Author Topic: Great Job The BEAST!!!  (Read 12187 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Great Job The BEAST!!!
« on: April 28, 2007, 10:30:11 PM »
Ladies, just wondering when everyone is competing this year.  It is great that the season has started!!!!!

Personally my schedule is as follows:
INBF, April 28 in Madison
NGA, May 12 in Peoria, IL
NPC, May 18 in Chicago, IL

Then maybe a National Level show...just depends on my physique and stamina.  Can't wait to step on stage this year as a bber.  I am getting a little nervous about my weight-I still haven't broken 130, yikes!  I don't want to be a heavyweight, ha  ;D

Can't wait to hear from you all  :-*

Nice job!

I took some pictures, but they are REALLY dark.  I wouldn't post them without permission anyway.

It was great meeting you!  I wish there was more time  :-[

Good luck at the next two shows.  Based on tonight, I know you'll do great!  :-*

BTW ~  Loved the sexy hair thing in your routine.
:

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Great Job The BEAST!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 04:57:48 AM »
Definitely will be interesting to see how BEAST will look this time out, she'll get the condition down in time, it's a work in progress.

Always good to see female bodybuilders.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 08:23:33 AM »
How did she do, Princess L?  I can't wait to see pictures!
Jodi

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 05:04:35 PM »
Bumping for Jen to log on and give permission for pics to be posted ;D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:12:45 AM »
Thanks Princess!  It was great meeting you, sorry I was a little out of it :) Hopefully we will have another opportunity to meet.  Haha, I heard my posing routine was a little "much" I had a lot of fun with it even though I was TERRIFIED!!!

As far as a recap...I thought the show went ok...I still need to bring my conditioning in a little.  I knew going into it that I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be plus I tried something completely different for my pre-show and I wasn't as dry as I hoped.  Overall the experience was great and the show was run very well.  There were 2 weight classes, 120 and over was Heavyweight, I weighed in at 127 (ugh, way tooo heavy...want to be about 122). 

I ended up winning my class but not the overall.  IMO the overall winner looked great and was more conditioned though I think I had more size and shape. It was a disappointing loss because only the overall winner received a INBF Pro Card.  For my next shows I can definitely improve on my posing...I have never seen on-stage bbing pics so now that I have some I know what I need to work on. 

Please critique any way you wish...just from first glance at these (friend just sent them) I am not getting down enough on my legs in my front poses, arms are a little high in my bicep shots, not flaring my lats enough and my abs look bad.  I definitely don't look conditioned enough...   

These are a few of my class and individuals 
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:14:37 AM »
Overall pics
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »
Oh and Princess you can post any pics you like :)  Thanks for asking.
Jennifer

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 11:17:34 AM »
contestant third from left, drying her nails?

(p.s. congrats to beast)
X

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »
Congrats Jen!!!!

Winning your class in your first bodybuilding show is beyond excellent! Also I would say the girl beating you for the overall is a very debatable win, as no disrespect intended, but something about her structure I find a bit 'off'. Personally, I would have given it to you.

Very nice overall presentation, hair, suit, smile etc. As I am sure you know your legs could be a bit leaner, and also in your front double bi, your leg positioning is not the best. From the back you look extremely good, and your overall look/structure is extremely nice.

Not to rant, but I cannot express how nice it is to see natural female bodybuilders doing their thing.

Excellent job and huge congrats to you again ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 09:38:25 AM »
beautiful as always Jen.  :)
:D Weee

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »
You've definitely made progress.

Looked harder. Although you're far from being extreme ripped at this show, you're one better. In time, you will have the condition. For every show you're doing, you're getting more ripped, more shredded.

I liked the improvements on the arms, both the triceps and the biceps.

Delts, back and chest needs improvements.

Your quads are awesome of course. The hams and ass looked to match up quite well.

Remember, you're one of the good girls. Stay that way.

And stay strong.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
Congrats Jen, nothing to add it's all been said ;D

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »
I'd hit it..

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 07:04:52 AM »
Thanks Princess!  It was great meeting you, sorry I was a little out of it :) Hopefully we will have another opportunity to meet.  Haha, I heard my posing routine was a little "much" I had a lot of fun with it even though I was TERRIFIED!!!

As far as a recap...I thought the show went ok...I still need to bring my conditioning in a little.  I knew going into it that I wasn't exactly where I wanted to be plus I tried something completely different for my pre-show and I wasn't as dry as I hoped.  Overall the experience was great and the show was run very well.  There were 2 weight classes, 120 and over was Heavyweight, I weighed in at 127 (ugh, way tooo heavy...want to be about 122). 

I ended up winning my class but not the overall.  IMO the overall winner looked great and was more conditioned though I think I had more size and shape. It was a disappointing loss because only the overall winner received a INBF Pro Card.  For my next shows I can definitely improve on my posing...I have never seen on-stage bbing pics so now that I have some I know what I need to work on. 

Please critique any way you wish...just from first glance at these (friend just sent them) I am not getting down enough on my legs in my front poses, arms are a little high in my bicep shots, not flaring my lats enough and my abs look bad.  I definitely don't look conditioned enough...   

These are a few of my class and individuals 
Awesome job! Congrats on your win! Your physique has really changed alot form your figure days! You look great  :D

PB

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 11:58:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions :)  I can't wait to get on stage next weekend with a better understanding of my body positioning and see the difference-especially with my back as it should be my stongest point. 

Hedgey, of course I will stay a good girl...unless you get me behind closed doors, hehe

Thanks again  :-* :-*
Jennifer

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 12:39:12 PM »
I think it's awesome you transitioned and I can honestly say after this past weekend at the Jr USA... I'm doing the same. I've wanted to be a bodybuilder all along but feared not being big enough so I settled for Figure. However after numerous competitions both regional and national, and judging criteria changing each and every time... I'm heading over to bodybuilding!

Best of luck to you, you're a beautiful girl with an awesome physique... keep up the good work!
Patricia

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »
I think it's awesome you transitioned and I can honestly say after this past weekend at the Jr USA... I'm doing the same. I've wanted to be a bodybuilder all along but feared not being big enough so I settled for Figure. However after numerous competitions both regional and national, and judging criteria changing each and every time... I'm heading over to bodybuilding!

I have no idea who you are and all, but I am glad to see you heading to bodybuilding. Seems quite a few figure girls are switching which I think is great; figure is beyond saturated, and bodybuilding needs new blood. Best of luck to you :D

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 03:49:20 PM »
figure is beyond saturated, and bodybuilding needs new blood.

So true.

Well done Jennifer, congrats!
:)

Gottastayfit

• Getbig II
  • Obsessed is how the lazy describe the dedicated.
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 05:13:51 AM »
Thanks so much CQ for the well wishes. I gave Figure another try in 2007, trying not to jump the gun after a disappointing year in 2006 but once again it let me down. The judges don't know what they want until they see it therefore making it impossible to prepare. Bodybuilding is cut and dry... muscle mass, hard and full. There are many Figure girls who could easily make the switch, hopefully they will and we can make the competitions interesting again.

I included a pic from last weekend, I was in Class E.

Patricia

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 05:35:34 AM »
Gottastayfit, hate to sound like the guys and all but you are "hot", beautiful physique!

That is why I find figure a bit frustrating. So many quality physiques, and I can never 'get' the judging, like you said who knows what they want. Not being critcal, as I look at the lineups and couldn't judge it either. For me I'm fitness, so that's a bit cut and dry as well. Kick higher, flip higher, hold longer, do neater etc...

I am very pleased as on this board alone, you are the 4th girls to talk of switching from fig to BB, and I really hope it's a sign of things to come. Best of luck to you, you have a great muscle base and I am sure you will look great as a bodybuilder ;)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:26 AM »
GSF- you look great...I am so excited to hear that you are wanting to cross-over!  I am with CQ...it surprises me that you didn't do VERY well at the show and I would love to see more pics.

Judging by last years Nationals in Miami, bbing is making a very feminine comeback.  Unfortunately I don't know that I will ever be able to get on stage at a National Level show and compete with those woman but I am going to try!  I will have more success in Natural shows but then I will miss all the friends I have made in the NPC. 

Keep in touch  GSF and let me know which shows you plan on doing next year and if you are going to compete at all later this year.
Jennifer

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2007, 10:18:19 AM »
GSF- you look great...I am so excited to hear that you are wanting to cross-over!  I am with CQ...it surprises me that you didn't do VERY well at the show and I would love to see more pics.

Judging by last years Nationals in Miami, bbing is making a very feminine comeback.  Unfortunately I don't know that I will ever be able to get on stage at a National Level show and compete with those woman but I am going to try!  I will have more success in Natural shows but then I will miss all the friends I have made in the NPC. 

Keep in touch  GSF and let me know which shows you plan on doing next year and if you are going to compete at all later this year.
Jen, you look amazing and will definitely be able to hit the stage at a National Level. Don't do that to yourself.   >:(
:D Weee

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »

You will get there. It will take some time, but you will get there. 5-6 years, or whatever, but you can be great.

In time you will have the condition.

What it all boils down to is if you have the mental toughness to hang in there that long. :P

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 02:27:46 PM »
I'd hit it twice..

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
Great job, Jennifer!!  I bet you had so much fun posing up there!  So much better than the quarter turns in figure, huh?!

Just keep at it.  The conditioning will get better and better with each show, and the posing will become easier.  I have a very difficult time with the side chest and the ab/quad shots, and it just takes tons of practice.  The poses are easy to mess up since you can't watch yourself in the mirror while on stage.

Your muscle bellies look full, and I like you as a bodybuilder.  You represent us natural female bodybuilders so well!  Best of luck to you on the next one!
Jodi