Author Topic: japanese war crimes  (Read 8900 times)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
japanese war crimes
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:08:18 PM »
the japs were much worse than the nazis.

http://www.centurychina.com/wiihist/

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: japanese war crimes
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 02:09:37 PM »
I wonder why the Nazis took so much more heat than the japs?  ???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 02:09:59 PM »
They were some ruthless bastards, IMO the closest thing in WWII to today's modern jihadists.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »
I wonder why the Nazis took so much more heat than the japs?  ???

Germany was hodling a two-front war against the 3 biggest world powers.  Also, GER killed lots of people of Jewish descent, and as the Jewish element permeates both AMerican and worldwide media and education systems in a big way, it obviously serves their agenda well to remind us of this as frequently as possible.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 02:13:04 PM »

No they weren't.

Trust me, i'm german and i am getting my master's degree in japanese hisory next summer.

I've read more than one shitty webpage on the topic. What the japanese did during the war was very bad but it wasn't
industrialized genocide of millions of people.

You should not trust this source, either. It's an anti-japanese propaganda page done by chinese.
Read the right books and don't rely on internet pages for ressource.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 02:15:14 PM »
not to derail this one... but seriously, it's hard to take seriously the accounts of war crimes when retold by the victorious victimes, yesars later.

There's just too much motivation to embellish when doing so will benefit you.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »
Some pretty savage things went down at Buchenwald.

:-X
S

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 02:20:49 PM »
My grandfather died in a prison camp. A brother of my grandmother died when he served in the Dutch navy. The ship he served on was attacked and entered by Japs. I believe he drowned.

The bersiap period after WW2 was probably even worse. Lot's of people where slaughtered during that period.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »
not to derail this one... but seriously, it's hard to take seriously the accounts of war crimes when retold by the victorious victimes, yesars later.

especially on behalf of the chinese who use the history frequently in their actual politics.
Once Japan does something they don't like like limiting ex- or imports, they come up with another WWII story.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 03:14:54 PM »
especially on behalf of the chinese who use the history frequently in their actual politics.
Once Japan does something they don't like like limiting ex- or imports, they come up with another WWII story.

Sure.  The other large group of victims used the controlled and cultivated accounts of their abuse to their advantage pretty well too.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 03:24:38 PM »
My mother was born in one of the japanese relocation camps, Camp Douglas.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »
No they weren't.

Trust me, i'm german and i am getting my master's degree in japanese hisory next summer.

I've read more than one shitty webpage on the topic. What the japanese did during the war was very bad but it wasn't

You should not trust this source, either. It's an anti-japanese propaganda page done by chinese.
This is an excellent point, Going to a Chinese source on this is highly problamatic

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 04:02:41 PM »

That's a very good point.  History is written by the victors.  However, i have many relatives who fought the japaneese in the Phillipines, both flip and white who saw their astocracies first hand. 

Also add that to the overwHelming evidence and accounts from civilians and soldiers from WW2.  The germans performing genocide on Jews and Gypsies.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
both regimes killed millions of civilians.

one difference is contrasting how japs treated american POWs and how germans did. Germans, by and large, treated them well and in accordance with international standards, while the Japs sent many to slave camps and put them on death marches.

Of course, on the Eastern Front (Germany vs Russia), god help  you if you were taken prisoner.
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »
The winners in WWII had the losers sign admissions of guilt.  Some of these admissions contain numbers which were impossible based upon available resources.  Like, they now believe that (what camp was it) 100,000 people were killed, not 1 million as originally thought.

I'm not so sure the German officer accidentally confessed to killing ten times more people than he really did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 05:41:54 PM »

Try reading Rape of Nanking.  Absolutely incredible story about the Japanese invasion of China.  Just downright ruthless and inhumane.  I had to put the book down several times because it was so graphic. 

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »
No they weren't.

that's not where i get my info from.,.,,was just looking for a page on the subject.,.,,happened to be the first result on google.,,.,,.still stand by my statement!,.,

-DL

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »
Try reading Rape of Nanking.  Absolutely incredible story about the Japanese invasion of China.  Just downright ruthless and inhumane.  I had to put the book down several times because it was so graphic. 
yup, read about and seen the movie, comfort women too, all of it.,.,.! sick stuff.,.,!  much worse than the nazis.,,.,  my girlfriend is chinese~.,.

-DL

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »
I wonder why the Nazis took so much more heat than the japes?  ???

I think it was due to a lot of reasons. We let the emperor stay we just made him renounce his divinity.
The House that Ruth built

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 07:33:52 PM »
Hey delusional, kudos on a good subject, I think we get caught up in modern politics so much we neglect the past which of couse has a lot of importance in how we approach things happening now.

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 03:25:38 AM »

Well, try to read something from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. How some great nation decide to make some history, and use them as a target for first nuke bombs used in war. What a brave act, kill like half a million civil just like that...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 04:15:39 AM »
Well, try to read something from Hiroshima and Nagasaki. How some great nation decide to make some history, and use them as a target for first nuke bombs used in war. What a brave act, kill like half a million civil just like that...

Yes, that's another point.

It's useless discussing this further. One has a chinese girlfriend, one has a japanese mother, i am studying japanese history.

We all have our opinions.

I could go on and on about the millions of people Mao Zedong murdered, so there isn't really a point in comparing evil to another and saying what is worse.
Humankind does some crazy shit to itself, that's for sure. And, from my experience, every race or nation is fascist.
Everyone thinks the country he is born in is somewhat better than another. (Except Pakistanis  ;D ).

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 09:24:16 AM »
japs wouldnt surrender.  better nuke them than kill many americans trying to take the home islands
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 09:40:24 AM »
japs wouldnt surrender.  better nuke them than kill many americans trying to take the home islands

we nuked two civilian cities and let tokyo stand.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »
we nuked two civilian cities and let tokyo stand.

We killed more people fire bombing tokyo than the nukes killed.

Point was they weren;t going to surrender and as a result we would have spent another 2 years fighting.  The bombs ended that war and saved many american and Japaneese lives.