Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards

Niners

<< < (69/99) > >>

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 20, 2023, 08:44:18 AM ---I am the world's biggest Cowboy hater and a lifelong Niner fan, so Sunday is really important for my overall health and wellbeing.   :)

--- End quote ---
Should be a great game.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Humble Narcissist on January 21, 2023, 12:56:34 AM ---Should be a great game.

--- End quote ---

I want to say it was a great game, but I hate close games.  I'd rather my team win or lose by a blowout.  And beating the Dallas Cowboys is almost as good as winning the Super Bowl.   :)

But great win.  Sunday will be lit.  Philly is a good team. 

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 24, 2023, 05:26:54 PM ---I want to say it was a great game, but I hate close games.  I'd rather my team win or lose by a blowout.  And beating the Dallas Cowboys is almost as good as winning the Super Bowl.   :)

But great win.  Sunday will be lit.  Philly is a good team.

--- End quote ---
I know. Close games stress me out.

Dos Equis:
The Niners were a healthy QB away from contending.  No team can win with a fourth string QB, who then gets hurt leaving them literally with no QB.  One of the craziest things I've ever seen. 

Now time to watch my Lakers go down in flames and get ready for next year. 

I think they will contend next year.  Really interested to see a healthy Trey Lance and a full season of McCaffrey can do in that offense.

Humble Narcissist:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 30, 2023, 09:15:50 PM ---The Niners were a healthy QB away from contending.  No team can win with a fourth string QB, who then gets hurt leaving them literally with no QB.  One of the craziest things I've ever seen. 

Now time to watch my Lakers go down in flames and get ready for next year. 

I think they will contend next year.  Really interested to see a healthy Trey Lance and a full season of McCaffrey can do in that offense.

--- End quote ---
All of these NFL teams are running on fumes by the playoffs with backup QB's, makeshift OLines, corners and safeties signed at the end of the season, etc. The fact that the NFL is looking at expanding to a 18 game regular season is ridiculous. They should be going the other way.

A 14 game schedule with 6 division games, 4 opponents from the conference and 4 opponents from the opposite conference (1 division as done now) would eliminate this problem and see healthier teams in the playoffs. This of course will never happen because the owners will never give up the money of those extra games.

The current players are bigger, stronger and faster than ever before yet are expected to go almost twice as long as in the past with the playoffs always expanding as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version