Author Topic: Trivia Time: Who said this in 2002?  (Read 1812 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Trivia Time: Who said this in 2002?
« on: January 03, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »
Who said this in 2002?

"Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors...and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars."

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Trivia Time: Who said this in 2002?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 05:52:57 PM »
Who said this in 2002?

"Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors...and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

Thanks B,  nice post,  still pissed at me?  :'(

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 07:31:56 PM »
nobody....

Obama said it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 07:33:21 PM »
More trivia that nobody has the balls to deal with... who said we would be greeted as liberators and the iraq war would be pay for itself? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »
and he didn't even hold office then.  Pretty much hit it on the head...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
More trivia that nobody has the balls to deal with... who said we would be greeted as liberators and the iraq war would be pay for itself? 

Bush, Rummy or Cheney?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:09:51 AM »
Not to detract from Obama, ...but that was pretty much the viewpoint of the global community.
It was pretty much a no-brainer. unfortunately, there were those with a separate agenda to push that had no basis in logic, wisdom or understanding. that was the message that got pushed. sad but true.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 05:10:50 AM »
Bush, Rummy or Cheney?

All three. I remember Rumsfeld saying it. {spit}  :(
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 07:02:08 AM »
Not to detract from Obama, ...but that was pretty much the viewpoint of the global community.
It was pretty much a no-brainer. unfortunately, there were those with a separate agenda to push that had no basis in logic, wisdom or understanding. that was the message that got pushed. sad but true.
::) yes yes yes, in case you couldn't figure it out there were no shortage of anti-war especially anti-this-war protests here before the war so we're not complete idiots like you make us out to be all the time.  Don't forget the country had their news both left and right and leaders engaged in the biggest propaganda campaign ever worked on a population of 300 million.  The people were clockwerk oranged.  I fuggin guarantee if we clockwerked Canadians, they'd all march off a cliff on demand--aye hoser.  :P