Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards

Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP

<< < (3/30) > >>

Earl1972:

--- Quote from: AbrahamG on January 04, 2019, 05:12:46 PM ---Football is for the guys who couldn't make the baseball team.

--- End quote ---

more like the basketball team

nobody thinks baseball is cool anymore, even if it would be the smarter choice to play if given the option

E

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Earl1972 on January 05, 2019, 11:40:03 AM ---he was rookie of the year

E

--- End quote ---

Who was his competition??  Did you look at his numbers I posted? 

Humble Narcissist:
We just saw what next year will probably look like for Lamar Jackson.  The defensive schemes LA used against Baltimore in the playoffs will be all Jackson will see next year until he overcomes it.

Earl1972:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on January 09, 2019, 03:19:32 PM ---Who was his competition??  Did you look at his numbers I posted? 

--- End quote ---

matt leinart, reggie bush, aj hawk, and the texans d lineman that went number 1 overall whose name escapes me

doesn't matter who the competition was or his numbers, just pointing out the fact he was rookie of the year but you're right those numbers aren't impressive

E

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Earl1972 on January 10, 2019, 03:36:18 PM ---matt leinart, reggie bush, aj hawk, and the texans d lineman that went number 1 overall whose name escapes me

doesn't matter who the competition was or his numbers, just pointing out the fact he was rookie of the year but you're right those numbers aren't impressive

E

--- End quote ---

Mario Williams. 

The competition and his numbers provide context.  It's like saying a crappy bodybuilder won his division without mentioning that there were only two other competitors who also looked like crap. 

Regardless, I don't see a hint of Vince Young in Lamar Jackson.  Vince Young wasn't even a great college QB IMO.  He was a beast in the "national championship" game against USC, but didn't have near the ridiculous numbers Jackson had in college.  Nor was he anywhere near as impressive as an NFL rookie. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version