Author Topic: 32,000,000, that's the number of Americans who will get health insurance  (Read 4284 times)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
that's the difference between you and me.

I actually feel good for you.   You buy an individual health plan (I think you've said that) and without this bill you'd probably be looking at monthly premiums of ~ 2k somewhere down the road and you'd only get that great deal if you chose a 20k annual deductible and of course they would not cover your antipsychotic meds because that would be a pre-existing condition

The man is so ignorant he can't even see the plan will be beneficial to him..

the man is more than likely on some sort of psychoactive drug..More than likely some sort of ADD/ Anti depressant combo..

333367 blinded by the muth*fu*Gk*ng bullsh*t propaganda he reads.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The man is so ignorant he can't even see the plan will be beneficial to him..

the man is more than likely on some sort of psychoactive drug..More than likely some sort of ADD/ Anti depressant combo..

Hysterical coming from a confressed coke head. 

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Hysterical coming from a confressed coke head.  

you also admitted to using ephedrine before.

more than likely you're not afraid to dabble with psychoactive drugs, me thinks :o

go to the doctor and get some Valium or something to clam you down.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
4 years of upfront tax collection and nothing spent you fool!  Of course you cant be bothered with details and facts when you dear leader spoon feads you poison. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/18/cbo-score-on-health-care_n_502543.html  (333 - remember you like this site when it has info you agree with)

Comprehensive health care reform will cost the federal government $940 billion over a ten-year period, but will increase revenue and cut other costs by a greater amount, leading to a reduction of $138 billion in the federal deficit over the same period, according to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office, a Democratic source tells HuffPost. It will cut the deficit by $1.2 trillion over the second ten year period.  The source said it also extends Medicare's solvency by at least nine years and reduces the rate of its growth by 1.4 percent, while closing the doughnut hole for seniors, meaning there will no longer be a gap in coverage of medication. The CBO also estimated it would extend coverage to 32 million additional people.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/18/cbo-score-on-health-care_n_502543.html  (333 - remember you like this site when it has info you agree with)

Comprehensive health care reform will cost the federal government $940 billion over a ten-year period, but will increase revenue and cut other costs by a greater amount, leading to a reduction of $138 billion in the federal deficit over the same period, according to an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office, a Democratic source tells HuffPost. It will cut the deficit by $1.2 trillion over the second ten year period.  The source said it also extends Medicare's solvency by at least nine years and reduces the rate of its growth by 1.4 percent, while closing the doughnut hole for seniors, meaning there will no longer be a gap in coverage of medication. The CBO also estimated it would extend coverage to 32 million additional people.

Again Straw - 4 years on tax collection and 6 years of payments and the best they can do is $13 Billion a year?  Unreal considering Obama has already added 2 TRILLION tot he national debt! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Straw - you are the textbook case study erxample of a useful idiot.  Its embarassing at this point the lengths you go to socuk Obama's cock.  But that's right, thats nothing new to you.

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

MR. GIBBS: .....

Tom.

Q I have two quick questions.

MR. GIBBS: Yes.

Q First, earlier this week -- sorry, I have two questions. First, earlier this week, both Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore pointed out that the preexisting condition provision of the legislation doesn’t take effect for another four years, and I’m wondering if you could tell us, was that a concession, and if so, who fought for that and what did they -- what did you get in return?

MR. GIBBS: There is --

Q For adults, that is.

MR. GIBBS: Right. Well, again, the -- as I described earlier and as the President has described, there are certain things that cannot be instituted until you have everyone in the system. Obviously this is a piece of legislation that phases in over the course of many years those changes. And as a result of that phasing in, when that's done, preexisting conditions for adults will be outlawed. But understand this -- when this becomes law, an insurance company will no longer be able to discriminate against a child that has -- that they believe or says that has a preexisting condition.

Q That’s on day one.

MR. GIBBS: Right.

Q Children. And so it’s pegged to the mandate then, is that fair to say?

MR. GIBBS: Yes.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
4 years of upfront tax collection and nothing spent you fool!  Of course you cant be bothered with details and facts when you dear leader spoon feads you poison. 

::)

go cry another river
Abandon every hope...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
333 - why do you almost always immediately start calling people names when you get frustrated and angry (and why do you get angry so quickly)

why do you always show stuff out of context and never show the source?

What is it about covering an addtional 32 million American  while lowering the deficit by 1.2 trillion that you don't get?

I asked you if any provisions of the new bill kicked in immediately?

Why did you ignore that question?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
333 - why do you almost always immediately start calling people names when you get frustrated and angry (and why do you get angry so quickly)

why do you always show stuff out of context and never show the source?

What is it about covering an addtional 32 million American  while lowering the deficit by 1.2 trillion that you don't get?

I asked you if any provisions of the new bill kicked in immediately?

Why did you ignore that question?

The only thing that really kicks in  immediately are the tax increases on employers and individuals. 

Only Bernie Madoff could support garbage like this, but i have come to expect nothing less from the "I want everything for free right now" crowd in the commie party you applaud. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Oregon Rep. DeFazio Switches 'Yes' Vote to 'No' on Health Care Bill
Fox News ^

Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 1:39:36 PM by Chet 99

Edited on Friday, March 19, 2010 1:45:27 PM by Admin Moderator. [history]

The vote tally on health care reform is starting to look like the Dow.

Just when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi seemed to be one vote shy of the 216 she needs for health care reform to pass, a Democrat who voted for the bill last year says he's switching his vote to no.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
________________________ ________________________ ____

Anyone with any degree of honesty, left or right, realizes what a complete disaster this is. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
I believe there are an equal or greater # of economists that have come out disagreeing with the savings projections.  Catepillar just wrote a huge letter expressing their dissatisfaction with the bill and it's direct costs to them.  They are one of our largest national manufacturing companies.

kaje, that is exactly right.  It feels good to say we have more comprehensive coverage...it feels good to make a change that is positive in some areas...what many of these folks don't consider are the direct and indirect costs.  Look at the cuts in medicare services.  These will NOT be made up.  New taxes on multiple aspects of medical services including drug companies, insurance companies and various medical manufacturers will be indirectly passed on to the consumer and kaje is right, there will be more, less obvious tax increases to pay for this.  Not to mention crucifying people that have investments and those making 200 grand/yr.  It is not fair.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
thats alot of free loading fucks to recieve free shit on the hard working peoples dollar    what a joke  ,  too bad people wont get off their fucking asses and work for the things they want.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Board Liberals, please read and explain why we couldn't have started with the following:

This bill should have been much shorter and focused on provisions that help cap overall medical costs, increase competition to reign in insurance cost & stop protecting insurance companies, get rid of pre-existing exclusions, allowed pools for purchasing, high risk pools, allowed purchase of drugs outside the US, lengthened max age kids can be on parents policies, deal with overall malpractice & defensive medicine and allowed portability of insurance from job to job.  We could have even mandated companies with 50+ employees to at least offer a high deductible insurance plan and/or HSA.  

We could have done all this with no additional taxation and no significant expense then re-evaluated.  Instead we have this 2700 page monster that has divided the country with more opposed to this piece of legislation which has been rammed through in a dirty political process.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The only thing that really kicks in  immediately are the tax increases on employers and individuals.  

Only Bernie Madoff could support garbage like this, but i have come to expect nothing less from the "I want everything for free right now" crowd in the commie party you applaud. 

333 - Why are you so constantly misinformed?

The following items start immediately or withing the next 90 days to a year:

As soon as health care passes, the American people will see immediate benefits. The legislation will:

•Prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions for children in all new plans;

•Provide immediate access to insurance for uninsured Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition through a temporary high-risk pool;

•Prohibit dropping people from coverage when they get sick in all individual plans;

•Lower seniors prescription drug prices by beginning to close the donut hole;

•Offer tax credits to small businesses to purchase coverage;

•Eliminate lifetime limits and restrictive annual limits on benefits in all plans;

•Require plans to cover an enrollee's dependent children until age 26;

•Require new plans to cover preventive services and immunizations without cost-sharing;

•Ensure consumers have access to an effective internal and external appeals process to appeal new insurance plan decisions;

•Require premium rebates to enrollees from insurers with high administrative expenditures and require public disclosure of the percent of premiums applied to overhead costs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#35921715  (fast forward to ~ the 2 minute mark)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-john-b-larson/he-top-ten-immediate-bene_b_501748.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
The CBO's estimate requires certain assumptions that will come to pass.  Some of the assumptions "may" come to pass, but the CBO's projection requires that they ALL come to pass.

I'd like to see doctors, accross the board, accept a 25% cut in salary.  That'll be the day...

The CBO's lead analyst admits the numbers could be off as much as 20% either way.  (And it's not just Republicans that go after the CBO).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The CBO's estimate requires certain assumptions that will come to pass.  Some of the assumptions "may" come to pass, but the CBO's projection requires that they ALL come to pass.

I'd like to see doctors, accross the board, accept a 25% cut in salary.  That'll be the day...

The CBO's lead analyst admits the numbers could be off as much as 20% either way.  (And it's not just Republicans that go after the CBO).

No argument from me there and these are just "estimates" so we know by definition that that are not precise but let's assume they are 20% off.   Doesn't that mean we only get 80% of the estimated deficit reduction (while still helping millions of Americans get health insurance).   I still can't igore the fact that Repubs voted for the Bush Tax cuts (notable exception was McCain in 2001) when they were projected at that time to increase the deficit by 1.3 trillion.    Even if it was only 80% of 1.3 trillion that still almost a trillion dollars added to the deficit and they voted for it (and I believe used reconciliation to do it)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No argument from me there and these are just "estimates" so we know by definition that that are not precise but let's assume they are 20% off.   Doesn't that mean we only get 80% of the estimated deficit reduction (while still helping millions of Americans get health insurance).   I still can't igore the fact that Repubs voted for the Bush Tax cuts (notable exception was McCain in 2001) when they were projected at that time to increase the deficit by 1.3 trillion.    Even if it was only 80% of 1.3 trillion that still almost a trillion dollars added to the deficit and they voted for it (and I believe used reconciliation to do it)

Yet you are the same guy who supported the TRILLION dollar "Stim Bill" that was not paid for.  Go figure.   ::)  ::)  ::)   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
No argument from me there and these are just "estimates" so we know by definition that that are not precise but let's assume they are 20% off.   Doesn't that mean we only get 80% of the estimated deficit reduction (while still helping millions of Americans get health insurance). 

Perhaps, but I think the real issue will be which assumptions are off, by how much, and where they fit in the equation.  If, for example, they assume certain monies from the Cadillac plans and that money is never realized, there is a cumulative effect as we're projecting out 10 years.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Perhaps, but I think the real issue will be which assumptions are off, by how much, and where they fit in the equation.  If, for example, they assume certain monies from the Cadillac plans and that money is never realized, there is a cumulative effect as we're projecting out 10 years.

The revenue projections are a complete sham as many people with "cadicallac" plans will be forced off of them to avoid the tax altogether.  The govt will never meet the tax receipts it projects and the costs will greatly skyrocket like every other entitlement program.  This thing is a catastrophe in the making.

www.usdebtclock.org

Skip8282

• Getbig V
The revenue projections are a complete sham as many people with "cadicallac" plans will be forced off of them to avoid the tax altogether.  The govt will never meet the tax receipts it projects and the costs will greatly skyrocket like every other entitlement program.  This thing is a catastrophe in the making.

www.usdebtclock.org

That's one my main beefs with it.  It makes certain assumptions about individual, corporate, and government behavior.  They may sound good at the office, but in reality...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
333 - Why are you so constantly misinformed?

The following items start immediately or withing the next 90 days to a year:

As soon as health care passes, the American people will see immediate benefits. The legislation will:

•Prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions for children in all new plans;

•Provide immediate access to insurance for uninsured Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition through a temporary high-risk pool;

•Prohibit dropping people from coverage when they get sick in all individual plans;

•Lower seniors prescription drug prices by beginning to close the donut hole;

•Offer tax credits to small businesses to purchase coverage;

•Eliminate lifetime limits and restrictive annual limits on benefits in all plans;

•Require plans to cover an enrollee's dependent children until age 26;

•Require new plans to cover preventive services and immunizations without cost-sharing;

•Ensure consumers have access to an effective internal and external appeals process to appeal new insurance plan decisions;

•Require premium rebates to enrollees from insurers with high administrative expenditures and require public disclosure of the percent of premiums applied to overhead costs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#35921715  (fast forward to ~ the 2 minute mark)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rep-john-b-larson/he-top-ten-immediate-bene_b_501748.html

bump for 333 - still waiting for you explain how are these things aren't really going to happen

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bump for 333 - still waiting for you explain how are these things aren't really going to happen

The pre-existing stuff is for children, not adults. 

I will address the other things later. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The pre-existing stuff is for children, not adults. 

I will address the other things later. 

Children are given it immediately

Adult get it later (I think by the 4th year - we gotta give the private insurance companies at least a few more years to rape us right.  That's only fair)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Children are given it immediately

Adult get it later (I think by the 4th year - we gotta give the private insurance companies at least a few more years to rape us right.  That's only fair)

Straw - I hated this pofs bill from day one. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Straw - I hated this pofs bill from day one. 

no kidding

I never would have guessed

Don't tell me you think Obama is a secret commie too