Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 743523 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6500 on: May 12, 2021, 08:21:49 PM »
Musk is correct, Bitcoin does run primarily on fossil fuels.

The absolute horror!

;D

He's manipulating the crypto market every week...hilarious. Probably put this out so he could divert $$$ to pump and dump DOGE.

All I can do is tip my cap to the guy, when it comes to crypto he is making tons of money without adding any value to the world whatsoever. Why bother with cars and rockets when you can do this?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6501 on: May 12, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »
Makes me wonder whether this is a ploy by Elon to plummet the price of Bitcoin and then double down by buying on the massive dip (ie correction).

"1"

We are living in Elon’s simulation.

Never has a person existed who can draw so much capital away from people’s hands.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6502 on: May 12, 2021, 09:23:23 PM »
For anyone thinking crypto isn’t linked to the rest of the financial markets, here is your plain evidence. Markets took a dump and crypto got demolished.

On the note of institutions would HODL and volatility would be reduced, also debunked. They are wrecking everybody.

19.5% daily swing anyone LOL?

If BTC doesn’t rocket straight towards 70k after this one it means another attack is coming.

At 51k I’m still not seeing things ease up on BTC so I’d suggest another wave inbound.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6503 on: May 12, 2021, 09:41:03 PM »
You have quite the shitcoin profile  ;). I currently have 30 eth in blockfi and 70 in celsius earning 5% APY. The rest is in cold storage. If Mayday prediction of 20k comes true, I will offload a portion and purchase more btc.
Lol yes I have some shitcoins.

Yes I am earning 6% APR on Coinbase with my ETH. It is maxed out. Have you heard of Guarda? They offer what looks like 7.11% w/ ETH staking.

https://guarda.com/staking/ethereum-staking/

I have a few questions for you:
1. Why are you splitting your ETH between Blockfi and Celsius? Is there a limit to how much ETH you could lock in?
2. How much ETH do you have in total?
3. When you cash out, will you limit that to say under $400,000 in order to reduce your tax rate?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6504 on: May 12, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »
We are living in Elon’s simulation.

Never has a person existed who can draw so much capital away from people’s hands.

Couple of interesting musings I've heard within the last couple of hours.

This is a big FUCK YOU to some of the hedge funds that tried to short Tesla. One of the big ones is due to undergo a liquidity test tomorrow and rumour has it they are deep in crypto and it's the main thing propping them up right now.

Something else that made sense to me is that who would be in a position to benefit from bitcoin going green and only using renewables for mining. Maybe a company that sells solar panels....you know like Tesla.

Damn these are some interesting times!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6505 on: May 12, 2021, 09:43:43 PM »
Mike Ashley
Skip LaCour
Drug Miller
Chet Yorton

;D
Ahh, Wes' great great grandchildren, the founders of blockchain technology! Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6506 on: May 12, 2021, 09:46:21 PM »
Bitcoin dump, thanks to Elon. Maybe he plans on switching to Doge payments.

What a crazy day!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1392602041025843203/photo/1
Did you see how his Doge questionnaire went? 78% voted yes they want Tesla to accept Doge. It is inevitable they will probably announce it at some point. Expect the Doge price to pump.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6507 on: May 12, 2021, 09:54:16 PM »
Musk is correct, Bitcoin does run primarily on fossil fuels.

The absolute horror!

;D

He's manipulating the crypto market every week...hilarious. Probably put this out so he could divert $$$ to pump and dump DOGE.

All I can do is tip my cap to the guy, when it comes to crypto he is making tons of money without adding any value to the world whatsoever. Why bother with cars and rockets when you can do this?
The concerns I have long term with BTC is the fact that the amount of electricity will increase as the price goes up and more miners try to get in on the action. And eventually the BTC payouts will reduce so much that miners will stop securing the network. At that point the BTC holders will have to finance the security of BTC. Unless they come up with another solution.

Electrical usage on Ethereum's POW network have also been increasing year over year. It is not consuming as much power as Bitcoin but getting up there. This is were the switch to POS is a smart move.  A lot less electrical consumption and yet the network is still secured via staking. Cardano is another POS blockchain that makes a case against the Bitcoin model.  We'll have to see though how secure POS is vs POW.

Gitur

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6508 on: May 12, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
Elon is start of a bigger problem. Everyday bitcoin is becoming more and more mainstream, and eventually it's going to be accepted on a worldwide scale. If you think what Elon is doing right now is bad, just wait until you get multiple people with 1,000,000+ followers pulling the same shit every single day. It's gonna get to the point where everyone with a massive following is gonna try to pump and dump crypto/shitcoins by using their following.

Actors, singers, politicians, influencers, governments, etc. I mean, surely people haven't forgotten about [China banning Bitcoin several times in 2017 to cause FUD so they can buy the dip]

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6509 on: May 12, 2021, 10:39:33 PM »
Lol yes I have some shitcoins.

Yes I am earning 6% APR on Coinbase with my ETH. It is maxed out. Have you heard of Guarda? They offer what looks like 7.11% w/ ETH staking.

https://guarda.com/staking/ethereum-staking/

I have a few questions for you:
1. Why are you splitting your ETH between Blockfi and Celsius? Is there a limit to how much ETH you could lock in?
2. How much ETH do you have in total?
3. When you cash out, will you limit that to say under $400,000 in order to reduce your tax rate?

I havent heard of them, many of these bitcoin banks are popping up.
Im still cautious and only allocated 1-2% into them. Still watching the space, I like what I see....

Blockfi have lowered their tier rates, firet 15 eth is 5% anything  after that is 2%. (Ive split 30 into two accounts, mrs and mine. 15each) Most are taking long positions on eth and btc so these rates will come down as less people try to short the market.

TBH, had close to 500 Eth when they first come out. Now sitting on 150 as converted most to btc.  Im 98% in BTC.  Eth and Ltc hold a purpose for me now as their yields are higher and generate more btc for me through blockfi.
Celsius im about to draw a loan of about 700-800k using btc as collateral. Cant beat 1% interest for 3 years.  Unlimited amount of ETH on celsius at 5.05%.

Tax laws are a bit different where I am. Im taxed at 25% no matter what amount.  Having said that I wont be selling BTC until 2029. By then Id probably only cash out 1 or 2 coins which ive accumulated in interest  along the way.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6510 on: May 13, 2021, 01:47:02 AM »
I havent heard of them, many of these bitcoin banks are popping up.
Im still cautious and only allocated 1-2% into them. Still watching the space, I like what I see....

Blockfi have lowered their tier rates, firet 15 eth is 5% anything  after that is 2%. (Ive split 30 into two accounts, mrs and mine. 15each) Most are taking long positions on eth and btc so these rates will come down as less people try to short the market.

TBH, had close to 500 Eth when they first come out. Now sitting on 150 as converted most to btc.  Im 98% in BTC.  Eth and Ltc hold a purpose for me now as their yields are higher and generate more btc for me through blockfi.
Celsius im about to draw a loan of about 700-800k using btc as collateral. Cant beat 1% interest for 3 years.  Unlimited amount of ETH on celsius at 5.05%.

Tax laws are a bit different where I am. Im taxed at 25% no matter what amount.  Having said that I wont be selling BTC until 2029. By then Id probably only cash out 1 or 2 coins which ive accumulated in interest  along the way.

Seeing as you're still hanging on to btc, how do you see this panning out short term?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6511 on: May 13, 2021, 02:58:22 AM »
Things continue to drop across the board. Incredible how one fuckface can affect an entire market.

Guy tweeted again. He's worse then Trump. Ffs

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #6512 on: May 13, 2021, 03:48:40 AM »
For those of you who have invested significant real money into bitcoin, how many have at least cashed out your real money stake?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6513 on: May 13, 2021, 04:06:41 AM »
Cardano is kicking ass right now. Flying

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6514 on: May 13, 2021, 04:12:24 AM »
For those of you who have invested significant real money into bitcoin, how many have at least cashed out your real money stake?

I did.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6515 on: May 13, 2021, 04:15:46 AM »
Things continue to drop across the board. Incredible how one fuckface can affect an entire market.

The institutions have complete BTC control, it isn’t Musk doing this.

BTC hasn’t had a weekly close above 57k-59k since mid Feb and recently we started closing below those numbers.

Institutions aren’t doing themselves any favours by destroying BTC each time it gets legs and melting new retail buyers.

This is getting pretty brutal now. It’s this kind of stuff that made GameStop famous. People get jack of institutions and next minute retail buyers switch to Doge and because of the HODL mentality it takes off.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6517 on: May 13, 2021, 05:20:48 AM »
Good man,

Its rule number one.  Get your original capital out asap. I hope others did the same.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6518 on: May 13, 2021, 05:25:33 AM »
The institutions have complete BTC control, it isn’t Musk doing this.

BTC hasn’t had a weekly close above 57k-59k since mid Feb and recently we started closing below those numbers.

Institutions aren’t doing themselves any favours by destroying BTC each time it gets legs and melting new retail buyers.

This is getting pretty brutal now. It’s this kind of stuff that made GameStop famous. People get jack of institutions and next minute retail buyers switch to Doge and because of the HODL mentality it takes off.

Whats the logic behind crippling BTC? I can think of a few reasons why but as always I enjoy hearing your take on it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6519 on: May 13, 2021, 05:40:25 AM »
Whats the logic behind crippling BTC? I can think of a few reasons why but as always I enjoy hearing your take on it.

Welcome everyone to the world of investment banking.  Before when BTC was owned by the people, they took care of it, held on to it, didn't short or try to fuck over anyone else.  Now you have a lot of financial companies dipping their toes in it.  They don't play fair or nice, they don't give a fuck about the people or the BTC community.  Now they're playing their old fucking games. Short this, short that, manipulate the currency, make it go up, crash it, buy cheap, make it go up again, sell, crash etc....  All of you guys love posting these articles and get all excited every time a financial company decides to adopt BTC but then what you don't realize is that you're now playing games with the devil.  Those fuckers will manipulate the shit out of BTC.

Don't think Musk as any power in this.  Banks will now use any excuse to crash and recover BTC making money each time it happens.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6520 on: May 13, 2021, 06:31:14 AM »
Once you start seeing something in the news every day it almost invariably means that insiders are looking to cash out. Bitcoin is an example. So is GameStop. I warned my gf about the latter but she believes the shitheads on CNBC, didn’t listen, ended up buying and getting hurt.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6521 on: May 13, 2021, 07:29:50 AM »
Just because you all LOVE this man SO much  8)

Mark Cuban doubles down on BTC after Tesla suspends its payments

Billionaire investor Mark Cuban doubled down on his support for Bitcoin’s BTC after Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk announced that his company was suspending payments from the cryptocurrency, citing the environmental impact caused by the latter.

Cuban tweeted on Wednesday,”We at http://Mavs.com will continue to accept BTC/Eth/Doge because we know that replacing Gold as a store of value will help the environment,” linking two articles and adding “consumption shrinking big bank and coin usage will benefit society and the environment.”

Following his tweet, a Twitter user responded to the Dallas Mavericks owner:”In reality, who is really using crypto to buy Mavs tickets or merchandise? It’s a cute gimmick but how many people are actually using this?”

Following his tweet, a Twitter user responded to the Dallas Mavericks owner:”In reality, who is really using crypto to buy Mavs tickets or merchandise? It’s a cute gimmick but how many people are actually using this?”

Cuban responded to the user’s question, pointing out that Doge transactions for tickets were “thousands of dollars per week and growing.”

Last week, the Mavericks owner appeared on the Rob Lowe podcast to discuss a number of topics, including cryptocurrencies and the rise of Dogecoin.

“The interesting part is that people spend money with it and you know, we were doing $10 a day, then a few hundred, and then a few thousand a week and you know, its kind of steadily grown up by big leaps and bounds, but just steadily grown,” the billionaire investor said about Doge.

Cuban then brought up the company Bitpay, which is a gateway that allows people to use cryptocurrencies for transactions.

https://liquidcrypts.com/mark-cuban-doubles-down-on-btc-after-tesla-suspends-its-payments/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6522 on: May 13, 2021, 07:50:03 AM »
Too funny. Bitcoin is not wind powered?

Nope, more than 65% worldwide electric provided by fossil fuels.

If you like Bitcoin you like killing the planet. Where is Greta and her climate change devotee Arnold?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6523 on: May 13, 2021, 07:57:49 AM »

Nope, more than 65% worldwide electric provided by fossil fuels.

If you like Bitcoin you like killing the planet. Where is Greta and her climate change devotee Arnold?

I'm so confused I deleted my comment because I thought it might be insane.

I thought Bitcoin was simply a "a value attached to something that doesn't really exist."   How can it be bad for the environment?   Are you guys fucking with the old guy and I can't figure this out.  I've always been a brick & motar guy... Phillip Morris, 3M, Apple, IBM. 
a

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6524 on: May 13, 2021, 07:58:23 AM »
some great points. although i really hope elon stays the fuck away from Cardano.