Author Topic: Shawn Ray..is he a big a piece of sh*t as people say??  (Read 1907 times)

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
Shawn Ray..is he a big a piece of sh*t as people say??
« on: November 27, 2021, 07:27:38 AM »
Is he that bad or wtf??

SexyCustomSynthesis250

• Getbig II
Re: Shawn Ray..is he a big a piece of sh*t as people say??
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 07:31:45 AM »
Is he that bad or wtf??

I like the guy, but he's always has been a chocolate covered little cunt

Fucking guy let his mother take the rap for the coke FFS

he's a little shit

:o

Dan Duchaine
E-mail inquiries may not be responded because of time
restraints or annoying/boring questions.
Phone consultations and contest prep available.
E-mail my manager for rates and times at:
GURUetc@aol.com

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 07:39:07 AM »

I like the guy, but he's always has been a chocolate covered little cunt

Fucking guy let his mother take the rap for the coke FFS

he's a little shit

Dan Duchaine
GURUetc@aol.com

Ya,, he's always been decent to me but he sure rubs people the wrong way!!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:06:24 AM »
Is he that bad or wtf??

Yes and no.  When i first encountered him , he was quite short and what i considered pretty rude.  Later on, he told me that he likes to stay razor focused on the task at hand when he is working at an event.  He also wears sunglasses indoors because his eyes are light sensitive which people prob interpet as being better than everyone else. 

When you meet any athlete or industry worker, experiences will vary.  I was once on the bus with Darrem Charles and David Henry headed towards Mandalay Bay for the morning show.  Darrem was very nice and introduced me to his son but David Henry was quite rude.  Bob Chicherillo is a great guy to chat with along with Branch Warren and they knew who i was.   But Peter McGough on the other hand pretty much gave me a very nasty look , sniffed loudly and walked off.  Sean Allen was and is a complete asshole...very sour deposition and talks down to people.

The worst encounter i had was with Don Long.  I was walking down an expo one day and he actually ran me down and asked if i was Vince Goodrum which i said yes.  He said that he was going to kick my ass because i supposedly posted a thread on Getbig where i put up a poll between him and Tom Prince as to who's dialysis machine would win in a posedown.   I told him that if he actually went to the thread, he would see that i clearly didnt make it.  He still didnt believe me , cursed me out again, and stormed out.   He only went after me because im one the few people who post under my real name and dont hide behind a keyboard as they would put it

Like i said...your experience will vary..

A

SexyCustomSynthesis250

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 08:08:22 AM »

Yes and no.  When i first encountered him , he was quite short and what i considered pretty rude.  Later on, he told me that he likes to stay razor focused on the task at hand when he is working at an event.  He also wears sunglasses indoors because his eyes are light sensitive which people prob interpet as being better than everyone else. 

When you meet any athlete or industry worker, experiences will vary.  I was once on the bus with Darrem Charles and David Henry headed towards Mandalay Bay for the morning show.  Darrem was very nice and introduced me to his son but David Henry was quite rude.  Bob Chicherillo is a great guy to chat with along with Branch Warren and they knew who i was.   But Peter McGough on the other hand pretty much gave me a very nasty look , sniffed loudly and walked off.  Sean Allen was and is a complete asshole...very sour deposition and talks down to people.

The worst encounter i had was with Don Long.  I was walking down an expo one day and he actually ran me down and asked if i was Vince Goodrum which i said yes.  He said that he was going to kick my ass because i supposedly posted a thread on Getbig where i put up a poll between him and Tom Prince as to who's dialysis machine would win in a posedown.   I told him that if he actually went to the thread, he would see that i clearly didnt make it.  He still didnt believe me , cursed me out again, and stormed out. 

classic Goodrum right here, solid post

Dan Duchaine
GURUetc@aol.com

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 08:13:58 AM »

The worst encounter i had was with Don Long.  I was walking down an expo one day and he actually ran me down and asked if i was Vince Goodrum which i said yes.  He said that he was going to kick my ass because i supposedly posted a thread on Getbig where i put up a poll between him and Tom Prince as to who's dialysis machine would win in a posedown.   I told him that if he actually went to the thread, he would see that i clearly didnt make it.  He still didnt believe me , cursed me out again, and stormed out.   He only went after me because im one the few people who post under my real name and dont hide behind a keyboard as they would put it

I love when people say their gonna kick someone’s ass. If you are truly going to do it you just do it you don’t talk about it. Don long=pussy.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 08:23:14 AM »
I love when people say their gonna kick someone’s ass. If you are truly going to do it you just do it you don’t talk about it. Don long=pussy.

^This. The louder the bark, the smaller the dog.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 09:02:11 AM »
Pro bodybuilders are not role models. Most of the women and many of the men are prostitutes. All of them are walking pharmacies. A volatile group. Good days, bad days.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 10:12:46 AM »
...put up a poll between him and Tom Prince as to who's dialysis machine would win in a posedown. 

Thunderdome lives.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »
Shawn Ray always seemed arrogant as Hell but he might be the greatest announcer for amateur shows ever back when he used to do that for ESPN. Great bodybuilder as well, of course.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 10:32:52 AM »

Your experiences are actually very similar to what I've heard and experienced. David Henry has a huge chip on his shoulder about everything. Probably mad at the world cos he's a midget. Angry leprechaun would describe him perfectly.

Branch is a very chill human being, nothing like the gym moron vibe he gives off in his training videos. Bob is legit too. Not the asshole he comes across on the forums, he is just a guy that will give as good as he gets. He will give his time freely to anyone who stops to talk to him and wants advice on their training/physique.

Spoke to Ray only online., so can't really comment. Lasik surgery left his eyes light sensitive. McGough was a bit of a dick, but he was fighting cancer at the time, so understandable.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 10:51:14 AM »
Shawn doesn't like schmoes, I've heard that from a handful of gays and schmoes. If you come off super schmoey he shuts you down fast. Heard the same about Kazmaier and Patera on the strength side.

Haven't had too bad a luck with bodybuilders, etc.... or even regular celebrities. When in doubt keep it short.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »

Ya Vince G,, I was disappointed with a few of the pro's!! Dennis James is another douche!!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 03:38:52 PM »

Lord Have Mercy

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 04:01:09 PM »
Shawn doesn't like schmoes, I've heard that from a handful of gays and schmoes. If you come off super schmoey he shuts you down fast. Heard the same about Kazmaier and Patera on the strength side.

Haven't had too bad a luck with bodybuilders, etc.... or even regular celebrities. When in doubt keep it short.

Shawn hangs around with Mayor of Bodybuilding if he is at a show.

This guy on the left

"Shawn doesn't like schmoes"  :D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »
Some of these guys have so much steroids in their system they have a short fuse.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 11:46:58 PM »
In Fortress’s world Ray is A-OK.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 02:32:47 AM »
Shawn is actually one of the “normal” ones in bbing, did the bbing thing, retired in his mid 30’s and never looked back in terms of insecurity. He’s happy about the way he looks nowadays, moved on, never cared about making a comeback or staying big. I actually believe he’s one of the few who are clean and not on anything, I remember a small conversation I had with him about that

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 02:39:34 AM »
Shawn is actually one of the “normal” ones in bbing, did the bbing thing, retired in his mid 30’s and never looked back in terms of insecurity. He’s happy about the way he looks nowadays, moved on, never cared about making a comeback or staying big. I actually believe he’s one of the few who are clean and not on anything, I remember a small conversation I had with him about that
What does he do to make money today?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2021, 06:39:45 AM »
Saw him 4 times,talked to him twice......he was cooler than the other side of my pillow both times.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2021, 04:22:08 PM »

Media work, mcing, has some shows, plus an agent of sorts. He helps up and coming pros get supplement contracts. That's partially why he is hated. Others see that as predatory because he takes a huge cut for himself.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2021, 09:14:03 PM »
Also never met him, but asked him a question online and he responded in a quick and professional manner to me from what I can remember.

This was late 2000’s maybe or so and I asked him how he got into TV presenting and where the talent originated.

I wish I could remember his response :(

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »
Is he that bad or wtf??

You need to ask this question you dimwit?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 12:04:55 AM »

I remember years back him stating his sister, an attorney, crunched numbers for him.  From a management and MBA standpoint, he isn't handling Asia's career right though.  I know Billy Hufsey was an industry kid.  Get in touch with Laura Gordon.  You'll thank me.  Venmo is fine.  ;D