Author Topic: Debate  (Read 16076 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Debate
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
I'm not a fan of Bill Maher, but I think these are very good, civil discussions with Ralph Reed.

Sizwe

• Getbig II
Re: Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
I wouldn't be too surprised if one day Bill Maher reverts back to Christianity once his public life is done

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:02:44 PM »
I wouldn't be too surprised if one day Bill Maher reverts back to Christianity once his public life is done

I would be shocked... you just can't go back once you know you were brainwashed

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »
I would be shocked... you just can't go back once you know you were brainwashed

Hopefully more and more people will come to this fact.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »
Hopefully more and more people will come to this fact.

Got great news for you!  Many, many, many more people will fall away from the faith they profess.  I suspect Christianity will be outlawed and God thrown out and all other non-Christian religions (Islam, Catholicism, Mormonism, etc) will join arm in arm with atheists, agnostics and various apostate groups and form a single, unified, global belief system lead by a chief antiChrist. 

And then the Lord Jesus will return and utterly and completely obliterate the unrighteous and wicked haters and deniers of God.

That's what you have to look forward to.

Or!!

You can deny yourself and pick the cross of Christ and serve his will above your own.  Be made righteous.  Br aligned with God.  Be his child....his body of believers...the church.  Thats what I want for each of you.  Dont be destroyed because of your denial.  Choose to follow the only God in Jesus Christ  that desires to be in fellowship and faithful relationship with you always.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »
Got great news for you!  Many, many, many more people will fall away from the faith they profess.  I suspect Christianity will be outlawed and God thrown out and all other non-Christian religions (Islam, Catholicism, Mormonism, etc) will join arm in arm with atheists, agnostics and various apostate groups and form a single, unified, global belief system lead by a chief antiChrist. 

And then the Lord Jesus will return and utterly and completely obliterate the unrighteous and wicked haters and deniers of God.

Or!!

You can deny yourself and pick the cross of Christ and serve his will above your own.  Be made righteous.  Br aligned with God.  Be his child....his body of believers...the church.  Thats what I want for each of you.  Dont be destroyed because of your denial.  Choose to follow the only God in Jesus Christ  that desires to be in fellowship and faithful relationship with you always.

I don't see religion being outlawed, I think as we progress and evolve, superstitions will continue to fall by the wayside...No need to outlaw them

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 02:12:21 PM »

Or!!

Butthurt? For the record your form of Christianity only exists because of the Catholic Church .

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 01:16:22 AM »

Or!!

It's highly unlikely that Christianity will be outlawed. It's at the top of the list with 2.1 billion practitioners.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 06:16:53 AM »
I don't see religion being outlawed, I think as we progress and evolve, superstitions will continue to fall by the wayside...No need to outlaw them

Could be a lot of that as well (or instead).

I think the intolerant tolerance of our modern antiChristian society is slowly legalizing all things sinful.....homosexuality, transgenderism, abortion, drug usage, etc.....slowly but surely we legislate one more milestone further from God.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 06:18:47 AM »
Butthurt? For the record your form of Christianity only exists because of the Catholic Church .

He doesn't count Roman Catholics so you can subtract 1.2 billion from that list and I suspect he doesn't count the Eastern Orthodox either so that's minus another 270 mill. So perhaps if by 'Christianity' he's referring to his own denomination, it does sound more feasible (e.g. Jehovahs Witnesses now banned in Russia).

Wanna discuss church history now?  Sounds fun, bring it.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 06:31:51 AM »
religion is needed at the very least to give people morals and values, look at the disaster happening in the secular west, they're worshiping basically anything that has to do with genitals being used in a perverse, degenerate way and nothing else

(gays, trannies, soon pedophiles, etc etc)

Sizwe

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 10:43:23 AM »
Wanna discuss church history now?  Sounds fun, bring it.
We have before and since like Wiggs and his 'the real Hebrews are black Americans' gig you hold an alternative view of history so we just end up talking past each other.  Even when we agree that the Church for the first few centuries was the Roman Catholic Church you often fail to clarify that you don't believe it's same Roman Catholic Church of today (which you deem non-christian) even though the beliefs and writings coincide.
So having said that, I'll just leave you with this  :P

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 06:23:24 PM »
We have before and since like Wiggs and his 'the real Hebrews are black Americans' gig you hold an alternative view of history so we just end up talking past each other.  Even when we agree that the Church for the first few centuries was the Roman Catholic Church you often fail to clarify that you don't believe it's same Roman Catholic Church of today (which you deem non-christian) even though the beliefs and writings coincide.
So having said that, I'll just leave you with this  :P

We have discussed and I respect you.  I don't for a minute believe you don't love and submit to God.  I disagree with the RCC but dont believe Catholics are bad folks.  In almost every group there are a few bad people that hurt the cause of the many good.  I believe you to be part of that body of good.  

Again, to be very clear the early church was pre-RCC but later organized in Rome.  The pre-papacy church of Rome was a foundation for Christainity but it lost its way and invented a hierarchy, doctrines, theology that stood at odds with Christ and the disciples.  The RCC was perverted by government and power and twisted theology.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »

Or!!

I think you misunderstand what Jesus was saying, he is saying we are all god, oneness. Christ is consciousness, that is the kingdom of heaven within.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 06:09:56 AM »
I think you misunderstand what Jesus was saying, he is saying we are all god, oneness. Christ is consciousness, that is the kingdom of heaven within.

Support from scripture would be helpful we you have time to provide.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »
Nice to see you, Necrosis.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 03:54:43 PM »
I suspect Christianity will be outlawed and God thrown out and all other non-Christian religions (Islam, Catholicism, Mormonism, etc) will join arm in arm with atheists, agnostics and various apostate groups and form a single, unified, global belief system lead by a chief antiChrist. 

Your delusions are becoming more violent and spiteful. How about some solid evidence instead?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
religion is needed at the very least to give people morals and values, look at the disaster happening in the secular west, they're worshiping basically anything that has to do with genitals being used in a perverse, degenerate way and nothing else

(gays, trannies, soon pedophiles, etc etc)

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-1101-zuckerman-violence-secularism-20151101-story,amp.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »
Exactly, you don't have to be a 'believer' to acknowledge this. Not only did the Catholic Church decide which books the Bible should consist of, they also faithfully copied and preserved the scriptures for over a millennium before the printing press arrived. And if it weren't for God's aid of Catholic soldiers during either The Battle of Tours (732 AD) or The Battle of Lepanto (1571 AD), Europe and by extension the US would most likely be Muslim today.
But like Wiggs, I suspect MOS doesn't buy much into many historical facts which seems to be somewhat trendy amongst many of the religious in the States.

bingo

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 10:40:05 AM »
bingo

LOL, I've repeatedly discussed church history with several folks. further, my position on the early Christian church and then the church of Rome is ALWAYS twisted into a straw man argument because that's the ONLY way people can make their case.  I've seen this over and over and over for years....same flawed tactics, same lack of understanding.  

do you know how many times I've seen an argument like that presented with someone replying in agreement with "bingo", "exactly" or "he doesn't get it"?  I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of supporters of straw man argumentation that ignorantly exclaim "he doesn't understand the Catholic church was the foundation LOL!!  and it makes no difference how much I provide correction, context or clarity, BUT when I do that's about the time the objectors fall silent....it's very telling.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 01:32:54 PM »
Your delusions are becoming more violent and spiteful. How about some solid evidence instead?

Atheists don't follow the evidence for God LOL and I've all presented all kinds of evidence for years.  Search my post history if you're interested....I'll be here holding my breath.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 07:27:10 PM »
Atheists don't follow the evidence for God LOL and I've all presented all kinds of evidence for years.  Search my post history if you're interested....I'll be here holding my breath.

Wouldn't want you to suffocate.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
Wouldn't want you to suffocate.

Thanks for the confirmation that you wouldn't follow any evidence provided.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 07:00:31 AM »
Maher grew up in a very wealthy town in NJ and graduated from an Ivy League university.

His net worth is estimated at $100 million.

He is therefore eminently qualified to speak on behalf of the oppressed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Maher

"Maher was raised in River Vale, New Jersey, and graduated from Pascack Hills High School in Montvale in 1974.  He then attended Cornell University, where he double majored in English and history, and graduated in 1978."