Author Topic: RIP Pellius..... Board Legend Passes Away.....Official Tribute Thread  (Read 23302 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: RIP Pellius..... Board Legend Passes Away.....Official Tribute Thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2021, 04:52:38 PM »
Talked with Pellius over the  last year via PM. We had some cool conversations and I really enjoyed his presence—he was smart and had a good sense of humor. I am sure he will be missed by many.

PIP, Pellius.
X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 04:52:44 PM »
Johnny,lets both forgive and forget....what do you say?
jesus christ died for our sins bro, i wonder if pellius beleived jesus christ walked this earth, i dont think i ever got to tell him thats our true master. What do you say?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2021, 04:55:11 PM »
Talked with Pellius over the  last year via PM. We had some cool conversations and I really enjoyed his presence—he was smart and had a good sense of humor. I am sure he will be missed by many.

PIP, Pellius.
sf you used to attack me alot on here what happend did you die too?
A

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2021, 04:56:50 PM »
Pellius was great

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2021, 04:57:19 PM »

You`d have to be one hungry son of a bitch to try to steal this guys quarter pounder.  LOL   :D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2021, 04:57:38 PM »
sf you used to attack me alot on here what happend did you die too?

I always assumed that SF1900 and Affeman were the same person

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2021, 05:02:05 PM »
jesus christ died for our sins bro, i wonder if pellius beleived jesus christ walked this earth, i dont think i ever got to tell him thats our true master. What do you say?
I dont know how Pellius felt about religion but my faith in God has been restored once I recovered from lung Cancer.

That kind of stuff make you think a bit differently.

I`m not a religious man by any means but I do believe in a hgher power. and I go by my own philosophy of just keep trying to be a good person and to keep trying to do the next right thing which I fail at constantly.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2021, 05:02:45 PM »
I always assumed that SF1900 and Affeman were the same person
No way bro.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »

You`d have to be one hungry son of a bitch to try to steal this guys quarter pounder.  LOL   :D

That is a badass pic

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »
I dont know how Pellius felt about religion but my faith in God has been restored once I recovered from lung Cancer.

That kind of stuff make you think a bit differently.

I`m not a religious man by any means but I do believe in a hgher power. and I go by my own philosophy of just keep trying to be a good person and to keep trying to do the next right thing which I fail at constantly.
you must learn more about Jesus Christ then in order to be fully restored
A

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »
Pellius was very intelligent and a ferocious debater. 

I would make a statement and he would challenge me with irrefutable facts and logic.

How can this man be gone?  Why Lord?

This sucks.

MTwain calf thread is the best calf training thread ever.  Thank you, Pellius.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2021, 05:15:38 PM »
i wouldnt be too concerned with what the crybaby report to mod bitch types

chaos is gonna wipe his posts and probably wipe him off the board when he gets back

i might be gone too but im kinda used to that  :D
"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »
The rumor-mill suggests Mighty Chaos is finishing his squat workout and then there will be things.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2021, 05:26:49 PM »
It is a blow, I really wished it wasn't true, RIP  :'(

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2021, 05:29:51 PM »
I will never forget his advice on training calves, I hope he’s in a better place now. RIP

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »
Truly, you are a typist. 

Be careful the line you cross may well be into oncoming traffic.  I have tried to help you learn and still you insist on being taught a lesson.  One last time. 

Many here, myself included, were impressed at your entering a contest and your condition for same.  But you proceeded  to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with your faggish cumpetitive brattitude toward any and all.  People wanted to like you. 

It takes work to make and keep friends.  To do what you have done here takes no effort beyond being an ass.    As said elsewhere, I have no doubt that your girlfriend or if you are married later, your wife, will bring a date to your funeral. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2021, 05:41:09 PM »
Cool response.

If Pellius was vulgar what are you?

Its fine if you don't like the dude but take it somewhere else.

Pellius will be missed. He was a great poster here and brought a lot to the board.

If  Pellius has indeed passed away it is my genuine hope that the Nazarene is true and the next words Pellius hears are, "Well done, faithful servant"...

If we who are mortal with all that entails, can discern the good in a man, how much more so one with the wisdom that is so evident in the Words of the Christ?

And yes, I am still Atheist but I can hope for the sake of a brother like Pellius than I am wrong. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2021, 05:49:59 PM »
Pellius was a lot of things to many people here. Sometimes he would support you and sometimes you were the enemy! Josh knows this. I was looking forward to meeting Philip the next time I was in Honolulu. That encounter at MacDonalds with the bum impacted on him. Big, long thread on Getbig and near the end of it he hated me. Something about unfinished business. He got kicked in the leg in that fight and perhaps that impacted on his health. He said he had a knee replacement and it was the worst decision he had ever made...because he had persisting pain, inflammation, and limited mobility.

Back to the hobo incident. He posted his name on a medical form. I went back in my history and there it was. Philip Gilkey. I ended up subscribing to Truthfinder to know more about him. Josh wanted to know his name and used an alias to try to get that information from me. I gave him a cryptic message to solve but he couldn't do it. Eventually I told him. Josh wanted to know because Pellius was someone who pissed him off. He was going to contact relatives, etc. Somehow they ended up as mates instead of enemies.

Going back some years our resident archiver, ND, felt Pellius was less than stellar because he posted a story about a 13 year old girl he was babysitting who wanted him to sleep with her. Most people would have left the forum because of that pedo thread. Not Pellius. He stays to the bitter end. Sort of like Goodrum but much smarter.

It is a sorry reflection of Getbig that Pellius' last thread was about whether he wore a wig or not. Vintage Getbig. He even posted a video on YouTube where a buddy held his phone camera to his scalp. He never posted the video here. I posted an hour after his last post in that thread where I said the legacy is the same as the accusations that Bob Chick wore a wig. Some will believe it no matter what the truth is.

I didn't think Philip looked well in his YouTube videos. Face was swollen and he gasped for air.

Overall, he was/is an interesting Getbigger and had big calves to the end. I don't have any hard feelings and I see he is well liked and even admired by many here on Getbig.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2021, 06:24:00 PM »
RIP to a great poster :(

He looked vascular and lean for ANY age, let alone 60+.  Great funny videos, too.

Condolences to those on this forum who knew him personally.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2021, 06:24:30 PM »
I've read his posts for years, even debated a few things once in awhile. Not all that much but my opinion of him was he was a pretty good guy posting on a board that sometimes isn't all that friendly or forgiving. Sorry to hear of his passing. It's kind of weird how there are people you have only met online and yet manage to build a connection with over the years. He'll be missed

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2021, 06:27:31 PM »
This one stings. Coincidentally, it's the second GetBig member from Hawaii that has passed during my tenure as moderator (Keith D Jones/onlyme/noworries being the first).

Guys, Phil was one of our own. Regardless of what you felt about Pellius the member, he was one of our own. As I've said in the passing of others here, sometimes we don't take into account how important our little online community truly is to so many folks on here. Phil would take so much time to put together elaborate posts to share with us all. Some were downright insane (fighting with a hobo), while others were a great recap of his many adventures. Shit, most recently the man had to invest so much time to prove that his hair was in fact his, instead of a cheap wig. The shit we put people through on this forum till this day amazes me.

You know, when you hang around GetBig for long enough you slowly see familiar names/faces come and go. Some move on and others pass away.

As a man, Phil was incredibly respectful from the moment I met him to the moment he closed his eyes to this world. For years, we would interact here on the forum and I would always keep a pulse on him throughout his many adventures. One thing I always remembered was that he always had a strange and slightly unwarranted respect for my Judaic background, although I would always tell him that we are ALL the same. For a brief period of time, I remember when he and a number of others took part in that great exodus to gh15's site. Those days, it was us against them, although I warned him that GetBig always has a way of beating the shit out of everything and everyone. Lo and behold, we remained friends even while he was a moderator on that site and I on here. Later, he returned and I was very happy to see him once again sharing with his old friends.

Most recently, we would interact on occasion, but not as much as before. Still, it was always an endearing sight to see his longer posts on displays when going on with his diatribes. I would always get a good chuckle. Moreover, the most recent posts of him rapping to biggie while driving was frankly some of the funniest and most memorable shit that I can remember posted on this site as of late. A 60+ year old man rapping to biggie smalls while mean-mugging opposing drivers on the road, who would've fucking thought! I even spoke to him privately and told him he should really consider starting a TikTok account as he would go viral and could stand to make some good money with the proper sponsors. Alas, he said it was past his time to do such things, as time catches up to us all.

Phil's time has come and he will be remembered as one of our own.

Until we meet again friend.

"1"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2021, 06:31:00 PM »
That ^^

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2021, 06:38:47 PM »
Hopefuly pellious became a follower of christ in his last moments
A

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2021, 06:43:13 PM »
Pretty sure I've cleaned the bullshit from this thread, if I've missed some negative posts someone let me know.
Like Clavin said, we had our abusive times, he used to melt at us and we reveled in it as all getbiggers do, eventually he chilled and we all got along well. Very smart guy and actually quite nice when you talked with him for awhile.
He will be missed. RIP

PS some of you reading this may take a some time a reflect on your actions and words about a man who meant something to the people on this board and realize that even if you hated him, you could have kept your fucking mouths shut. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2021, 06:55:48 PM »
Pretty sure I've cleaned the bullshit from this thread, if I've missed some negative posts someone let me know.
Like Clavin said, we had our abusive times, he used to melt at us and we reveled in it as all getbiggers do, eventually he chilled and we all got along well. Very smart guy and actually quite nice when you talked with him for awhile.
He will be missed. RIP

PS some of you reading this may take a some time a reflect on your actions and words about a man who meant something to the people on this board and realize that even if you hated him, you could have kept your fucking mouths shut. :-*

Man I use to laugh every time that shop of him dressed like a solder with the box kigs at his feet was posted ;D