Getbig Female Info Boards > Womens Physique, Bodybuilding, Wellness and Training

Female bodybuilders/roids/public perception

(1/4) > >>

CQ:
IMO, many female bodybuilders need to lay of the roids. Up close many are so masculine it is ridiculous.We as women want more marketing for bodybuilding, more of the prize money pie, more exposure etc...we need to be marketable.

All of the O competitors are fantastic bodybuilders, but some just literally look like science experiments gone wrong. When some open their mouth and speak, that does not help matters when they sound like Darth Vader

In reality, the vast majority of the general public literally cringes in horror when they see a roided up female bodybuilder. To be frank, so do many in the bodybuilding community.

I think having a board for positive aspects of female bodybuilding is great, but IMO roiding to the gills to you become very masculine is not.

This is not 'bashing' but reality.

So many fans and proponents want to scream for equal rights, and claim that everyone are 'haters'.

While we as women scream for equal rights while becoming more masculine day by day, we will simply go lower. I am all for women receiving equal prize money and exposure, and would love to see it happen in the pro leagues. Hover I think we should start by cleaning up our own act. Less science experiment gone wrong type looks and less X rated crap would help.

My perspective is different I guess as I as from a different place. Here [where top amateurs get financial compensation] female bodybuilding is treated with the same respect as males. Equal money and exposure given to both. The only difference I see from here and other places where that does not occur, is the fact that we drug test, and the 'roid look' is a rarity.

Migs:
good point of view.  I agree that many look way to masculine.  I admire the dedication, but as a man, i prefer to see a woman look feminine.  I am in no way intimidated by them, but there are qualities of a woman that are lost when they are roided up.

Deadpool:
you know, the steroid voice can be heard as early as in Pumping iron 2 the women

Migs:
i was watching a show while in Mexico and they were interviewing a bb.  i was in the kitchen and have paying attention.  anyway when i sat down to watch it i was shocked.  i thought they were interviewing a guy, but oh no it was a female. 

Blockhead:

--- Quote from: CQ on October 04, 2006, 04:39:14 PM ---IMO, many female bodybuilders need to lay of the roids. Up close many are so masculine it is ridiculous.We as women want more marketing for bodybuilding, more of the prize money pie, more exposure etc...we need to be marketable.

All of the O competitors are fantastic bodybuilders, but some just literally look like science experiments gone wrong. When some open their mouth and speak, that does not help matters when they sound like Darth Vader

In reality, the vast majority of the general public literally cringes in horror when they see a roided up female bodybuilder. To be frank, so do many in the bodybuilding community.

I think having a board for positive aspects of female bodybuilding is great, but IMO roiding to the gills to you become very masculine is not.

This is not 'bashing' but reality.

So many fans and proponents want to scream for equal rights, and claim that everyone are 'haters'.

While we as women scream for equal rights while becoming more masculine day by day, we will simply go lower. I am all for women receiving equal prize money and exposure, and would love to see it happen in the pro leagues. Hover I think we should start by cleaning up our own act. Less science experiment gone wrong type looks and less X rated crap would help.

My perspective is different I guess as I as from a different place. Here [where top amateurs get financial compensation] female bodybuilding is treated with the same respect as males. Equal money and exposure given to both. The only difference I see from here and other places where that does not occur, is the fact that we drug test, and the 'roid look' is a rarity.

--- End quote ---
True. The good news is female BB will be back in the limelight rhyming tite getting paid and blowing up like the World Trade within the next 2-3 years.

I think Jody Jo Miller is going to usher in a new(but old) look. If it can go backwards to the McLish/Everson/Creavalle(sp?) days...that would be a giant step for female BB. IFBB professional BB needs a Brit Miller and an Emmanuella Pintus, although I think she went to FIGURE now.

Girls with that look and physique can bring in the revenue and fill seats. The problem is...when female BB is where it needs to be there will always be one girl who steps it up a little...then gets rewarded for it...then another 2-3 will step it up a little...then another reward is given...then another and another and girls like Jody Jo and an Emmanuella will die out and it will give way to the female freaks. The cycle will repeat itself unless the judges swear a blood oath to NEVER reward obvious steroid, freak look and reward the latter.

Oh shit...I gotta run before Stella or The BEAST see me in here...I never got approved to post here...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version