Getbig Main Boards > General Topics

Here are the best states for retirement this year 2021

<< < (2/4) > >>

Primemuscle:
There are a lot of reasons to move to a different place or state when one retires. Quality of life, cost of living, taxes and climate being a few of them. I would like once again to live very near the ocean and in a place with fairly good weather like Florida.

However, real estate prices and low or low to no state income tax isn't an advantage to me. People sell their more expensive real estate and downside so they can invest the profits to have as additional income. My income is already more than I need to live well on and I am not negatively affected by the soaring real estate market because I bought my place a long time ago when real estate was much more reasonable. While I do pay state income tax, I get that money back because people who had PERS several years ago got a 'tax offset' to cover state income taxes, which public employees previous didn't have to pay. When those of us who qualify for the tax remedy move out of state, we lose the offset, which substantially lowers our benefits. So, moving somewhere like Florida taxwise would be a wash.   

Humble Narcissist:
I don't agree with any of the top 10.  Maybe Arizona if I lived in Flagstaff or Sedona.

IroNat:
I don't want to move anywhere with bad water, hurricanes, tornados, or giant cockroaches.

IRON CROSS:

--- Quote from: IroNat on September 02, 2021, 12:14:17 PM ---I don't want to move anywhere with bad water, hurricanes, tornados, or giant cockroaches.

--- End quote ---

Rhino roaches (around 75mm long) make great pets, $ 100 pair !. Great rainforests workers !.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: IroNat on September 02, 2021, 12:14:17 PM ---I don't want to move anywhere with bad water, hurricanes, tornados, or giant cockroaches.

--- End quote ---
Heat and humidity are no goes for me.  I hate sweating my balls off in the summer now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version