Author Topic: WWE SUMMERSLAM 2019  (Read 4067 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WWE SUMMERSLAM 2019
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:32:32 PM »
I figure I'd make a few quick picks, mostly from memory.

WWE Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins. I don't know what to make of this one. But, for the sake of the company, I hope they give Rollins the win......preferably one where Rollins doesn't have to hit Lesnar in the nuts or ram him into a post.

WWE World Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton. This marks the 15-year anniversary of Orton's first world title where he beat that unnamed dude who we can't show on TV. Orton has a thing for putting people over well. First, Mark Henry, then Jinder Mahal. And perhaps Kingston. I think they'll let Orton get the belt later this year, but not tonight.

United States Championship AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet. With the Club getting this push, I say Styles retains.

Intercontinential Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Mustafa Ali. Ali didn't get his world title push. So, I guess this is a consolation deal. I think he gets it, as Funaki 2.0 has lost all his steam from two years ago.

Raw Women's Championship (Submission Match): Becky Lynch (c) vs Natalya Neidhart. Last time I saw something like this was the "I Quit" match between Beth Phoenix and Melina back in 2008. This may be another pass out routine. Or, since we are in Canada, is there a SummerSlam screw job in the works? If so, I think Natalya gets the nod.

Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon. I don't really care about this one. So, I guess Bayley retains.

Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens (Owens leaves WWE if he loses): Owens being a rebel just doesn't work for me. But, he has some traction and I've heard no THT rumors. So, I guess he'll beat Shane-O-Mac.

Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt:. All this hype for Wyatt's creepy-clown reboot won't end in a loss for "the Fiend". And since Balor ain't doing the Demon thing tonight, Wyatt gets the win.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Bill Goldberg: Since Undertaker had to atone for his sins in Saudi Arabia at Extreme Rules, I guess Oldberg has to do the same at SummerSlam by squashing Ziggler.

Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus: While I wouldn't mind this being a "bra and panties" match, this is more to show that Trish's diva era was more than must pretty faces and "PUPPIES!". But I think Flair gets the nod but Stratus will make a good showing (I hope).

Well, so much for all this women's main-eventing stuff. Lynch and Neidhart are curtain-jerking this one...and Lynch is out first.

"LET'S GO BECKY!!" "BECKY SUCKS" chants...You gotta love it. Lots of switches and reversal of moves but Lynch gets Neidhart to submit.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: WWE SUMMERSLAM 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 04:29:47 PM »
Oldberg and Ziggler are on deck.

Ziggler hits a couple of super kicks early. But, after trying a third one......SPEAR!! (and does Ziggy sell it or what). The rest is history.

Ziggler talks smack, as he's clutching his ribs. Only to have Oldberg return and spear him yet again. Ziggler mouths off a third time. He gets helped to his feet and gets pat on the head, only to have "DA MAN" do the off-the-ropes-Roman-Reigns-style spear.

Now, on to the US title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 06:01:44 PM »
Pretty good match, Gallows and Anderson poke their noses into the mix and Styles retains after catching Ricochet off the ropes and nailing him with a "Styles-Clash".

Smackdown women's title is up next......Bayley retains.

Now, it's KO and Shane-O-Mac.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »
Elias is the special enforcer. But he gets beat up and when KO is about to get medieval with a chair, the real ref takes it from him, allowing ye ole nut-shot from Owens to Shane-O-Mac and a stunner for the pin.

Charlotte Flair and Trish Stratus are on deck. WOW!! Trish put on a clinic. With all those chops both her implants and those of the Queen are going to be SORE. Stratus even put Flair in her own figure-8. Flair got the win in the end; Stratus got her swan song again. Arguably the best match of the night.

Now comes WWE World title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 08:16:47 PM »
Lame ending. Orton hits mid-air RKO on Kingston but is too weak to cover. Kingston rolls out of the rings. Orton starts trash-talking Kingston’s wife and kids as he beats up the champ on the floor. Kingston snaps and beats o Otto. With both guys getting counted out. Kingston batters Orton with a kendo stick and knocks him out.

Finn Balor and “The Fiend” go next. Wyatt has a metal version of his old entrance music and his lantern is a severed head that looks like him (or how he used to look). Balor is scared silly.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 08:26:27 PM »
Well that was quick. Balor got beat up most of the match. When he finally got rolling and went for his finisher, Wyatt caught him with the mandible claw and put him out. But with all the special effects and new version of Wyatt’s music, the fans were chanting, “That was awesome!”, after the lights reappeared with a beaten Balor, gasping for air.

All that’s left is the Universal title match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »
WOW!  Now that’s how you do a world title match. Obvious this was way better than their
match at ‘Mania. Rollins flipped out of two of Lesnar’s duplexes and kicked the Beast right in the snout, stomping him in the head, and nearly getting the early pin.

Lesnar truly put on one of his best matches. His spinning Rollins by the tape on his rib was hilarious. Of course, Rollins had to drive him into the post at some point. But man, did Rollins bring the fight. The fans loved it, especially the suicide dives, one of which got him posted by the Beast. The super kick on the table and the splash.......fantastic.

Rollins’ strategy of flipping out of Lesnar’s power moves and kicking him in that cinder-block head, followed by curb stomps paid off. After escaping another F-5 and one more boot to the head......ROLLINS GETS THE BIG RED BELT!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 06:11:58 AM »
I was there and saw the whole event from about 10 yards away (along with Raw and Smackdown) I thought the SS card matches ALL delivered.
A lot of people put Brock down but in the end he always delivers. He and Seth had a phenomenal Universal title match. Charlotte and Trish delivered well. Bray's Fiend entrance was crazy. Kofi and Orton ended perfectly, you don't always have to have a clean finish. Bring the DQ and count outs back. Build the feud. Its obvious people are getting sick of Becky and her "I'm the Man" schtick. I thought Goldberg killed Ziggler at one point with the velocity of those spears...props to Ziggler for selling them so great. All in all a great card.