or in some different position to tell people the limitations & which ones can or cannot be interferred with?

dipshit.....let me get you a shovel

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2008, 04:32:05 PM »
Deicide, that's not a nice statement, nor a fair statement.  You are generalizing and are totally incorrect.  I'm sure there are extremists (I believe PETA has quite a few) but I don't believe they would put an animal's life over a human's.  Meaning if there were a person drowning and a dog drowning and they were forced to swim and rescue one or the other, I believe they would rescue the person.  One would have to be a hater of the human race race to do differently.  I just don't see it. 

I'd also like to believe that if you walked past an automobile and noticed there were animals inside that were literally dying from being left in a sweltering car...you would do what it took to rescue them and not just "mind your own business" and continue walking.   :-\

Flower prizes animal lives over human lives; it's a common fact.  She hates humans.

Those animals are someone else's property; they were bought by other people. I am supposed to break into a car, damage the car (also their property)  and interfere with other people's property?
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »
so you're saying because you're better than everyone else or in some different position to tell people the limitations & which ones can or cannot be interferred with?

dipshit.....let me get you a shovel

Pets are people's property; you don't march into your neighbor's yard and start trimming his weeds or clipping his flowers because you think it would be better for him, do you? I don't mess with other people's property. It is theirs to do with as they see fit.

You still did not answer my question: if your Rotweiler killed a child, would you feel remorse?
I hate the State.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »
Some skank should come  try telling me how I should treat my boerboel. I'll let that 80 kg fucker do all the talking for me.
To the nosy skank who started this thread. I hope someone comes along and tells you how you should treat your children or animals and see how you like it. And the fact that you go around telling people you caused a divorce says allot about yourself.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »
Great work Princess.  I prefer animals over people most of the time as well.  Judging by some of these stupid fucking responses you can guess why...lol.

~weed~

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
Flower prizes animal lives over human lives; it's a common fact.  She hates humans.

Those animals are someone else's property; they were bought by other people. I am supposed to break into a car, damage the car (also their property)  and interfere with other people's property?

by law they cannot be cruel or endanger the life of an animal. If they had left the dogs in the car they could have been arrested.  Princess L saved them from both the possible loss of their "property" (the dogs dieing in the car) and a fine and jail time. If they left the dogs under those circumstances they would have been breaking the law. 

~weed~

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
I'm sure there are extremists (I believe PETA has quite a few) but I don't believe they would put an animal's life over a human's.  Meaning if there were a person drowning and a dog drowning and they were forced to swim and rescue one or the other, I believe they would rescue the person. 

Actually Peta would let everyone die because they don't think animals should be owned and should all be free so the dog and people would all be on their own.