Author Topic: China got Free Pass to Fly Baloons over U.S.  (Read 6491 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: China got Free Pass to Fly Ballons over U.S.
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2023, 07:05:55 AM »
It’s a free country with free markets.  Why would we bar enterprising developers and real estate investors from participating in our real estate markets?
Individuals,  not countries.

But you are right. If other countries want to spy, then they will find a way.

Kind of like how Kennedy was assassinated. They know damn well who killed JFK. They just know how to cover shit up.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2023, 07:11:04 AM »
It’s a free country with free markets.  Why would we bar enterprising developers and real estate investors from participating in our real estate markets?

It’s probably  the same the reason Biden said the government will keep an eye on Musk and Twitter because of the Saudi investors.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: China got Free Pass to Fly Baloons over U.S.
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2023, 03:31:15 PM »
 ;)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2023, 03:47:49 PM »
;)

Nothing embarrassing here bro, apparently China did this twice while Trump was in office.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2023, 03:59:01 PM »
The Chinese don't need a dumb balloon to spy. They've already infiltrated -everything. They know more about our govt than most high rank officials. Its being used as a false flag or some sort of predictive programming

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2023, 04:16:34 PM »
This is a free country, for AMERICANS.

Why would we let any foreign country buy our land? Even if it was/is a harmless transaction, after the balloon incident, and it close proximity to a military base, I would put a stop to this deal immediately.

"Our land." Whose land? Does the guy who paid the mortgage own it or does it belong to everyone?

Is it a free country if you're barred from selling your property to whoever you want?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2023, 04:28:42 PM »
"Our land." Whose land? Does the guy who paid the mortgage own it or does it belong to everyone?

Is it a free country if you're barred from selling your property to whoever you want?
Well, they made it act like a Chinese company bought a bunch of land close to a military base. Seems sketchy.

Only American citizens or people with dual citizenship, should be able to buy American land. That's why you have all of these Russians and Chinese buying a shit ton of property, all over the U.S.

If they have dual citizenship, then fine. Otherwise, fuck off.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2023, 04:36:44 PM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2023, 05:02:03 PM »
Well, they made it act like a Chinese company bought a bunch of land close to a military base. Seems sketchy.

Only American citizens or people with dual citizenship, should be able to buy American land. That's why you have all of these Russians and Chinese buying a shit ton of property, all over the U.S.

If they have dual citizenship, then fine. Otherwise, fuck off.

So you want to empower the government to decide who you can sell to. They have the final say, kinda like they're the real owner of the property you worked to pay for, and you're the tenant. Basically the government should nationalize private property but still let you use it as long.as you adhere to their terms which they can change anytime so long as they say it's for the good of the country.

Would it be accurate to say its an emergency and we're all in this together?

The punchline is that you think you're being patriotic by increasing government authority.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2023, 05:11:51 PM »
So you want to empower the government to decide who you can sell to. They have the final say, kinda like they're the real owner of the property you worked to pay for, and you're the tenant. Basically the government should nationalize private property but still let you use it as long.as you adhere to their terms which they can change anytime so long as they say it's for the good of the country.

Would it be accurate to say its an emergency and we're all in this together?

The punchline is that you think you're being patriotic by increasing government authority.
Aren't you an Aussie?

It just seems weird to me. If you want to take a vacation, then fine. You want to own property, then get citizenship to that country.

Now, I'd be all for streamlining citizenship (doesn't it take years?) But that should be the basic standard for most countries.

Forget war, China, Russia, and North Korea, should get together, and start buying as much American land as they can. Same with the many middle eastern oil billionaires.

But a guy like you wouldn't see a problem with that, right?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2023, 05:30:49 PM »
Aren't you an Aussie?

It just seems weird to me. If you want to take a vacation, then fine. You want to own property, then get citizenship to that country.

Now, I'd be all for streamlining citizenship (doesn't it take years?) But that should be the basic standard for most countries.

Forget war, China, Russia, and North Korea, should get together, and start buying as much American land as they can. Same with the many middle eastern oil billionaires.

But a guy like you wouldn't see a problem with that, right?

I'll admit that Chinese super corps buying all the land would be a bad thing for the US. What we're debating is how to solve it.

Are you going to keep ignoring my point that property owners have the right to sell to anyone they want, and that if the government sets the terms of sale then the government is the actual owner?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2023, 05:42:40 PM »
It's a bad reflex to propose solutions which empower government and step on individuals.

I'm not saying never do that but it should be a last resort, not the first favored option.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2023, 06:31:03 PM »
It's a bad reflex to propose solutions which empower government and step on individuals.

I'm not saying never do that but it should be a last resort, not the first favored option.
Agreed. But our government officials should be able to spot the warning signs.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2023, 06:55:11 PM »
So let's screw the Chinese instead of canceling property rights of citizens. Lay terms of use on foreign owners but don't tell a citizen who he can sell to.

It'll greatly reduce an owner's ability to get top dollar from a foreign purchaser but at least it's a market oriented strategy which doesn't have government writing up laws which target citizens instead of foreign owners.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2023, 08:12:01 PM »

Really??  There were 2 balloons in his presidency from China that floated on US soil and nothing happened . .in fact it wasnt even reported

Vince how did you know about this and for how long did you know? I’m questioning your patriotism. Trump and his team didn’t find out about this until after his presidency.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chinese-spy-balloons-over-us-during-trump-admin-discovered-after-he-left-office-senior-biden-official

So let's screw the Chinese instead of canceling property rights of citizens. Lay terms of use on foreign owners but don't tell a citizen who he can sell to.

It'll greatly reduce an owner's ability to get top dollar from a foreign purchaser but at least it's a market oriented strategy which doesn't have government writing up laws which target citizens instead of foreign owners.

Tape you don’t own anything. Don’t pay your property taxes and find out what happens. If the government wants to put a highway (or whatever they want) through your property they can exercise their domain.

I can’t own property in Mexico; why should non Americans, especially governments, should not own property in the states?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2023, 08:36:38 PM »
Property taxes and eminent domain are terms of ownership at the time of purchase so you can accept them or decide not to buy.

Introducing new laws which weren't part of the original deal calls into question the integrity of the law regarding property rights.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2023, 08:52:50 PM »
Property taxes and eminent domain are terms of ownership at the time of purchase so you can accept them or decide not to buy.

Introducing new laws which weren't part of the original deal calls into question the integrity of the law regarding property rights.

I understand what you’re saying but it’s not reality.

Covid taught us that laws can be made instantly as needed, regardless of what the people “want”. Integrity will have the definition changed to fit whatever narrative the government wants.

There are laws to property ownership that people really have no clue about, like mineral rights. You can own property but not the mineral rights so if oil is found on your land it wouldn’t be yours.

In Hawaii non Hawaiian’s can’t technically own property.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2023, 09:03:56 PM »
Yeah they made up any new law they wanted during covid. It's illegitimate and it should be opposed. You guys seem to be in favor of it tho because new property sales laws would stop foreign ownership.

If you owned a farm, broke your ass to pay the mortgage, and put it up for sale to retire. Best American offer is 1 mil, Chinese offer is 3 million. You don't think you should have the right to decide who to sell your farm to?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2023, 09:26:24 PM »
Besides, banning foreign ownership doesn't really address the problem. Bill Gates is buying up all kinds of farm land. I doubt you guys are fine with that.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2023, 10:07:55 PM »
Yeah they made up any new law they wanted during covid. It's illegitimate and it should be opposed. You guys seem to be in favor of it tho because new property sales laws would stop foreign ownership.

If you owned a farm, broke your ass to pay the mortgage, and put it up for sale to retire. Best American offer is 1 mil, Chinese offer is 3 million. You don't think you should have the right to decide who to sell your farm to?

No one here is in favor of this nonsense but it is what it is.

You have a large percentage of the nation' believing that there was an insurrection of January 6th, which in theory if it did occur it would be in the legal " rights" of the citizens to over throw an oppressive government but that's a completely different topic. Americans are the weakest and most confused they've ever been.

As it stands there are no laws that require that you need to be a US citizen to buy property in America. In theory you can sell to whoever you want to, however if another government starting buying land here that may change (or what would likely happen is the US government would take ownership of the property once sold).

I'm actually surprised there arent laws from McCarthy era politics on the books preventing other nations from owning land here, I wonder how long this will last in the future,  however I think America has sold its "soul" at this point so selling property isn't that big of a deal.

Theres no laws against what Bill Gates is doing , yet. I cant imagine anyone is in support of his actions. I'm sure there will be some monopoly issues with farmland if he keeps buying it all up.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2023, 01:18:19 AM »

Really??  There were 2 balloons in his presidency from China that floated on US soil and nothing happened . .in fact it wasnt even reported

Biden officials say this so its true?  Only discovered "After" he left office and right when Pervy-Joes Luft Balloons fly by??
Trump officials refute this, so it's a game of lies.

You act like we're supposed to believe Joe and CNN? And if they  weren't discovered until "after" what was the Armed Forces supposed to do, go back in time?
Joe waffled for many days while these supposed BARROONS FREW by...

Or did he?? Why bother to believe any party about anything these days?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2023, 01:33:23 AM »
Our own government is spying on us with weather balloons as well.

ElPolloSalmonello

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2023, 02:50:56 AM »
So the US has the U2 spy plane and China has balloons?

They are fucking with you for sure. Balloon. Lol.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2023, 03:09:29 AM »
Our own government is spying on us with weather balloons as well.

The shit we talk there's one anchored over Ron's house for sure.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2023, 04:12:45 AM »
There is another Chinese balloon flying over South America now

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/06/asia/china-balloon-latin-america-intl/index.html

A balloon spotted over the skies of Latin America belongs to China and was used for flight tests, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson said Monday in response to CNN’s queries.

This is the first time Beijing has admitted the balloon spotted over two Latin American countries belongs to China.

The balloon “seriously deviated” from its planned course and entered the skies over Latin America and the Caribbean “by mistake” due to weather conditions and limited control ability over the craft, Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning said in a regular press briefing on Monday.

This is the second Chinese balloon Beijing claims has drifted off course due to the weather after the US military on Saturday shot down a suspected Chinese spy balloon that flew over the continental US for days.