Author Topic: Fat Loss & Muscle Gain at the Same Time - Is it Possible?  (Read 884 times)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Fat Loss & Muscle Gain at the Same Time - Is it Possible?
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:41:15 AM »
A lot of people say no, but I've found that at higher bf % you can do it - especially those new to lifting.  But, when leaner and already well developed, it becomes hard to do so. 

I've found that insulin preworkout is perfect for lean gains and fat loss.  You won't gain anywhere near as much muscle as you would if your calories were higher, but you do gain some muscle.

Has anyone ever tried going three weeks on a bulking diet/regimen and then doing zero carb the fourth week to lose fat, before repeating?  I'm curious what the results would be.  You tend to gain better after dieting due to a rebound effect.

Thoughts?

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
Re: Fat Loss & Muscle Gain at the Same Time - Is it Possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
im curious too abc, i do think it is possible for someone to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, expecially if gear is involved and the diet is right on! I would think itll happen easier if on a bulking diet like mentioned and cut the carbs, then repeat. our bodies are very complex to where i would never doubt what we as humans are capable of, again, expecially if using the right hormones
muscle

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:09:45 AM »
Anything is possible with drugs, especially in baseball.
G

io856

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
I think its possible with the right hormones i.e. using fat stores as energy to create lean muscle mass

Not optimal but possible

Stavios

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 01:52:06 PM »
A lot of people say no, but I've found that at higher bf % you can do it - especially those new to lifting.  But, when leaner and already well developed, it becomes hard to do so. 

I've found that insulin preworkout is perfect for lean gains and fat loss.  You won't gain anywhere near as much muscle as you would if your calories were higher, but you do gain some muscle.

Has anyone ever tried going three weeks on a bulking diet/regimen and then doing zero carb the fourth week to lose fat, before repeating?  I'm curious what the results would be.  You tend to gain better after dieting due to a rebound effect.

Thoughts?

I don't think people gain better after a diet, it's only water and fat.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
I don't think people gain better after a diet, it's only water and fat.

You don't believe in the rebound effect that Dorian used to talk about?

Stavios

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »
You don't believe in the rebound effect that Dorian used to talk about?

I use to believe it, but the more I think about it the more I think it's bs  ;D